Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly, don't even bother upgrading your gear, since this is the worst and laziest attempt by Blizzard to drag out stale content even further. I'm not paying them more money for this bullpoop.

It's also a sure sign that the expansion is quite awhile away.

Why waste months getting +8 on all your items when it will be replaced very quickly after the expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    Honestly, don't even bother upgrading your gear, since this is the worst and laziest attempt by Blizzard to drag out stale content even further. I'm not paying them more money for this bullpoop.

Why waste months getting +8 on all your items when it will be replaced very quickly after the expansion?
    Well the majority of guilds are actually still progressing, they will welcome this change.

Deleted
    So savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    Why are people saying it's a ravager mount Oo, it's using a silithid mount skeleton with new texture on top that's all

People are saying it because this is a pre-corruption ravager mount. Just because it has a different physiology doesn't mean it can't be a ravager. This was from before the corruption that altered their species and made them degrade. Look at the current Ravager:

It has spines running across its body. It has four spiked legs, it has the remnants of a/vestigial tail. It has the same kind of jaw, but for the ravager, it is fused as a result of evolution. Etc. (I am sort of disappointed that these don't have a ravager jaw, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrotha View Post
    Blizzard, the model-recycling kings. Who sees the Qiraj Battle Tank mount in it?

Please, new models! You have enough money so make use of it. Instead of reskinning the skin of a reskinned model. Skinners!

Making a new skeleton for a creature that is supposed to move the same way as the Qiraji? What a waste of resources. A model is the second most intensive job. A model isn't a skin. A skin is a texture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fucking great. Now I need 14k valor, with only 3k initial buffer and after that I can grind only 1k per week... Fucking 11 weeks before all my gear is upgraded again :/
    Yeah, I know. It sucks.
    But it's only 7.5K (8K with 1H weapon) valor for everything, since you can only upgrade an additional 2x.
    That's effectively: 4K in the first week, + 3.5 (4) Weeks after that.

Main problem I see: pumping up the item level further (esp Immerseus trinket) will further aggravate the shitty situation concerning hit rating. >.<

People are actually complaining that they might need to upgrade their gear a bit again? Really? I thought everyone liked being more powerful.

Okay then. Continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    People are actually complaining that they might need to upgrade their gear a bit again? Really? I thought everyone liked being more powerful.

Okay then. Continue.
    Like being more powerful, but always disliked having to cap valor, because it essentially compels me to do content I don't give a damn about, since you cannot cap via raiding.

Band-aid!
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah, I know. It sucks.
    But it's only 7.5K (8K with 1H weapon) valor for everything, since you can only upgrade an additional 2x.
    That's effectively: 4K in the first week, + 3.5 (4) Weeks after that.

Main problem I see: pumping up the item level further (esp Immerseus trinket) will further aggravate the shitty situation concerning hit rating. >.<
    7.5K Valor per gear set.

I am a druid. I have seperate sets for Restoration and Balance.

FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    Why are people saying it's a ravager mount Oo, it's using a silithid mount skeleton with new texture on top that's all
    You are only partially right, the model itself is 100% new, the textures are 100% new, the animations will be likely tweaked. Yes it uses the same skeleton/rigging probably with some new enhancements to it. What is your point?

Any predictions on when the patch will go live based on former patches that have been as "big"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    7.5K Valor per gear set.

I am a druid. I have seperate sets for Restoration and Balance.

FML.
    Eeew ..>.<
    I'm glad that I'm not that hardcore.
    Besides: our 25man is on a break anyway due to attendance issues / relative content clear. Maybe, if I'm lucky I can relax bis 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post

I have been sitting on 3K VP for a while now with nothing to spend it on. I would just as soon upgrade my gear as to continue to sit on it and get 50 silver for it when WoD drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Any predictions on when the patch will go live based on former patches that have been as "big"?
    i would assume it will be out close to june 1 since wildstar is coming out then so i wouldnt expect it to take more then 2-3 resets to go live .

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    8 more item levels for AoC. Seems like I gotta stay Combat...

This is basically their method of keeping the people playing through "Wildstar-period" (that's what I call the time between now and the date 6.0 /WoD hits).
    Won't just be a Wildstar period. Wildstar already has an enormous fanbase and the beta-play, raids and pvp are all beautifully done. It will keep the people that switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Might as well upgrade my OS gear, I have all this valor just sitting here"

Nope.. thanks blizz

Please be at least 2 weeks away <#

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    No beta, but more mounts in store. It's a wonderful way for Blizzard now to run its business. In the other hand, to upgrade gear for another 8-level is quite a way to consume valor points as well as gating the progress (with limited cap per week), however, still want to ask, does that really contribute to make the game a better experience or it's just buying some time for cheap cost. Blizzard is so low now, to debase itself to a time-consuming level, the end-game of MoP is so menial and I could't think of any worse.
    That's because it's too early for a WoD beta.

This is load of bull crap. The Asian servers had 4 levels of upgrades for their items a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNicotine View Post
    That's because it's too early for a WoD beta.
    Not so true, MoP beta was what? 6 months? 6 months from now is November, 1 month before the "on or before December 20"
    And I for one hope it doesn't come out around the christmas period, it's notoriously bad for progression due to attendance

Now is a realistic time for the beta to come out

Oh boy yet another cool mount that will cost dollars instead of gold and in-game effort.