Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would say, please read the books They explain A lot.

For example: Sylvanas has plenty of reasons of Hating everyone. Her soul was litteraly ripped from her body and she got turned into a banshee after getting frostmourne stabbed straight through her chest, and this was because of the Human Prince Arthas.

The blood elves are not magic addicts, they are simply trying to survive and it was Kael'Thas who went mad, not the Blood elves as a people, ever since getting back the Sunwell they have managed to control their addiction.

Orcs, plenty of reasons to feel sorry for them, they got turned against their peaceful allies the Draenei just because Gul'Dan, apprentice of Ner'Zul was too hungry for power so he sold his people into demon slavery, much like how the Demon races were enslaved.

Goblins are not really based on lore, more based on Gameplay.

Id cover all aspects of the horde but considering im Still at work I think this will suffice as a starter

Kindest Regards
    //Naz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    I finally said fuck the Alliance after being fed up with their vocal players' cooooooooooonstant whining about the smallest of things.
    I also dislike the Alliance due to the player base.

Speaking as a player who's faction changed at least 2 times, I wouldn't go back to the ''blue'' side ever again. Horde players are friendlier and, for me, it always seemed easier to make new friends and have more fun with them. (I also feel that, while raiding hc-progress, Hordies are more open minded and won't imediately jump at someone's throat if they fail during a specific boss-encounter)

I won't say all alliance peeps are bad, just that I personally didn't have the luck to come across too many nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Fuck horde. They're gay losers. Why do you care what they say or think? They exist to be our beating bags, nothing more.

Infracted.
    Not a good idea to say "gay" around here, one of the "super mods" is gay and they infract you quicker than shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Fuck both of them. Tremble before the Scourge.
    how bout the forsaken? I dont think there could be anything cooler than a new third faction under sylvanas

No all alliance scums deserve is to kneel before the might of the horde! Loktar!

No seriously what is wrong with faction? This game was about allliance vs horde since WC1 and it is very rightful thing to accuse other faction.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-05-17 at 05:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually part of the fun.

I remember the blizzcon, when people actually got upset it was pretty pathetic. The fun is to get on eachother like that. Just the other day, I found out someone played Wow, saw my blizzard logo on the back of my shirt, asked "Horde or Alliance" there was a slow and uneasy moment, until he said Alliance, and things were okay.

It's part of the fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    I guess using homophobic slurs is okay by todays standards, lets all start calling people gay or dykes!
    take away a word's meaning and you take away it's power. 99% of people who call things "Gay" aren't homophobes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    Not a good idea to say "gay" around here, one of the "super mods" is gay and they infract you quicker than shit.
    Or maybe just using "gay" as an insult is assbackward and childish.

Deleted
    I play both factions so it's not like I really care much, if I had to choose I'd stick with the Horde. I mean they have trolls! Anyways the Horde vs Alliance rivalry is fun I dunno why people are so extreme about it tho.

I've played both sides and seen this sort of thing on both sides. I think the most common one is:

"[insert faction I don't play here] tends to have more immature/whiny kids, while [insert faction I do play here] tends to have more skilled players. It is a proven fact."

I've seen douchebags on both sides and cool people on both sides, but it doesn't seem to be better or worse either side.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-05-17 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't bother reading 90% of the comments here but i'll say this.

The game people are bitching about is called World of .... ermm.. Ohhh yea.. WARcraft. If people /spit you in a bg then good... get them back for it. Someone interrupts your while gathering professions ? kill them.

As for lore, I can't really comment, Alliance is on one side Horde is on the other. If anything the Alliance and Horde are too close , too many negotiations going on and too much teamwork against greater evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I've played both sides and seen this sort of thing on both sides. I think the most common one is:

"[insert faction I don't play here] tends to have more immature/whiny kids, while [insert faction I do play here] tends to have more skilled players. It is a proven fact."

I've seen douchebags on both sides and cool people on both sides, but it doesn't seem to be better or worse either side.
    I think the pvp stats say a lot about where the more skilled players go - even if people want to pretend the pve ones don't count because of racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Anyone who thinks there is any real difference in players is quite frankly, deluded.

I simply prefer the aesthetics and storyline of Alliance better. Apparently that's enough to make me a lesser human being in some peoples' eyes, but if they're that emotionally invested in a video game, that's not my problem.
    there used to be a difference, now that 50% of the horde population is blood elf, the difference is less so.

