Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anecdotal evidence really doesn't mean much, but from any time I've seen any legitimate amount of WoW fans gathered, the Horde fans always seem to be more aggressive, self-aggrandizing, and believe they're the "cooler" of the two factions. I'm not sure why. Its just childish.

Its also the same reason why if Blizzard actually only making one of the bikes in the Azerothian Choppers thing, the Horde would obviously win. They care far too much about fighting to think they've "won" something that doesn't matter to the game whatsoever. Nobody cares if you scream louder than the Alliance fans at Blizzcon. If you like a certain faction lorewise, that's totally fine, but otherwise stop looking like giant tools.

You give the Warcraft community an even worse name by acting like a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Not to this bloody extent it aint. It's actually getting rather pathetic. Note that massive bitchfest recently about Nethergarde Keeps destruction.
    You fail to understand that its a snowball effect.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Wait, people still play one faction exclusively?!
    The really depressing people who totally buy into the faction warfare (that isn't actually faction warfare it's just forced nonsense.)

In all seriousness what did alliance players think would happen when they spent the better part of two expansions bitching about the spotlight.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just faction pride.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Wait, people still play one faction exclusively?!
    Yes! I've tried and tried playing a Horde, eventually I actually had to race change my Gnome Warlock to a Troll just for the Double Agent achievement :P

But I'm Alliance at heart, I think the Orcs are a bit boring haha. Struggled through Rise of the Horde and found the Burning Legion stuff to be what got me through the book.

It all makes me wish I'd rolled on a PvP server with a decent balance, but I knew nothing of this kind of thing back when I started.

I just wish we got some better lore.. it all seems to be about the Humans and half our main content is thematically Horde races or external forces.
    Really wanna see some bad ass Dwarf stuff going on again.

But on topic, I think it comes down to the fact that a lot of players are just a bit TOO into their faction, calling the other names or anything along those lines is ridiculous if meant seriously. I'm all for RP'ing it though I just wish that's all everyone was doing, sadly however...

If you actually have a lot of faction pride I'd imagine you're pretty upset with the canon right now anyways. Genuinely being rude to the other faction's players is just a pretty fedora way of projecting your anger.

Never go full fedora.
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    If you actually have a lot of faction pride I'd imagine you're pretty upset with the canon right now anyways. Genuinely being rude to the other faction's players is just a pretty fedora way of projecting your anger.

Never go full fedora.
    Genuinely buying into the faction "thing" is going full fedora IMO.

I'd be happy as a clam if I could play with both factions in raids and dungeons. Why exactly can't I play a neutral character anyway. smh.

Generally speaking I agree, but I understand why that isn't going to happen, and I understand why some folks do like to pseudo role-play the faction concept. It's when things get personal that I have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I love when people think there's actually major differences in the horde or Alliance community. The alliance whine more currently because they got fucked over more
    This entire thread exists only because people feel like there are major differences between how the horde and alliance communities act...

Not sure what else to say to statements like this. If there wasn't major differences, people wouldn't be so passionate about "fuck the alliance." There are clearly differences.

http://wowpedia.org/Garithos

Just gonna leave this here.

I think there probably is some sort of appeal for certain personalities to go one way or another, it would be wildly complex and difficult to collect respectable data on this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    I think there probably is some sort of appeal for certain personalities to go one way or another, it would be wildly complex and difficult to collect respectable data on this, though.
    There used to be, but honestly I doubt there is now. Both sides seem equally stupid the majority of the time, and the exceptions don't really stand out one way or another.

The difference between either playerbase is minimal at best, people usually just remember the odd ones.

This seems like a strange combination of super serious RP and being a narrowminded jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This seems like a strange combination of super serious RP and being a narrowminded jerk.
    That's kind of what I think as well. I can respect that some people are hardcore RP'ers. But I'd rather RP servers have their own ruleset. And PvE servers allow inter-faction grouping because the 2 faction system became pointless long ago.

so... you state the horde argument that the alliance is racist then proceed to debunk it by labeling several races in the horde as evil.

