Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I often come across people who express the sentiment "Fuck the Horde". I don't care. It's a game.

There are bad guys in the Alliance. There are bad guys in the Horde. There is no good side or bad side.
    With the Alliance - you have bad guys in a good faction.
    With the Horde - you have good guys in a bad faction

EJL

I see this thread going places..

Oh, wait. This is MMO-C. None of the threads go anywhere.

Carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's honestly nothing wrong with it. Warcraft is a game built around a war between two factions. You can almost compare those factions to sports teams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I see this thread going places..

Oh, wait. This is MMO-C. None of the threads go anywhere.

Carry on.
    Eh, its the internet.

Seriously thought, I was more making a point about lore rather than anything. I guess my biggest gripe is with WoW's writers, who I always get the impression are more interested in the Horde. Thrall being green jesus, having two expansions in a row where Orcs were the main characters, etc. Then again you could argue that Wrath was kind of an Alliance centric expansion, but then again we had green jesus turning up a lot in Cataclysm. I dunno. The big point I wanted to make is the framing for the Horde always seems off, they get away with a lot worse stuff than the Alliance but Blizzard portrays it like the Alliance and Horde are as good/bad as each other.

I guess in a game where the main gameplay mechanic is based around splitting the players into two factions, some rivalry is always good.

Deleted
    It's a byproduct of Blizzard un/intended favorism and few incidents that happened too many times. One being that memorable Corpsegrinder trash talk on Blizzcon that quite frankly served absolutely no purpose but to raise a shitstorm of "I'm offended" "It's just a game!". The only thing it has on community was making some Horde act all smug about it while some Alliance players question the price of their blizzcon ticket when given such content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    It's a byproduct of Blizzard un/intended favorism and few incidents that happened too many times. One being that memorable Corpsegrinder trash talk on Blizzcon that quite frankly served absolutely no purpose but to raise a shitstorm of "I'm offended" "It's just a game!". The only thing it has on community was making some Horde act all smug about it while some Alliance players question the price of their blizzcon ticket when given such content.
    Is it really that surprising? It's because the Alliance usually gets associated with the west.

I think the Alliance is pretty cool, both aesthetically as well as lore-wise. But as I'm invested in lore and love the faction rivalry aspect of it, I enjoy dissing Alliance as much as sports fans enjoy dissing the opposing team. Horde for life!
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Eh, just some people who take a fictional faction choice too seriously. There are the same kind of people on the Alliance side who hate on Horde players. Just ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people argue over that faction stuff so badly anyway.

I mean, I used to be Alliance for years, now I'm Horde. The only times when I curse the opposite faction is when I suffer an unnecessary loss in a BG. That the opponent is Alliance is secondary. In rBG, I even end up as the blue team sometimes, so... blue, red... doesn't matter. Factions are just for lore purposes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    I finally said fuck the Alliance after being fed up with their vocal players' cooooooooooonstant whining about the smallest of things.
    This, I was Alliance for over 2 years, all my toons were alliance (8) at the time. Tired of all the BS on Alliance servers, I created a Horde character, played it for a few weeks and within a month I switched them all to Horde, never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Well, at least on this forum, Alliance does the majority of the whining.
    people objecting to being called fags who should kill them self by blizzard?
    how shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Well, at least on this forum, Alliance does the majority of the whining.
    It's almost like Alliance have had more to be unhappy about in the last 2 expansions isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I asked for someone (on a level 1 alt) to post some stuff on the neutral AH and I'd buy it for 50g more a pop. This one guy said no simply because he'd be helping an alliance. Some people get so into it...lol
    I was about to go on a date with this boy who really liked me, he was cute so I was like... sure, why not. He asked me on a Tuesday to do something on the weekend, Thursday he wore an Alliance shirt to school... I told him I could never consider dating an Alliance. Kat Kat got priorities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It's almost like Alliance have had more to be unhappy about in the last 2 expansions isn't it?
    Both sides have had a lot to be unhappy about the last 2 expansions but Alliance have been a LOT more vocal.

The sad part is its worked. Warlords looks to be a massive alliance expedition expansion, while the horde gets to kill its ancestors right off the back of slaying half our named NPCs in org.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Both sides have had a lot to be unhappy about the last 2 expansions but Alliance have been a LOT more vocal.

The sad part is its worked. Warlords looks to be a massive alliance expedition expansion, while the horde gets to kill its ancestors right off the back of slaying half our named NPCs in org.
    If you think there's an actual difference between Alliance and Horde player bases in 99% of cases you're deluded.

The only difference is, some people bought the game and thought "ooh those trolls look cool" whilst others said "ooh I like the look of that night elf".

Gotta agree with this.

Deleted
    If you think there's an actual difference between Alliance and Horde player bases in 99% of cases you're deluded.

The only difference is, some people bought the game and thought "ooh those trolls look cool" whilst others said "ooh I like the look of that night elf".
    No I'm just saying that on the forums, Alliance tends to shout the hardest as earlier posters have said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people still play one faction exclusively?!

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm just saying that on the forums, Alliance tends to shout the hardest as earlier posters have said.
    There has been more for players to complain about though.
    The issue is that the threads that often contain a topic related to something Alliance players have been dissatisfied with turn toxic very fast and therefore immediately get a bad rep. This has largely stemmed from the attitude that when somebody raises a point somebody has to immediately post "Stop whining" which right out of the bat incites an argument.

Although if you want my opinion on the story issues over the last 2 expansions I'll give a brief summary. Although I would like to go on record saying MoP was fun on the Alliance side and don't think it was bad, it just wasn't amazing.

The Alliance have suffered from a lack of attention the same way the Horde have suffered from too much attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to this bloody extent it aint. It's actually getting rather pathetic. Note that massive bitchfest recently about Nethergarde Keeps destruction.