Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gladiator Stance with 2handers.

Gladiator Stance warriors that use Sword and Board for dps should be able to use 2handers as a weapon.

How would you feel about that? Especially for example a polearm+shield combo? It would significantly add to the cool factor.

I'm not sure how it would work, as this is mostly a fluff thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Gladiator Stance warriors that use Sword and Board for dps should be able to use 2handers as a weapon.

How would you feel about that? Especially for example a polearm+shield combo? It would significantly add to the cool factor.

Would mean your weapon would unequip if you ever (for some reason) swapped out of glad stance, meaning it'd just cause frustration if you start a fight and forget your weapon.

Not to mention you're stepping on Fury's toes with this.

Doesn't sound that solid of an idea tbh.

would adore being able to use a polearm and shield however I cannot see them doing this as sad as it may be

- - - Updated - - -

honestly if they just gave us the option to xmog a one hander into a polearm i would be thrilled lol

As cool as this would be I can't see them doing it without just making all prot warriors able to use a 2h + shield, and I don't think they are going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    would adore being able to use a polearm and shield however I cannot see them doing this as sad as it may be

- - - Updated - - -

honestly if they just gave us the option to xmog a one hander into a polearm i would be thrilled lol

It possibly could be done at least trough transmogs...with a minor glyph that is locked to Gladiator Stance.

It possibly could be done at least trough transmogs...with a minor glyph that is locked to Gladiator Stance.
    Glyph of the Weaponmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Glyph of the Weaponmaster.
    Something like that, but more specific and permanent.

or they could you know introduce new weapons types like
    1h range weapons.
    Flail
    1h polearms/javelins
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

i really want to this this talent out, it has great potential for some prot pvp
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Or you can just load up Diablo 3 and play a Crusader - they can do 2H/shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    or they could you know introduce new weapons types like
    1h range weapons.
    Flail
    1h polearms/javelins
    It feels like you're pulling too much from diablo.

-1h Range weapons would be pointless to add because only hunters would benefit. Even if they added a new class that might use them, they still wouldn't be worth it simply because they'd be restricted to those 2 classes and needlessly add to loot table bloat. Going forward, if they do add a new weapon type, it would probably be best to make it something most of the classes could use.

-Flails wouldn't be worth the development time to implement because of the coding/animation required.

-As for polearms, I don't think it would be too big of a deal to allow players to transmog 1handers into them. I'd love to see them loosen up the restrictions on weapon transmogs a bit more all around (1h->2h), though it's super unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    Or you can just load up Diablo 3 and play a Crusader - they can do 2H/shield.
    It's not the same. Completely different games.

Just play Fury with Shield if you want such gameplay. Gladiator Stance will already make a lot of people happy who want to A) DPS and B) use 1h+Shield. It's an unique gameplay style that hasn't been in the game ever(at least in an iteration that is viable at top raiding level).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post

-1h Range weapons would be pointless to add because only hunters would benefit. Even if they added a new class that might use them, they still wouldn't be worth it simply because they'd be restricted to those 2 classes and needlessly add to loot table bloat. Going forward, if they do add a new weapon type, it would probably be best to make it something most of the classes could use.

-Flails wouldn't be worth the development time to implement because of the coding/animation required.

-As for polearms, I don't think it would be too big of a deal to allow players to transmog 1handers into them. I'd love to see them loosen up the restrictions on weapon transmogs a bit more all around (1h->2h), though it's super unlikely.

It's not the same. Completely different games.
    Yeah that is a lot of work for a very small benefit. What really is only an aesthetic benefit because it would be way too complex to start balancing new weapon types around different classes.

Side note: they actually talked about Hunters dual wielding 1h ranged weapons a few times over the course of the game (ala Demon Hunter), but it just never panned out. They are already the only class using a single weapon type (Ranged - with 2 different model variations to boot - Gun/Bow), and it would unnecessarily bloat loot tables.

Diablo can get away with a lot more in terms of varied drops because of the nature of the game. Just about anything can drop anywhere and the game honestly isn't nearly as balanced in terms of who can use what/how good it is, as WoW is.

1h Spears might be cool but it would also take a lot of work, since the animations don't really fit quite right with a Shield (I imagine in this perfect world scenario you'd want synergistic spear thrusts vice the mostly chops and swings we have no), and again; not a lot of benefit. I really don't see Rogues or Shamans using Spears. Maybe DK.