Blizzard has a large part to blame for this "rivalry" such as it is, for stoking it in the name of "friendly rivalry" and then not taking the appropriate steps to make sure that both side has a roughly equal amount of development. They dropped the ball on this in Cataclysm, but they admitted it and despite grumblings it was more or less benign.

Then Theramore, then Corpsegrinder, and then it went to hell really fast. Any Alliance laying it out how they felt was more or less met with "stop whining" and honestly that's not a good way to discuss things.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    Good thing Im not a homophobic then!
    Friggin phobes man, what are we going to do with em.

Its unfortunate but stereotypes come with a reason
    Alliance...
    Alliance always emotes in bgs/wpvp/just randomly? Check
    Always spawn-camps?(10 minute camps...don't you have something better to do?I just fucking washed the dishes ,came back and you are still camping me? Get a life nerdgin) Check
    Always double/triple teams? Check
    Rolls in FOTM classes and twinks? Check
    Has nasty-arse RPers who are just weirdos...I wouldn't want to meet one irl(probably some overweight McD's worker who has a "hawt human pally avatar")

All a-hole quality of players are marginally larger on alliance. I am not saying horde players are perfect as they have some bad apples but they aren't as bad as this faction.

I personally care 0% about some pixel animated character and its fine if I die once ,twice, thrice, but it surely gets fkin annoying when you are trying to do something and a swarm of 90s come up/you get ganked over and over while leveling(Mind you I don't usually attack etc. Maybe its just the battlegroup I Crz with (Darkspear) but I swear if I see something with a "Darkspear-Alliance" tag on it...it. Is.Going.Down.

No ands, ifs or buts.
    I really have no sympathy for alliance anymore and will always corpse-camp. Always.

only times I've been attacked by Alliance in world PvP are under the following conditions:
    a. When I'm actively engaged fighting a Mob my level or higher
    b. When the attacker is 5-?? levels higher than I am
    c. When there are 3 or more alliance attackers
    d. any combination of the previous 3 conditions

At first I would try and leave players of the opposite faction alone. I would try and be nice.

After I leave them alone they try and gank me. Being fully enchanted I can hold my own 1 vs1....rogue attacked me . I ended up killing him and went along questing... he rezed and tried to kill me again... I won again..then I decided to camp him just to teach him a lesson.

SO, my rule is whenever I see alliance 3 lvls above and below me.. KILL THEM... dont give them the chance to get first blow. DONT BE NICE!!! It always bites you in the ass eventually.

And then he(BEING 3 levels higher and playing an OP rogue, had more life then me etc while I was a 26 cloth mage) called in his ?? buddy...fucking pathetic.
    And then I died and said fuk it. I am not renewing my sub even in WoD.

Do you also want to know why alliance loses most battlegrounds?? Because those mo-efers don't care about playing no objectives! They want to kill, kill and kill. They got that "kill mentality". That's why you lose idiots, so don't complain on forums next time. But topping the scoreboards and farming graveyards , you aren't saying that are you?
    Last edited by xXzCoDProxXz; 2014-05-16 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Blizzard has a large part to blame for this "rivalry" such as it is, for stoking it in the name of "friendly rivalry" and then not taking the appropriate steps to make sure that both side has a roughly equal amount of development. They dropped the ball on this in Cataclysm, but they admitted it and despite grumblings it was more or less benign.

Then Theramore, then Corpsegrinder, and then it went to hell really fast. Any Alliance laying it out how they felt was more or less met with "stop whining" and honestly that's not a good way to discuss things.
    This, and Blizzard still mocks Alliance. The next expansion is only going to add fire to the flames, really. I feel sorry for Alliance, and I don't feel a lot of pity towards the Horde, but this is simply because of the circumstances and the way both sides respond to it. I've more or less stopped caring though at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    This, and Blizzard still mocks Alliance. The next expansion is only going to add fire to the flames, really. I feel sorry for Alliance, and I don't feel a lot of pity towards the Horde, but this is simply because of the circumstances and the way both sides respond to it. I've more or less stopped caring though at this point.
    Eh even if the situations were reversed I doubt I'd care as a horde player.