Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon Titan reveal,confirmed? Maybe?

Apparently,according to a Blizzard employee's LinkedIn profile,Blizzard will announce a "top secret project sometime in 2014".
    Since there's barely anything real to announce at Blizzcon,this could possibly be true.
    Last year Blizzard also stated they have a small team working on something special for WarCraft's 20th anniversary this year,so it doesn't necessarily have to be Project Titan. I'm sure we won't be getting merely a mount for the anniversary.

"Blizzard has also filed a trademark for “Overwatch” last month, in addition to a listing for a lead to work on “an unannounced game title” surfacing, so the upcoming announcement might be related to something else entirely.

That’s the exciting part. Unfortunately, an “unannounced game title” could also mean that Blizzard will be unveiling another expansion for World of Warcaft or Diablo 3, or even one for their most recent creation, Hearthstone.

Which wouldn’t actually be that bad after all, but it remains to be seen at this year’s edition on BlizzCon, taking place on November 7-8, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Southern California."

Link to the articles:

http://manaflask.com/en/articles/top...ed-at-blizzcon

Kotaku - http://kotaku.com/whats-up-with-bliz...ium=Socialflow

LinkedIn profile itself - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ben-kilgore/5/152/a65

Are there any news on Sc2 Protoss Xpac yet?

They mentioned earlier that they were working on a smaller game with a small, Hearthstone-esque team, as far as I remember. That doesn't sound like a Titan-size project, and that could be what they're planning on announcing. I don't think it's anywhere near confirmed that we'll get news about Titan this yeah.

Secret project? Sure, okay.

Titan? I'm going to go ahead and say it's not that. Titan isn't exactly a secret at this point.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmain View Post
    Are there any news on Sc2 Protoss Xpac yet?
    Nope. Even if they were working on it,they would openly reveal it.

We've been hearing about Titan since 2008, we'll have as much chance of seeing Starcraft: Ghost at this point.

Chief Technology Officer
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Computer Games industry
    April 2014 – Present (2 months) Irvine, CA

Giggle.

Deleted
    They said they're working on releasing WC3 like Enhanced Edition, I actually still hope they'll remake WC3 or the older ones with characters from HotS <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    They said they're working on releasing WC3 like Enhanced Edition, I actually still hope they'll remake WC3 or the older ones with characters from HotS <3
    Exactly. Something like that would be fitting to a 20th anniversary anyway,similar to other HD remakes.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-...f-them-all-r88

Mynsc of Titan Focus/also a member here, thinks it may be an online shooter, possibly co-op, due to language in job offerings (mentions of it probably being a new IP, needing replayable gameplay experience for its maps from someone passionate for competitive multiplayer games, and 3D weapon designers that can do weapons, equipment, vehicles, and mechanical characters), and the Game Director for one of Blizzard's secret games being the guy that helped do Left 4 Dead and worked on Counter-Strike series.

A non-StarCraft Ghost shooter sound too random for Blizzard? Well, it could be based on the game Blizzard was working on before abandoning it to do World of Warcraft, codenamed Nomad: "In the game, codenamed Nomad, players would build up squads of soldiers, upgrade their abilities, find new guns, and go online to challenge other players' armies. Others on the team favored an adventure/RPG more in the vein of Final Fantasy."

At blizzcon last year they said the game wasn't coming up how they liked so they took most of the staff off the project and went back to the drawing boards. Unless that was a lie I'd be shocked to see an announcement this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god here we go its the dark below all over again inb4#iwanttobeleive

didnt they scrap titan and said they would give it a different name?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post

I don't know about completely scrapped as they indicated some staff was left on the project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, could be Project: Titan.

Even though we all know of the project, we don't know about the project. We know they have restarted the project as well as it'll most likely be an MMO as it was mentioned that it should be able to compete with WoW for a bit. Rest of the details are unknown to us. Basicly a secret.

I don't really think too much into it, when BlizzCon airs, I'll sit back with a drink and snacks - viewing it on big screen. Heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post

Negative.

Project: Titan isn't the name, first of all, but the project name. The whole progress of Titan was restarted as they didn't like the direction of their content.

It is still on the table.

And well, this 'Dark Below', wasn't that also just air? Don't recall, so many fake trademarks has been on the forum.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-11 at 10:25 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Does anyone even know what Titan is supposed to be? It's starting to feel like people are just grasping for straws...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Does anyone even know what Titan is supposed to be? It's starting to feel like people are just grasping for straws...
    No one knows, other than project name, that it isn't WoW Franchise and that they rebooted and that it is most likely going to be an MMO.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Warcraft 4

mod-note: Edited a little, don't post oversized fonts.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-11 at 10:34 PM.

I seem to remember them actually saying publicly at some point that they would be shooting for a 2015 or 2016 announcement for whatever Titan is. I think this information came in tandem with the announcement that they were relocating the majority of the Titan staff to work on current projects and taking it back to the drawing board. No source. Can't remember. #grainofsalt

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And well, this 'Dark Below', wasn't that also just air? Don't recall, so many fake trademarks has been on the forum.
    Yeah, it was completely not Blizzard. They said as much during a Q&A or something at BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    I seem to remember them actually saying publicly at some point that they would be shooting for a 2015 or 2016 announcement for whatever Titan is. I think this information came in tandem with the announcement that they were relocating the majority of the Titan staff to work on current projects and taking it back to the drawing board. No source. Can't remember. #grainofsalt

Yeah, it was completely not Blizzard. They said as much during a Q&A or something at BlizzCon.
    Indeed, they announced in hope for 2015/2016 for Project: Titan. That is what they aimed for after they had to restart it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Project Titan was the codename for Blizzard's Next-Gen MMORPG. Titan was not 'wow 2' or anything like that, and was/is going to be its own franchise. While there were some hints and potential 'leaks' here and there over the years, it is unknown if that info will still be valid since last year they decided they needed to 'make some large design and technology changes to the game.'

Originally Posted by Mike Morhaime
    We've always had a highly iterative development process, and the unannounced MMO is no exception. We've come to a point where we need to make some large design and technology changes to the game. We're using this opportunity to shift some of our resources to assist with other projects while the core team adapts our technology and tools to accommodate these new changes. Note that we haven't announced any dates for the MMO.
    Around 70 of the 100+ man Titan team were shuffled onto other Blizzard games, and I believe have been slowly moving back to what was once Titan as they get it going again.

Interestingly, at BlizzCon 2013 Mike Morhaime did the only interview related to Titan, and said that they had to take a step back and rethink Titan because they weren't sure if they could produce a Blizzard quality game in a reasonable time frame, and that it is 'pretty different than what we set out to do.'

Originally Posted by Paul Sams
    I think we have a very bright future. I believe Titan is the most ambitious thing we've ever attempted. And I feel like we have set our company up to succeed on that.

We have some of our most talented and most experienced developers on that team. Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team. We think that Titan is going to be very impactful in our industry and, we hope, very impactful to the world.

We think that the reach of that product is greater than anything that we've done before. We're very excited about that. I believe that it's the type of game that will have a very long life, much like World of Warcraft has. So, hopefully in 10, 15 and 20 years, that [new MMO] will still be growing strong and will have set a new mark in the industry for that type of product.
    Last edited by von Richthofen; 2014-05-11 at 10:50 PM.