Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No Balance Changes..

So it seems like not only has there not been any new content added to the game but it also seems like Blizzard has ignored even making simple PvP balance changes.

I don't understand how they haven't adjusted any of the classes that are under / over performing. At this point it is not a lack of data that is stopping them. And when I look at all of the changes they are doing for WoD I can't help but wonder why some of those aren't being done now or at least at the start of S15 (which didn't even have many changes itself).

I think it's pretty unacceptable and low for Blizzard to just essentially abandon the game for a year+ without even minor changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as they're concerned, they gave you a raid tier and extra season to play with and that's their job done until Warlords.

It's the last pvp season for this xpac so I don't think they are to worried about making changes for now. For me, I want them to put all of the time they have into warlords and get it out asap.

Yay Warlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    As far as they're concerned, they gave you a raid tier and extra season to play with and that's their job done until Warlords.
    Yeah, Which is a terrible state of mind for a Business that wants to do well and is the reason why WoW is going downhill. People are paying to play the game right now, you can't just ignore it for the length of time they are.

Not getting new content is one thing, but refusing to make even minor balance changes where they are needed is horrible and shows they really don't care about the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    It's the last pvp season for this xpac so I don't think they are to worried about making changes for now. For me, I want them to put all of the time they have into warlords and get it out asap.

Yay Warlords!
    We aren't seeing Warlords for another 5 - 7 months. That is a long way from now to not make any changes at all to a game that needs it.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-05-10 at 02:26 AM.

Isn't to shocking. PVP has always been a side attraction in WoW. And because they don't have different ratios for PVP and PVE if they change something in PVP it affects PVE or vice-versa. That's the real reason they don't do tweaks all the time. Soon as they change something for one it changes it for the other. The best thing that can come of the PVP system in WoW is hopefully Blizzard learned that they need to code their engine for their next MMO to have different ratios for each. Balancing a game around two systems is just... idiotic. And it wasn't a big deal in Vanilla but with the addition of resilience and huge stats it got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Isn't to shocking. PVP has always been a side attraction in WoW. And because they don't have different ratios for PVP and PVE if they change something in PVP it affects PVE or vice-versa. That's the real reason they don't do tweaks all the time. Soon as they change something for one it changes it for the other. The best thing that can come of the PVP system in WoW is hopefully Blizzard learned that they need to code their engine for their next MMO to have different ratios for each. Balancing a game around two systems is just... idiotic. And it wasn't a big deal in Vanilla but with the addition of resilience and huge stats it got out of hand.
    I understand why there aren't major balance changes, However, they have no excuse to not make minor ones where needed. For example, Increasing something like Ret's self healing with Word of Glory by 5% wouldn't be a difficult thing to do.

A lot of people play WoW simply for PvP. By not even making little balance changes they make a lot of people frustrated with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah, Which is a terrible state of mind for a Business that wants to do well and is the reason why WoW is going downhill. People are paying to play the game right now, you can't just ignore it for the length of time they are.

Not getting new content is one thing, but refusing to make even minor balance changes where they are needed is horrible and shows they really don't care about the game.

- - - Updated - - -

We aren't seeing Warlords for another 5 - 7 months. That is a long way from now to not make any changes at all to a game that needs it.
    They aren't ignoring it. They've had a number of hotfixes and changes in recent weeks. Just because they aren't the changes *you* want them to make, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. Learn the difference.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many people PvP these days compared to PvE. I'd say they are equal, or almost equal in regards to populations. I honestly think the real reason they're not doing any 'balance' changes now is because they want to wait until at least they've taken Challenge Modes out of the games (so they don't mess up any rankings).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They aren't ignoring it. They've had a number of hotfixes and changes in recent weeks. Just because they aren't the changes *you* want them to make, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. Learn the difference.
    Have you even read the notes for the hotfixes they have made? They have all been bug fixes. Maybe you should learn the difference.

I agree, but it has almost always been this way. If anything gets added it is half baked, though more often than not there is about a year of nothing. BC added Sunwell, but most people didn't even get near that far. Wrath had Ruby Sanctum which was barely even used by the raiding population and was pretty lackluster. Cata had nothing towards the end and MoP will be exactly the same.

Basically unless a miracle happens, by the third tier of raiding there will be little to no new content/changes until just before the next expansion.
    Stay salty my friends.

The solution for me simply was to quit it a month ago and return at the preperation patch 6.0 or WoD.

Just play another game and quit wow for that time period, luckily wow isn't the only addictive game. And certainly not the one with the best PvP.

if you look at the WoD changes - pvp probably will be many times better there - so i do not see why wasting any time now with wow - i got all weapon heirlooms from garrosh and pvp is unchanged as is.

And their business model is the standard in the game industry an addon will get them more money and attention than just another patch or minor changes. Even blizzard devs say, you should take a break at some point and do something else.

This is definately the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    The solution for me simply was to quit it a month ago and return at the preperation patch 6.0 or WoD.

Just play another game and quit wow for that time period, luckily wow isn't the only addictive game. And certainly not the one with the best PvP.

if you look at the WoD changes - pvp probably will be many times better there - so i do not see why wasting any time now with wow - i got all weapon heirlooms from garrosh and pvp is unchanged as is.

And their business model is the standard in the game industry an addon will get them more money and attention than just another patch or minor changes. Even blizzard devs say, you should take a break at some point and do something else.

