Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm so sad... only 7 million other people I can play with it's not fair. I wish there were as many other players in this game as other multi players games. /leSigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    At 15 dollars a month, that is 3 million dollars worth of revenue per month they are not receiving anymore.
    Why $15? Why aren't they all paying 0.45¥ an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    You could put Cataclysm as the second expansion and it'd be WoWs peak of subscribers. WotLK was when players leaving rose above new players joining.
    One would think it was the worst time in all of WoW considering the gigantic threads about how the game was destroying itself with its casualness. FULL TIER SETS FOR JUSTICE LOLOLOL
    Still the content in LK was great Ulduar was a gigantic leap in raiding, and the subs number shows that the conсept behind LK was right. To be honest I really liked the style and the atmosphere of that expantion. Gearing was really easy in LK for sure, I think this is not a bad thing really. I coud gear up my toon in 1 day to get into normals, and heroic gear wasn't so easy to obtain. It was easy to start raiding and this is what I like to do in this game. Now if you return in the game you have to farm on the timeless isle for lfr, then go to lfr and farm lfr, and only after lfr you can try flex/normal and only then you can aim for heroics from my perspective this is messed up. Why do you need to go through the same content so many times Oo? The Idea of timeless isle is not something I appreciate, I'd rather ran through some heroics to get some practice/gear/points for futher raiding, than mindlessly run in circles around the island looking for chests/rare mobs and doing dailies.

Rip in peace wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kniff808 View Post
    Looks like after Arthas died, WoW began doing the same thing.
    A lot of the peak in numbers during wrath came from people wanting to finish the story of the lich king. After it was finished there was really nothing to keep them around anymore since the lich king part of wow was done.

I honestly expected a bigger loss. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep the playerbase interested through Q2 and Q3.

Doomsayers are gonna be Doomsayers. Fan Boiz are gonna be fan boiz. Both groups are equally stupid.

The only constant out of all this is the fact that blizzard will continue expanding on WoW until its no longer profitable. I am beginning to believe that threads like these are only ever made to rile up the mentally handicapped zealots from both sides.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Diablo 3 and Hearthstone are filling my time more than watching trade chat between LFG Raids & PVP.
    It's not that WOW is broken, there just isn't anything new and exciting like a Zombie invasion :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcherry View Post
    How much milk do you drink?! Your bones must be made of steel.
    That's like $3.40 worth of milk per week.

To be fair, I probably only spend $2.40 per week on milk. Maybe I should include sugar?

Basically this would be a lot easier if I drank coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asperity View Post
    So the Lich King expansion had the most subscribers, and is considered the worst by majority of players, meh.
    It actually usually wins the best expansion polls now, though you wouldnt have known it from threads at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This not bad at all, only a very small loss... if it was change, we would have said: "keep the change".

To be honest I didn't expect this, i thought the losses would bigger, a lot bigger.
    Glad to be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    At 15 dollars a month, that is 3 million dollars worth of revenue per month they are not receiving anymore.
    Out of 114 million.

So it lost that winter bump which the team partially attributed to the winter. I didnt listen to the report yet, but if I recall the boost to 90 was within the first quarter frame and about within a month of the end of the quarter which ether means it worked and there was higher than previous turn over or it didnt really work out at least for the first quarter of MoP where there was still about two quarters until the end of MoP.

Deleted

Subscription - Patch/expansion schedule

I was interested to see how the OP graph fit with the release of Expansions and major patches, so I made the attached adaptations. Thought you guys might like to compare too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Out of 114 million.

3 million USD is nothing, consider that a new mount on the battle net shop can sell 1million times for 20 USD, in just the first day of it's release.
    Remember that mount back at WotLK that made the battle net shop have queues to enter up to 700.000?

With WoD and the new character models i would expect a rise even up to 9m users, perhaps temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Asshat View Post
    Unless you pay a subscription to play DotA, no it is not.
    7.6 million people actively paying to play the game is -huge-.
    Well if you want to talk about activity, LoL was last said to have about 7million concurrent users with about 33million "active" users. I do wonder what the stats are on former WoW players that are playing LoL. While WoW is at over 100million current and former players I wouldnt be surprised if LoL had similar or greater numbers, but what kind of marketing team markets a 7% retention rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asperity View Post
    So the Lich King expansion had the most subscribers, and is considered the worst by majority of players, meh.
    Funny, I have heard many saying Cataclysm was the worst expansion, and I agree here.

Second worst is Mists of Pandaria.

The numbers are simply amazing. Only 200k lost for wow and 2,7 mil copies sold for a game as bad as diablo... It's baffling.... People simply dont care for lack of content, empty servers, poor pvp etc etc. They just want to give their money....
    I check this site every now and then just in case i find a reason to subscribe again, only to be disappointed every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdofherne View Post
    I was interested to see how the OP graph fit with the release of Expansions and major patches, so I made the attached adaptations. Thought you guys might like to compare too.
    IMO the only visible impact on subs by expansion is the bump at MoP launch. Assuming it's not just random. Otherwise it follows a pretty consistent curve from start to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nienor View Post
    The numbers are simply amazing. Only 200k lost for wow and 2,7 mil copies sold for a game as bad as diablo... It's baffling.... People simply dont care for lack of content, empty servers, poor pvp etc etc. They just want to give their money....
    I check this site every now and then just in case i find a reason to subscribe again, only to be disappointed every single time.
    It makes more sense than you think, as a current player I can tell you there's more content in the game today than in any previous expansion.

Possibly put together.

Only thing dragging subs down is age really.

Deleted
    Kind of incredible that he game "peaked" in terms of subscribers about 5-6 years after release.

I am also surprised to learn that there are actually a lot more people playing the game now than back when I played in 2005.

I have mixed feelings about the numbers. On the one hand, it does seem to lose subscriptions and part of that might be some of the design decisions that were implemented. On the other hand, the game was released a decade ago, and perhaps what we are seeing is the inevitable decline of interest in a game that has been out for such a long time, and the emergence of many free-to-play MMO's that seem to follow roughly the same blueprint as WoW and have become a viable alternative for many players.

Deleted
    Not even sure why.