Couldn't agree more. Once you get passed the idea of one faction being better than the other, I find that you enjoy the game more. I'm trying to play at least one of each race in the game because I value and respect all of them. They are all part of the game we enjoy, so I might as well experience it from every possible angle.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    there used to be a difference, now that 50% of the horde population is blood elf, the difference is less so.
    30% of horde is Blood elf.
    50% of alliance is human.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Those threads are becoming BORING.
    Aman to that brother

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah all the bull with fuck horde and fuck alliance is nothing more but stupid crap by folks who take the game way to seriously. sure their are times were I'm like what the hell at one or the other but at least I'm not trying or enjoy starting flame wars about factions. I said earlier that the reason I chose tauren's and the horde was because they were that least warlike/asshole race in wow, Thrall and the fact that they were the onces that tried to maintain peace between each other. but now I'm more "Aligned" with the Tauren race itself rather than the horde. but while i have rarely played as allys I regardless if it's lore or RL. I would still rather take the right side rather than being obsessed with sticking with my faction. sometimes I wish there was a third neutral faction cuz i'm getting pretty sick of the crap that happening in both factions, both ingame and in Real life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think the pvp stats say a lot about where the more skilled players go - even if people want to pretend the pve ones don't count because of racials.
    Last i checked a third of PvP players were humans. Thats roughly double, what the general race distribution is.

Racials is pretty much the only valid factor. If racials weren't a thing, most people would probably be Alliance, because there are slightly more of them in general. The best players, be it PvE or PvP will go where they get the best performance. If Human racials are insane for PvP you'd be a human, if you can. When Horde racials are better for your PvE progression and you are a serious contender you'd raid on Horde side (as enough topend raiding guilds have shown).

Horde always had more pride, mostly by blizzard themselves. They've never had massive pride for alliance. It's always been FOR THE HORDE!!! THRALL!!!! and nothing is every done or said about alliance. Love it or hate it, horde has had more lore development in the game then alliance. Thrall has had more attention then any other character in the entire history of warcraft. The next expansion is another horde expansion. Look at all the info, look at the name, warlords of draenor isn't a term for draenei that's for damn sure. Most alliance leaders have sat around doing nothing for eternity, like the night elves. Other leaders have had things happen but in the sidelines in books, like the tauren and the dwarves equal in that aspect. However Alliance has had more leaders completely non-existent then horde both gnomes and night elves have had literally zero attention in game. You wonder why alliance has no pride, it's because alliance are treated as joke races and a beginner faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    This entire thread exists only because people feel like there are major differences between how the horde and alliance communities act...

Not sure what else to say to statements like this. If there wasn't major differences, people wouldn't be so passionate about "fuck the alliance." There are clearly differences.
    It's people getting too attached to their own faction emotionally and being unable to look at things objectively.

There's no real difference in either faction past one set of people thought a troll looked nicer than a gnome.

The same way there isn't an actual difference between your average orc player and average troll player, people just buy into stereotypes that get reinforced through people in game and on forums.

From a lore perspective, yea the Horde doesn't really have such a great record. The only respectable races in the horde anymore are the blood hoof tauren and darkspear trolls.

The blood elves were used in the alliance, yet now allow themselves to be used in the horde. Also the blood elf defection from the alliance is rooted in the corruption of Garithos by the dreadlord Balnazzar. At best the Belfs are mis-guided, yet in their pride pledge loyalty to the horde to save face. Hell, they've been duped by the Legion twice through Balnazzar and through Kil'jaeden, resulting in grievious losses, corruption and ultimately the death of Prince Kael'thas. They would have lost the Sun Well too if Velen hadn't cleansed it for them.

The orcs, the drama queens of Warcraft, were on the path to redemption, and then they weren't (Garrosh). They use the fact that they were systematically persecuted and punished as criminals of war (which they were) and demonic tainted savages (which they are) as an excuse to wage war on the Alliance which has every right to hate them and purge them from a world they don't belong to. Do they have a right to exist? Sure, just not on Azeroth. The Orcs under Thrall were my favorite race in WC3, yet time and again they've failed me. However, it wouldn't be Warcraft without them!

Similarly, the undead- remnant aftermath of the third war. Tragic, yet still evil in purpose. It's hard to take up a moral side for them because you simultaneously know these were of those who died to the Legion and Scourge in the third war, souls which should have been put to rest. They deserve pity, but not when they want to eat your face.

Goblins, self destructive, corrupt and obscene. But so fun because they're that way. Kinda like slugs.

The common thread of these races, with exception to the Tauren and Trolls is willingness to commit betrayal on behalf of sovereignty and pride. They're tainted by their acts of false contrition in order to obtain greater power, even to the point of betraying their own allies and putting each others factions at risk, in addition to an unwinnable fruitless war with the Alliance who has every right to reject them.

TL;DR, Horde has rightly and steadily so become the 'because fuck it' faction. I really wish them well, I just wish they would redeem themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's just a bit of friendly rivalry. Maybe being an Englishman toughened me up to this sort of banter a bit but I really don't bat an eyelid.

Thats the way I look at it too--Kind of like sports teams. There will always be a 'screw this team in particular!' guy, its just for fun and no big deal x) Like on that azeroth choppers how when someone wearing a dif color shirt wanders into the 'wrong' part of the room he gets called a traitor and told to get out rofls
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.