This is definately the time.
    I actually just unsubbed a week ago because of it (still have play time until the end of the month). Like I said, I totally understand why there aren't major changes. That isn't my issue. It's the fact that they aren't even making minor changes in an attempt to make things better. WoW right now is being ignored and that is a bad business decision. Gw2 (no sub fee) has actual content updates every other week so there is no good excuse for WoW to not get minor balance fixes.

You'll get changes in 6.0 but until then you just have to wait.

Well first of all class changes are held back because Blizzard is afraid frequent changes will scare away new/casual players. I guess it makes sense from a business perspective--many of the players that actually like and care about this game are going to stick around either way, and less dedicated players are by definition more flaky. It's sad that the game actually suffers as a result of trying to maintain sub numbers, but that's the reality.

Secondly, balance really isn't that bad. Sure there's a lot of room for improvement, but I think the bigger issues are things that would require large gamewide restructuring. For example, the classes that are currently overperforming seem to be more a result of having low skill floors than actually being too strong to compete against. Likewise, I think the game as a whole is unpleasant because mostly because classes are so bloated with bad, unnecessary, and/or plain annoying abilities/mechanics and not so much because of imbalance. Or maybe I'm wrong, but that was my take on it when I tried to get back into the game.

Also, what era of the game are you coming from where you have these expectations? Not that your class deserves to be trash-tier, but ret hasn't exactly had a history as one of the dominant pvp specs. It's kind of par for course at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    Well first of all class changes are held back because Blizzard is afraid frequent changes will scare away new/casual players. I guess it makes sense from a business perspective--many of the players that actually like and care about this game are going to stick around either way, and less dedicated players are by definition more flaky. It's sad that the game actually suffers as a result of trying to maintain sub numbers, but that's the reality.

Secondly, balance really isn't that bad. Sure there's a lot of room for improvement, but I think the bigger issues are things that would require large gamewide restructuring. For example, the classes that are currently overperforming seem to be more a result of having low skill floors than actually being too strong to compete against. Likewise, I think the game as a whole is unpleasant because mostly because classes are so bloated with bad, unnecessary, and/or plain annoying abilities/mechanics and not so much because of imbalance. Or maybe I'm wrong, but that was my take on it when I tried to get back into the game.

Also, what era of the game are you coming from where you have these expectations? Not that your class deserves to be trash-tier, but ret hasn't exactly had a history as one of the dominant pvp specs. It's kind of par for course at this point.
    I have played since Vanilla. There is no excuse to not make minor changes where they are needed. Not making any changes because they are afraid people will unsub is ridiculous. They are losing people because there aren't enough changes.

A year without any adjustments in unacceptable. We still have 5 - 7 months before WoD. Do you really think that is ok or makes any sense at all? If you played one of the classes at the bottom it would definitely be more apparent to you.

This has nothing to do with what class I play. I'm really not even playing (just levelling alts) because I can't stand the state of the game.

While infrequent balance adjustments are costing them subs, you can bet they have data suggesting they'd lose even more to frequent updates. Quite simply, it has to be one of two things: either the developers of the highest grossing video game to ever exist are incompetent and only had a good game once completely by accident, or the current state of the game is a business decision. I'm not saying I approve, but the 'why' is pretty obvious.

This isn't just the old hardcore vs casual debate either. You also have to tread lightly around anything that will even remotely affect pve. Seriously, I mean even in the slightest way. Again, they're the majority so they're the priority. Imagine, as an example, you upped the dr on divine prot. Seems fairly reasonable. Nope. That day, pve heroes would be throwing tantrums on Blizzard's forums over how paladins are going to take their jobs. So I'm sure you can imagine how the complete damage redistribution your spec needs would go over. The only thing you can change that won't get a backlash from pve players is cc, and they even complain about that half the time.

For what it's worth, I'm completely with you. Of course I'd prefer the game be as good as it can be. From Blizzard's perspective though it doesn't seem to matter if the game is good--whichever option makes more money is the one they pursue. And I can't say that doesn't make sense.

So it seems like not only has there not been any new content added to the game but it also seems like Blizzard has ignored even making simple PvP balance changes.

I don't understand how they haven't adjusted any of the classes that are under / over performing. At this point it is not a lack of data that is stopping them. And when I look at all of the changes they are doing for WoD I can't help but wonder why some of those aren't being done now or at least at the start of S15 (which didn't even have many changes itself).

I think it's pretty unacceptable and low for Blizzard to just essentially abandon the game for a year+ without even minor changes.
    They made already their money of MoP. No need for further adjustments. Now they brough D3 and HS for all who got bored with WoW or picked the wrong class for PVP

Deleted
    Balance is kinda fine. The power creep and idiotic class mechanics are beyond fixing until 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Balance is kinda fine. The power creep and idiotic class mechanics are beyond fixing until 6.0.
    Ya, instead of making a blizzard is evil thread, propose some changes. If ret needs a 5% healing increase (what) then explain why.

As stated above, the big problems with the game right now are fundamental, they aren't tweaking a variable somewhere. There is nothing wrong with unsubbing if you are bored.

Yeah, Which is a terrible state of mind for a Business that wants to do well and is the reason why WoW is going downhill.
    Sorry, but I read this and as far as I am concerned, this is where I stop taking an interest in anything you have to say.

Is Blizzard happy with this; No. Is Blizzard aware it's better to put those hours into Expansion Development rather than worrying about End-Of-Expansion Blues; Yes.

World of Warcraft isn't going downhill, and if you suspect it is, you're more then welcome to leave.