Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's the best spec atm?

I just boosted a hunter to 90 to make my main for WoD and was wondering in what order is the best spec atm, i'm playing BM because I have no gear but what is the best specs at any ilvl?

Deleted
    Just don't play marksmanship and you are golden.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of threads in this subsection of the forum that answers this. Clicking on "Search Forum" in the top right is fun and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Plenty of threads in this subsection of the forum that answers this. Clicking on "Search Forum" in the top right is fun and exciting.
    being an asshole must be fun and exciting too

BM is better at the top gear levels, not sure how it is at the low ones but I would think that they are fairly even, but as long as you are not pushing for absolute top dps, you can easily play both.

I do prefer BM over survival though in their current states, survivals damage is very random with 4piece T16 compared to BM, which is extremely consistent in its damage output.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    being an asshole must be fun and exciting too
    Woah there, calm down. He was in no way an asshole. What spec is best is probably the most asked question regarding any class. There's even a thread on page ONE in this subforum asking about sv or bm at their ilvl.. Plenty of relevant info for you there.

At the moment it just seems like you boosted a 90 hunter, went straight here and made a thread about spec. No research or anything done on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    Woah there, calm down. He was in no way an asshole. What spec is best is probably the most asked question regarding any class. There's even a thread on page ONE in this subforum asking about sv or bm at their ilvl.. Plenty of relevant info for you there.

At the moment it just seems like you boosted a 90 hunter, went straight here and made a thread about spec. No research or anything done on your part.
    He was an asshole, maybe you didn't read what he said but you probably should. I was asking a question to people I don't have to search to ask a question if I don't want to.

Whatever spec you can play better (that isn't MM).

10+ Year Old Account
    He was an asshole, maybe you didn't read what he said but you probably should. I was asking a question to people I don't have to search to ask a question if I don't want to.

I did read what he said. This is not a thread that should be made everytime someone boosted a 90.
    Put some effort into finding out, as this is discussed a thousands times before, with relevant info all over the place. As I said, there is even the same thread on page one of this subforum.

It makes you look lazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    Kinda like most boosted 90 players :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

No he isn't. Your asking people to spend a few minutes telling you an answer that would have taken you literally seconds to search for. It makes you appear childish, regardless of whether you actually are aren't.

On topic, SV and BM are so close that player skill will make a bigger impact than spec choice. MM isn't that far behind either. Because you are asking this question, I can assume you aren't skilled in hunter ways, therefore play which ever class you enjoy most.
    Last edited by webwierdo; 2014-05-14 at 06:14 AM.

Maybe you should just calm the hell down and do some damn research yourself instead of asking others to play your class for you. Fuck, figuring things out on your own are half the fun in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by webwierdo View Post
    No he isn't.
    On topic, SV and BM are so close that player skill will make a bigger impact than class choice. Because you are asking this question, I can assume you aren't, therefore play which ever class you enjoy most.
    Oh god you better get ready for him to say you are being an asshole next, because god forbid you tell someone that they are not skilled on a class they never play in hopes they will try to do or get better.

Quote Originally Posted by webwierdo View Post
    No he isn't. Your asking people to spend a few minutes telling you an answer that would have taken you literally seconds to search for. It makes you appear childish, regardless of whether you actually are aren't.

On topic, SV and BM are so close that player skill will make a bigger impact than spec choice. MM isn't that far behind either. Because you are asking this question, I can assume you aren't skilled in hunter ways, therefore play which ever class you enjoy most.
    Woah haven't played hunter for a tier so I ask a question and get all these white knights defending some dude, good to see this forum hasn't changed at all.

Woah haven't played hunter for a tier so I ask a question and get all these white knights defending some dude, good to see this forum hasn't changed at all.
    Not exactly white knights. There's -so- many ways to find out what spec does the most damage. Literally hundreds. Ranks, raidbots, simcraft, just looking at a few of the top guild's hunters. As other people have said there's loads of threads discussing this here. If you're going to be lazy, why can't he give a lazy response?

Deleted
    He's not actually lazy. He assumed he was lazy, but going to the forum, opening a new thread and defend his actions involved more effort up to this point.

So ... to use the initial response: open your eyes and read at least the thread titles on the first page. Or just read the answers you got and be thankful for it.

Lol you guys.

Beast Mastery is better with "good" gear (as early as 560 iLvl but it depends on more specific things than iLvls) for single-target, and pretty much always better for any cleave/AoE. Glurp is kinda right in that whatever spec you play better you will do better with, but on the other hand the specs aren't completely different (they're all about hitting stuff on cooldown), so if you wanna become the best you can be, I'd always stick to what can do more damage and learning it to max potential.

Survival will do pretty good damage as well and will be much easier to handle in that regard, though, especially with T16 4piece.

TL;DR: If you have to ask, just play Survival and play BM if you wanna tryhard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-read what you just said.
    Hypocrit.

Well this thread got derailed quickly ... OP, use the 'search' function or am I being an asshole too?
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Guys, I am collecting the wood for when we have to burn Huskar00 on the stake, somebody remember to bring matches, else we'll all be embaressed.

ElitistJerks moderation suddenly makes sense.