Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Satanic group reveals crowdfunded monument for Oklahoma State Capitol

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/3/567...-state-capitol

Hail Satan! lol, religion

Mod edit: I'm allowing this thread, even though we had a prior thread on the topic here, because that prior thread was closed after it devolved into religion bashing rather than discussing the statue and the legal issues surrounding it. Please keep it on topic and within the site rules.
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-05-05 at 12:55 PM.

Is this new information apart from the thread the other day that got locked for religion bashing?

Regardless, I still like it that people are out there teaching people what freedom actually means.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fantastic!
    Lock rocks, made to order.

"For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing." 1 Corinthians 5:3
    It is a terrible thing that this got approved.

That's excellent, just excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by xfifix View Post
    "For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing." 1 Corinthians 5:3
    That what approved? The monument of the 10 commandments in the state capitol? Yeah I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This would all be easier if people would just stop trying to make excuses for inserting religion into the government. I hope the statue works.
    "I'm going to show you how wrong it is for you to insert YOUR religion by forcing my religion on you!"

Now I'm not religious. At all. But even I can recognize the difference between a building, or property, and a group of people (the Government).

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    "I'm going to show you how wrong it is for you to insert YOUR religion by forcing my religion on you!"
    If you read the article, it's all about being secular. It's what they say is the entire point behind it.

Sometimes I feel these "satanic" groups are actually just atheists and trolls who wish to mock society for not separating religion and state.

The things they do are just too funny and satirical in nature and not the least bit evil as their supposed religion would suggest.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Only God can judge me!...

Not that I would care in any way tough.

/rolleyes

I'm tempted t forward this to some of my more religious family members. But they would tell on me, even at 34 yo I'm to afraid of my moms wrath to risk it.
    Last edited by alt-ithist; 2014-05-05 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

You either get no religious symbols, or all of them. Choose.

Are you one of the people behind this video?

WARNING: Will kill braincells on sight

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Sometimes I feel these "satanic" groups are actually just atheists and trolls who wish to mock society for not separating religion and state.

The things they do are just too funny and satirical in nature and not the least bit evil as their supposed religion would suggest.
    If you'd read it, you'd find that's EXACTLY what they are (and make no bones about being).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

Pretty sure in this situation that might be the case. If they'd simply turned around and said words it wouldn't have worked, so a group of smart people decided to fight fire with fire in a passive aggressive manner. I'm sure there are "real" satanists out there but the majority of these ones and the donations were just a "fuck you" gesture.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do we need another thread about this?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    why do we need another thread about this?
    Is there another?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Is there another?
    There was but I think it got closed. Might have been the one with Derpkitteh's "we should murder all jews and muslims and christians and I will force people to believe in agnosticism because religion forces people to believe something and forcing belief is bad". That probably played a role.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    nothing wrong with satanism, much more palatable than most mainstream religions to be honest.

Though I'd hope we can get past all of this soon and move on to rationalism , at least in public life and government.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    They should be able to put it up.

The real problem are insecure, religious control freaks. They actually think God is some sadistic bastard that will punish them if they do not erect religious symbols and verses all over government property. Ironically, there are verses in the Bible that warn against ever having religious services on government grounds.

I call them insecure because of this- Prayer in school crap.

They teach their kids to pray. So they are not worried about them. They are obsessed with forcing YOUR kids to pray and pray like they do.

This is something I slam my friends, coworkers, strangers and family about.

First- it is a lie. Kids can and always have been able to pray in school.
    They just cannot have a government agent (teacher or otherwise) lead them in any religious ceremony on government property.

We had prayer in one of my elementary schools when I was a kid. You would not believe the arguments the parents would get into over which version of the Christianity the teachers needed to be. My school hired a catholic teacher. He was hands down the best teacher I ever had. By that time, prayer was not allowed to be led by a school employee.

The morons who freaked out over him being catholic were embarrassing.

Either go as an example or shut the hell up.
    Last edited by Zebuthecow; 2014-05-05 at 12:58 PM.