Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopefully there's never a blanket nerf again as long as this game exists.

Deleted
    I like the idea. It's increasing your character performance everywhere (short of PVP areas such as BGs and arenas), not only inside one instance.
    I can kill shit faster now. Any shit. Even those pesky TI elites with 7 million HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    You've been doing siege since October and people still need gear? what? In fact taking a quick glance at your guild's armory, most of your main raiders hardly need anything. Calling bullshit.
    The bits that are going spare maybe. How many people are BiS though? How many people are BiS in 4 specs?

There's plenty of people in the world that still need loot from Immerseus for their man spec.

Don't forget that you've gotta get at least 10 warforged items.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Hopefully there's never a blanket nerf again as long as this game exists.
    I agree. People also need to recognize this is a more fun option NOT a more convenient option. It's more fun to make your character stronger than garrosh arbitrarily weaker. A blanket nerf is the most effective method and is boring.

Deleted
    You've been doing siege since October and people still need gear? what? In fact taking a quick glance at your guild's armory, most of your main raiders hardly need anything. Calling bullshit.
    Yes? Because of roster-changes and raidgroup broke up in middle of progress.

We merged with another guild recently that were all ~575 at the merge.
    Again making assumptions without having a clue, looking stupid.

Feel free to pm me if you wanna argue further, instead of derailing the thread.

This is such a good idea. I am all for more upgrades to my items. Nerfing SoO does nothing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    No, you playing all 4 (lol) specs on your druid is your own choice, do you even realize how stupid that sounds?

Please think before you decide make a thread next time.
    This! You choose to play all 4 specs, so accept that it'll take you roughly 4x as long to get properly geared. If your guild lacks that much diversity, recruit.

If you're complaining that stuff is too hard for your gear, then get better or stick to 1 spec. Blizzard should not lower their standards to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. If you want easier nerfed content, run flex or wipefinder.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2014-05-14 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's still not a nerf. I find the idea silly that it's a *nerf*.
    That's true, but really a matter of semantics. Yes, its not technically a nerf, but the encounters are easier because of it. Call it a nerf, call it increasing player power, call it whatever, the relevant part of any of it is that they are implementing something that will directly impact the difficulty of the current raid tier.

Deleted
    I kinda welcome this on my main who has been bis for months now, fun to increase power when capped

For alts tho, getting a new item means i have to spend 1k valor to fully upgrade it ? :s
    If so, i think it should be more like 250vp for 2/4 and then 500 to make it 4/4, total 750 vp or even lower, but 1k feels excessive to me
    That or increase weekly cap to 1500

At the end of the day, upgrades ARE NOT MANDATORY. Do you want to experience the content at "release" difficulty. Make a gentleman's agreement not to upgrade.
    It's not a requried change, its not a blanket nerf.
    As someone who is going to benefit - for progression - from the change, I like it. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    Even for people who play two specs, that will take roughly 3.5 months to upgrade. I know pure DPS players who have different gear sets. This also makes all current rankings on worldoflogs / warcraftlogs irrelivant and makes it a pretty unrewarding environment to rank in when every week the next wave of people have an advantage over you. The question is; why are people who've farmed the full instance enough to be BiS and have taken the effort to upgrade gear being punished because other people can't clear the instance?
    How 3.5 months-- 8 items get upgraded the first week of the patch - 6 from the 3k you have stored and 2 from the 1k you earn that week , then 2 each weeks from there -or 1 completely new item .

As to your question - if they have the instance on farm and have bis gear then there is no need for them to upgrade it further. It will be their choice to do so if they want , may save them a few minutes on a full clear ( the therorycrafters have already ran the numbers and its about 40k dps average increase in BiS gear) but that's about all it will do for them
    Last edited by Sul; 2014-05-15 at 03:40 AM.

The whole purpose behind the gear upgrade system over blanket nerfs is an extended grind.

I don't see how getting extra item levels and damage that works all over the mmo is a bad thing. It doesn't make sense to me how so many people are complaining. They could have done nothing, instead they chose to make the whole game easier if you work for it. Quit complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The whole purpose behind the gear upgrade system over blanket nerfs is an extended grind.
    I would think that it is certainly the better option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    How 3.5 months-- 10 items get upgraded the first week of the patch - 8 from the 4k you have stored and 2 from the 1k you earn that week , then 2 each weeks from there -or 1 completely new item
    Cap is 3k, so 4 weeks to cover 16 slots.. However, if you get new items it'll cost 1k, slowing you down considerable.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-05-15 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one said anything about BIS. Proof you really have no clue what you're arguing.
    From the OP:

I play four specs on my druid and have spent months getting all my gear sets upgraded and into a Bis / near BiS state
    Next time, read the posts asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    From a business PoV, the valor upgrades make a lot more sense, because they keep people busy longer than plain SoO nerfs.
    BING BING BING... of course they could nerf SoO 10% all at once. Or they get those people who can't quit to continue chasing the VP carrot for a few weeks/monthsto get the same nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Cap is 3k, so 4 weeks to cover 16 slots.. However, if you get new items it'll cost 1k, slowing you down considerable.
    yeah don't know where I got the 4k from , edited original post , thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    No, you bring maximum bullshit to the raid, because you grab too much gear.
    So grabbing gear that would otherwise be DE'd to benefit your raid in any way possible is a bad thing? Wow...

Item upgrades > flat nerf. Just because people don't want to invest time in getting VP to become stronger, which in turn equates to the content being easier/nerfed, isn't a problem of Blizzard. Nor is it their responsibility who want nerfs without any form of effort, or people who cry that it's too hard for the alts/offspecs.

It also allows the people who are currently BiS/near full BiS have some sort of upgrades in power and something to get, instead of just dealing with weaker content.

This way caters for both audiences in alleviating rates of burnout (albeit slightly when you have a year or so of the same content); the hardcore being able to do something without having zero reward, and the more casual to be able to actually clear the content with relative power. Much better idea than a flat nerf IMO.

Flat nerfs are nearly always terrible, and really happy they've taken the route of making people stronger instead of content weaker this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Edc View Post
    I see people play this card all the fucking time, just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can simply say then don't do it. In order to be competitive in PvE you need to get every edge there is, I agree that this is not that relevant anymore, because any significant group competing for SoO top kills has already done so for quite some time, but that doesn't change the fact that these very groups running heroic raids expect their players to do stuff like capping valor for maximum upgrades regardless of if you like it or not.
    To be honest, only a functionally retarded guild leader would see a raid that has cleared 14/14H consistently for four months and still require their raiders to cap valor and upgrade their items to the new level. These guilds by now are selling runs and probably doing alt runs.

I know the whole argument about rankings, but most players who compete for rankings enjoy doing it, so they should be more than happy to cap each week and upgrade their valor and see what kind of new numbers they can push. I can guarantee that besides aesthetics and making their farm runs easier, this change will have very little impact on the top raiding guilds.