Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    How do you zerg a solo instance? O.o

From a post on the official forums, players took anywhere from 20 to 300 attempts. Most players could not beat it at all.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../6#post2761864
    I can't find the video anymore, but I'm pretty sure I linked it in the other crown pavilion thread last year. Warrior killed her in less then 20 seconds once phase 2 started.

Players making content purposely harder on themselves does not mean the content is hard.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the definition of zerg is "To attack an opponent with a large swarm of units before they have been able to build sufficient defences."

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/zerg

I just don't see how you can call one player a zerg now, unless you are somehow trying to change the meaning of zerg from tons of players attacking something to one player doing a lot of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited original post to include Splash page and patch notes:

Splash page: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...s/may-20-2014/
    Patch notes: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...es-May-20-2014
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-05-20 at 06:58 PM.
    Valar morghulis

People don't know the difference between zerK and zerG that's all.

Pavillion wasn't hard, I did the 5enemy achi without taking the "additional foe" and instead took the "hit like wet noodles" which ppl thought was close to impossible.

Liadri took a lot of attempts not due to the difficulty, rng/lag were the hurdles and not the fight itself.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Phoenix Weapons look nice. I am curious about this Flying Dolyak Race.

Also, if services are returning to LA, I'd like LA to not be in the megaserver list. LA was always full as is and I don't want to be sitting in LA with the people I'm fighting in WvWvW. Kind of odd. Plus, the chat would be terrible.*

Our server does a internet radio show on weekends that gives out prizes for participating. It's been harder to do with Gendarren Fields. Be nice if they could get back into LA and do the show normally again.

edit:

Precision Adept Trait 5: This trait has been moved from Bloodtide Coast map completion to the defeat of Sharky the Destroyer in Arca Lake of the Harathi Hinterlands.
    Precision Adept Trait 6: This trait has been moved from Fireheart Rise map completion to the defeat of Captain Jayne in the Brigantine Isles of Gendarran Fields.
    Toughness Adept Trait 6: This trait has been moved from Iron Marches map completion to the defeat of the giant blood ooze in the Challdar Gorges of Bloodtide Coast.
    Vitality Adept Trait 5: This trait has been moved from Timberline Falls map completion to the defeat of Gargantula, the spider broodmother in the Wynchona Woods of Harathi Hinterlands.
    Vitality Adept Trait 6: This trait has been moved from Mount Maelstrom map completion to the defeat of the krait witch of Nonmoa Lake in Timberline Falls.
    Profession Adept Trait 5: This trait has been moved from Sparkfly Fen map completion to the defeat of the Champion Ice Wurm at Venison Pass in Lornar’s Pass.
    Profession Adept Trait 6: This trait has been moved from Frostgorge Sound map completion to the defeat of Lord Ignius the Eternal of Lornar’s Pass.
    Profession Adept Trait 13: This trait is now awarded upon preventing the statue of Lyssa from being retaken by the Risen, as well as defeating the corrupted high priestess of Lyssa.
    trait system changes
    Last edited by zed zebes; 2014-05-20 at 07:24 PM.

Oh lol, their new anti-zerg mechanic is hilarious
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

looks like they killed the queensdale train

Heh, good riddance to the Queensdale Champ train...

Queensdale are among the many champions in starter zones being reworked.

"Many champion events in the starter maps have been converted into veterans. This change is being made to ensure new players focus on learning the core game experience. The following events are affected:

Plains of Ashford
    Defeat the Flame Legion Shaman.
    Defeat the Ascalonian soldier, Ivor Trueshot.
    Defeat the Ascalonian soldier, Armsman Pitney.
    Defeat the Ascalonian soldier, Farrah Cappo.
    Defeat the Ascalonian soldier, Horace.
    Defeat the disturbed shade of Grazden the Protector.
    Caledon Forest
    Locate and kill the transformed krait witch.
    Defeat the Risen monstrosity.
    Defeat the krait neoss that’s strengthening Slaver’s Deeps.
    Defeat the jungle troll champion.
    Metrica Province
    Defeat the giant ooze at Doctor Bleent’s camp.
    Defeat the Imbued Mark I Golem.
    Defeat the enlarged Inquest agent.
    Defeat the champion spider queen near the Muridian Uplands.
    Defeat the champion troll near the Luminates Plant.
    Queensdale
    Destroy the wasp queen.
    Eliminate the bandit lieutenant.
    Slay the enraged champion cave troll.
    Hunt and slay the giant boar.
    Liberate Shaemoor Garrison. (Removed a champion Tamini chieftain that spawned at certain scaling.)
    (Converted the elite forest spider in the Queen’s Forest to veteran.)"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Oh lol, their new anti-zerg mechanic is hilarious
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty damn funny when I did it the first time.

The transformed Krait Witch was one of the more punishing Champs in the game. I'll miss that old hag.

Finally it is dead. Maybe Orr and southsun could add more champion love.

Deleted
    I like the new datamined stuff. The Chaos of Lyssa and I looooove the Ancestral outfit!!! I really want to know how I get my hands on this thing =D

(I am guessing gemstore)

Also saw that quite a few of the trait unlocks were moved from Orr to more accessible maps for lower level characters. Nice change as well for people who couldn't get them since the temples were usually completed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I like the new datamined stuff. The Chaos of Lyssa and I looooove the Ancestral outfit!!! I really want to know how I get my hands on this thing =D

(I am guessing gemstore)
    Yeah, since my character is Canthan looking, that Ancestral outfit would be perfect for her...

Deleted
    And and I love how simple it is and elegant. Not skimpy, or just ugly.

Finally some cute Asura faces, although the male(?) ones look identical to the female ones. The rest are kind of meh, though I do like that one male charr.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    shame its not light armor though

and ive never liked the zephyr event i always feel lost on what to do plus the pavillion was rather lackluster.. a gold medal only gave me 20 tokens which seems rather pathetic after my guildies were saying theyve been getting 30 - 80 from the races

wheres the datamined stuff

New Pavillion boss mechanics are a big step up. The Ogre boss was murdering folks. I liked his mechanic as well. What made it really suck is that they killed the Centaur boss first, so Centaurs kept tramping through the Ogre boss fight.

New Pavillon has weaker rewards and harder fights. Come on Anet! You're getting close to risk/reward.

only fought one of the bosses, boom boom baines, took forever to kill

Fought 5/6 Bosses.

Ogre Boss: Summons a flock of hawks that circle around him. The hawks all have retal boon, so AOEing or shooting through them will kill you. Ogre boss himself has a small amount of HP. You have to take bird seed from the nearby birdseed bags and throw it to the side of the boss to drag the Hawks away and then hit the Ogre. Ogre boss does a quick directional AOE that hits like a truck. You must avoid it immediately as there is minimal delay.

Boom-Boom: Throws AOEs and drops healing turrets. Gotta kill the healing turret and keep poison up on Boom Boom.

Fire Charr Boss: Uses flamethrower and also teleport/bombs to different platforms. He also puts up a fire shield. The teleport/explosion will likely instant kill you and nullify a platform. Tends to not do it on small platforms of rock, so best to hop onto those. The Fire Shield can be bypass with AoEs and beam attacks.

Pyroxis: Was enraged when I fought it. Just did some AoEs and was immune to burning. Not sure if there was something more I missed because it had an enrage timer.

Wiggins: Simple AoE patterns of cross and X shapes. Moves around a bit. At 25%, he shouts something and then unleashes a ton of AoEs all over.

So the title is not awarded retroactively to those who defeated Liadri last year. :/

Can't be bothered doing it again tbh.