Friend in need of build help

Okay so my friend brought me two separate partpicker lists and I really didn't know what to tell him. They don't really have any sort of budget to speak of and they essentially want to know which of the two will be better for gaming (WoW in particular), maybe a little graphic design and more or less just browsing the internet. Also they want to know if you can make a build that would be cheaper as well as better/similar in performance to either. Feel free to cut corners whenever you think its appropriate. The link to the two builds they showed me are as follows

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3Fupq

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3FuBn

Deleted
    Get this instead:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.97 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $747.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-07 10:34 EDT-0400)

Overclock ready, and the only area with a possible compromise is the GPU. If that bothers you, fork an extra $25 over for the GTX750Ti, which is much more efficient on a performance/watt basis.

Deleted
    What angrychicken said is better from either ones you posted. although i am not a fan of that R7
    I would add to the above build a Samsung 120gb ssd
    As far as the gpu goes the gtx660 you have in your builds is superior to the R7 260 thus more expensive so if they can afford it on top of the ssd they should go for it.

That would bring angry's build up to around 870$ which is around your first build's budget.

Alright thanks for the responses so far. I was pretty uncomfortable with the 660 in the second build in light of the mobo/cpu that they had paired with it. I don't really like the R7 either so I tossed in the bit about possibly swapping around to the 750ti or possibly just going with the 660 if they can find a decent deal/don't care about the little bit extra. As for the first build, well, I don't really keep up with AMD CPUs these days so I couldn't really begin to comment on it without researching. Although it appears to be taken from MMOC's monthly build list after talking to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who swapped from R7 260x to R9 270x, I wouldn't recommend anything less than R9, so for that budget a 660 seems a better deal:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyt...rd-gvn660oc2gd
    PM me weird stuff :3