Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No. PvP gear is being made better again, like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Personally, I think Mythic gear should always have a slight edge over conquest gear in a pvp open world situation. Mythic gear actually requires effort to obtain and RP wise a player's character that has defeated the toughest version of a lore boss should be more powerful than a freelance gladiator. And this is coming from someone who has never ever raided after playing this game for 6 years.
    That might have been the initial idea of Blizzard... You raid, you get the best gear, you are the best. Raiding was a very strict activity back in Vanilla, after all.

However, Blizzard probably realized that was a desing that alienated too much people... The best people in PvE would also be the best in PP, save some exceptions. The time demanded by this is incredible... To be competitive in PvP, you have to be the ultimate raider, and that requires many hours of gameplay in a week. Not to say many people who care about PvP don't like PvE, and these would be the people who would invest the most time in PvP activities.

Seeing how popular the World battles became, how fast those tales about Southshore-Tarren Mill battles ran the Internet, how many people this brought into World of Warcraft... That may be when Blizzard decided it would be better separating PvE from PvP. Or at least, allowing the best PvPer to be someone who doesn't raid.

Ironically, WoW is essentially a PVE game, but a large chunk of its popularity came from the Alliance-Horde wars, the PvP side. You don't simply allienate these people, allowing only the PvE people to be the best.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    To be entirely honest, a Mythic level raider will still likely drop a big dookey all over the guy who runs 2's to cap and wins 1/3 of the games he enters.
    I'm far from a Glad level PvP'er but honestly, 1v1 open world the only time this whole expac I've felt just completely trounced was on Timeless Isle, when people are running around with 15 percent reduction buff or 15 percent increased damage or 25 percent secondary boost, plus 5-10 percent stat boost food and then heroic gear. That crap felt like it was turning some Warlocks into raid bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?