For now, be happy with Glad Stance and if you really can't live without a specific look there are ways out there to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post

1h range weapons already exist in WoW they are just counted as 2h. INT PLATE so dont give me that crap. 1 class uses int plate.

not worth it? bullcrap.

like i said javelins/1h spears.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd like a polearm + shield option, but not 2h sword/axe etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Especially for example a polearm+shield combo?
    I'd rather them create a new weapon type. Spear. Spears would be 1 handed akin to in Diablo 3 (which also have 2hand polearms) it'd give us the awesome concept of a spear/polearm and shield without as much balancing needed to make it fit.

1h range weapons already exist in WoW they are just counted as 2h. INT PLATE so dont give me that crap. 1 class uses int plate.

not worth it? bullcrap.

like i said javelins/1h spears.
    But they don't. Bows and Guns are 2h not 1h. I can't think of any other 1h ranged weapons since all the throwing weapons have been removed from the game. Int plate will be a thing of the past in WoD with the dynamic stats on items and int plate is one of the biggest reasons for such a system.

It isn't a matter of whether or not they could add 1h spears to the game, its a matter of whether or not it is worth it.
    They have no real niche, other than aesthetics. Sure it may look neat but that really isn't a big enough reason to justify going through all that work to put them in the game, animate them, give them itemization, add them to loot tables, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithistormer View Post
    I'd rather them create a new weapon type. Spear. Spears would be 1 handed akin to in Diablo 3 (which also have 2hand polearms) it'd give us the awesome concept of a spear/polearm and shield without as much balancing needed to make it fit.
    But who would use them? Warriors are ok, Monks I could see, maybe DKs. I really do not see Rogues or Shamans using them. Sure they could, but then Shamans could use Swords too. They don't because it doesn't fit their lore. I don't see Blizzards stance on that sort of thing changing just so a small minority could have a more aesthetically pleasing weapon in their hand.
    We really dont need another niche weapon type. Hunters are already bad enough although of course there is no easy fix there, without adding another ranged weapon type class (which would just be redundant imo). Fist weapons are another that is pretty niche and a reason we don't see them drop in raids much anymore. Wasting loot drops on items only one or two classes can use isn't fun for many groups. Games like Diablo don't have this problem.

That said, polarms as a whole are pretty outdated in this game and fairly niche, so maybe the whole weapon class needs to be scrapped or redone? Many Monk and Feral druid weapons are already rolled into the staff class.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    But they don't. Bows and Guns are 2h not 1h. I can't think of any other 1h ranged weapons since all the throwing weapons have been removed from the game. Int plate will be a thing of the past in WoD with the dynamic stats on items and int plate is one of the biggest reasons for such a system.

It isn't a matter of whether or not they could add 1h spears to the game, its a matter of whether or not it is worth it.
    They have no real niche, other than aesthetics. Sure it may look neat but that really isn't a big enough reason to justify going through all that work to put them in the game, animate them, give them itemization, add them to loot tables, etc.

i said the look of. there are guns that look like pistols that are treated as 2h but could be 1h.

int plate is still int plate. a holy paladin wearing plate will have int on it. its still int plate.

i said the look of. there are guns that look like pistols that are treated as 2h but could be 1h.

int plate is still int plate. a holy paladin wearing plate will have int on it. its still int plate.
    But when a Warrior equips it, it becomes Str plate. It isn't the same thing as creating a whole new item that takes up space on a loot table. Right now, we have 3 different types of plate: Int, Tank and DPS, so we need 3 different items and at least 3 different spots on a loot table, in WoD we only need 1. It allows for more variation and less bloat.
    Same thing for your 1h-2h ranged weapons. The look is kind of irrelevant because I'm talking about a deeper design concern, actually putting it in the game, not just animation. You start separating 1h and 2h ranged weapons, now you have a design concern. Which is better this tier and how do we balance them *cough*SMFvsTG*cough*? Do we have enough ways to allow players to actually get two ranged weapons if they swap over? Even if 2h ranged is better this tier, are there still 1h ranged weapons available for the people who want them? See how it snowballs?

Now if they were to add say a couple 1h spears that could xmogged that weren't actual raid drops (dark moon faire type vanity items, etc) I could see that going over a lot better. Kind of a stop gap and I am not sure how well that would work, since they don't like letting you xmog items with different animations; but it could be an easier step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooh, a Nepehene transmog wouldn't be bad. However I'm looking forward to my Molten Giant transmog provided Blizzard continues to make fist weapons considering how many classes can use them and that Primary Stats will dynamically change based on spec, something I somehow failed to consider when I first thought of a Molten Giant transmog.