588 assurance and fire ele glyph

With the 9 extra ilevels coming in it's going to mean about an extra 4% cooldown refresh rate, bringing fire ele with glyph down to about 96 seconds

EM being on a 90 second cd will this mean fire ele glyph is going to be mandatory now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking that as well.
    This might be the case, especially considering that 54% CDR (I have HWF AoC as well) will bring ascendance almost in line with the 2nd EM too, allowing a 2nd "full burst" of CD's.

With the glyph, you'll have to sacrifice uptime on your earth elemental's summon (if talented into primal elementalist), because having both of them up simultaneously will cause them to sizzle out.

Depending on fight length, the glyph will offer less total fire elemental uptime (it can only offer equal or less uptime, never greater).

With the glyph, the fire elemental will generally have less overlap with the AoC's agility trinket proc (32 sec of overlap in the first 7.5 mins (glyphed) vs. 40 sec of overlap over the same time period (unglyphed)).

Unclear whether any of that is worth the tradeoff for extra EM uptime on your fire elemental, especially #2, which is a pretty big swing and is entirely dependent upon fight length.

edit: Somewhat related to the topic, but one nice thing about 588 AoC is that it better aligns ascendance's cooldown with the ICD of AoC's agility proc.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2014-05-20 at 07:56 PM.

i dont see how you have to sacrifice earth eles uptime?

fire ele lasts 30 seconds and the cd will be 96 seconds which means you have 6 seconds gap

Well depending on the fight it CAN offer higher uptime if your phases do not last 1 minute long.

8 seconds of AoC overlap compared to pretty much every fire ele getting EM buffed, I would say it would be better with glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i dont see how you have to sacrifice earth eles uptime?
    You can't summon earth ele until 60 sec after summoning the fire ele. For whatever reason AoC only reduces the c/d earth ele puts on fire ele, not the other way around.

Ahh i see, but I think earth ele is like less than 2% of your damage, I guess it would be close.

Specced into EM/PE, your GFET hits like a truck when synced with EM (even blizz said they want to tone the GFET damage down). My priority is to use EM with GFET whenever I can without too much wait time. I can normally sync them every other time. Using EM 2x for to every 1 GFET. But know with the 4/4 upgrade I can't see how it could not be better to have your GFET buffed everytime with EM. Again we would normally wait a lil bit anyway (even before the 4/4 upgrade) to get them to hit together. Now with the glyph its easy enough to sync them every time. And with the lack of patchwerk fights, I would think this has to be a dps increase. Just me initial thoughts.