10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He still has a point though, the politics you yourself support, overthrowing foreign governments, funding terrorist organizations etc. made 9/11 possible. If your government does these kinds of things, such an event is bound to happen sooner or later.
    It's even worse than that. The (nonsensical) arguments that (supposedly) justify such "might-makes-right" ultra-nationalism while abdicating any responsibility for the impact of the resulting actions, explicitly justify atrocities like 9/11. According to that twisted (so-called) reasoning, killing a few thousand people while causing vast amounts of other harms is "just business as usual" as long as it "advances the national interest" or some such nonsense. The inevitable 'defense' of such utter garbage is to come up with some farcical reasoning why it's okay when nation A does it to nation B, but verboten for nation B to do something similar to nation A. It's the "logic" of playground bullies, who rage at any suggestion they ought to stop beating up the other kids, but cry even harder when they themselves get beaten up after school while walking home. Civilized human beings (and nation-states) can and should act better than squabbling children.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    In the self-proclaimed "People's Republic of Donetsk" found evidence that spread rumors about the arrest on the eve of the so-called people's mayor Sloviansk Vyacheslav Ponomarev. According to the deputy city council Victoria Patsiory Ponomarev, was arrested on suspicion of embezzling undesignated city treasury.

Currently Ponomarev, as noted by the deputy, is captured by the rebels building management Security Service of Ukraine, which is located in the center of Slavic. According Patsiory accusation "popular mayor" is not shown yet, RIA "Novosti".

"We heard that unhappy Gunmen embezzlement of public money," - said the agency interlocutor about the detention Ponomareva. According to the deputy, embezzlement of funds dissatisfaction expressed commander "People's Militia of Donbass" Igor Fusiliers, also known by the nickname Shooter.

In Russian and Ukrainian media about the detention and subsequent arrest Ponomareva appeared on June 10. Shooters then stated that Ponomarev "removed from office for economic activity which is incompatible with the objectives of the civil administration."

Prior to this, on June 5, it was reported that "people's mayor" was hospitalized after a drug overdose. According to other sources, Ponomariov tried to commit suicide by swallowing medication. However, both versions in the DNR denied.
    http://newsru.com/world/11jun2014/ponomarev.html

In the south-east of Ukraine continues bloody battles between the separatists and the Ukrainian military. Rebel forces, according to the chairman of the Supreme Council of the People's Republic of Donetsk breakaway Pushilin Denis, at the end, so he asked to enter the Russian peacekeeping forces, said "Russian news service". Meanwhile, leaders of the "People's Republic of Luhansk" approached 15 countries and regions for recognition.

"We now hold a last effort. Worth to admit it. Militiamen who took up a gun, they are ready for everything, but we need to save civilians. We have a lot of volunteers, but not enough to stop the civil war," - said Pushilin.

According to him, only Russian peacekeepers can help residents of the south-east of Ukraine. Note that while in the Donetsk region are battle Pushilin Denis arrived in Moscow to take part in the rally, "We stand for Donbass". Participants of the meeting are collecting signatures on a petition to the president of Russia, Vladimir Putin, asking which recognize the independence of the DNI and the LC, as well as to introduce peacekeepers.
    http://newsru.com/world/11jun2014/ukrvostok.html

Looks like Holy Army of Ukrain now has new a weapon which is used against Semenivka.

https://twitter.com/kp_steshin/statu...387008/photo/1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85lbTEd7l30

Something about Poroshenko http://www.opednews.com/articles/Ukr...40609-372.html (based on WikiLeaks)
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-06-11 at 09:14 PM.

The Ukrainian defense minister saying that refugees from Eastern Ukraine will be "filtered out" for ties to the pro-Russians, even women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

The Ukrainian defense minister saying that refugees from Eastern Ukraine will be "filtered out" for ties to the pro-Russians, even women.
    You should work for Perez Hilton, you got a knack for sensationilist titles and squeezing out drama where none is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Looks like Holy Army of Ukrain now has new a weapon which is used against Semenivka.

https://twitter.com/kp_steshin/statu...387008/photo/1

Something about Poroshenko http://www.opednews.com/articles/Ukr...40609-372.html (based on WikiLeaks)
    Hard to tell from the photo, but off hand that looks like a defensive flare launch off an aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffodily View Post
    Pay no attention to what DNR guys say. They have been calling for Russian intervention for almost month now since their refrendum.

Did Ukrainian ATO got any progress recently? Not as far as i'm aware. Then it seems that Donetsk and Lugansk got enough at the moment to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Hard to tell from the photo, but off hand that looks like a defensive flare launch off an aircraft.
    I've re-added the video filmed from a different location. It's too intensive for flares (or there are like ~10 planes/helis in one place).

(If(!) both photos and video are legit, according to posters it could be white phosphorus bombs)
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-06-11 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've re-adde the video filmed from a different location. It's too intensive for flares (or there are like ~10 planes/helis in one place).

(If(!) both photos and video are legit, according to posters it could be white phosphorus bombs)
    The video is, well, really useless. There are no reference points to tell how high the objects are, and the objects in the video are not that bright. Barring that, I will stand by defensive flares for now. See http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...SAF_flares.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, flares or not, are we really going to deny the fact that Ukrainian gvt uses airstrikes and artillery against it's own cities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Well, flares or not, are we really going to deny the fact that Ukrainian gvt uses airstrikes and artillery against it's own cities?
    Never have said that, I am just commenting on military hardware used.

The video is, well, really useless. There are no reference points to tell how high the objects are, and the objects in the video are not that bright. Barring that, I will stand by defensive flares for now. See http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...SAF_flares.jpg
    Yeh, I agree with you on flares, but my problem is that planes don't use them again and again in one spot. I think tomorrow during daytime will get news about it. Maybe they'll find anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have said that, I am just commenting on military hardware used.
    It doesn't really matter, imho, since from my experience, that's not the hardware you use in situations like that. That is, if you're remotely capable of handling this kind of warfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, I agree with you on flares, but my problem is that planes don't use them again and again in one spot. I think tomorrow during daytime will get news about it. Maybe they'll find anything.
    Actually, they do if they are circling and in fear of IR guided SAMs.

If the Ukrainians did use WP, it will be very obvious. The burns are unmistakable.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't really matter, imho, since from my experience, that's not the hardware you use in situations like that. That is, if you're remotely capable of handling this kind of warfare.
    That's exactly the defenses you use against IR weapons....

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly the defenses you use against IR weapons....
    It seems that we misunderstood each other. What i meant to say is - you dont use airstrikes and artillery in such heavily civilian populated areas.

Actually, they do if they are circling and in fear of IR guided SAMs.

If the Ukrainians did use WP, it will be very obvious. The burns are unmistakable.
    How? Do you mean firework show or results of bombardment?

Video can be fake:

http://lifenews.ru/news/134892 Local gov. starter evacuation.

UPD: Militia confirms it as just Incendiary but not WP bombs.

Still shitty business.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-06-11 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that we misunderstood each other. What i meant to say is - you dont use airstrikes and artillery in such heavily civilian populated areas.
    That depends on what you are actually attacking.

- - - Updated - - -

How? Do you mean firework show or results of bombardment?

Video can be fake:

http://lifenews.ru/news/134892 Local gov. starter evacuation.

UPD: Militia confirms it as just Incendiary but not WP bombs.

Still shitty business.
    WP burns like nothing else, its damage is hard to mistake, even smoke rounds are nasty nasty things.

Incendiary in nature or intent?

Meanwhile in Ukraine.

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-06-12 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

Meanwhile in Ukraine.
    Maybe someone should tell them that the US doesn't belong to the EU?

Deleted

Ukranian army claims that at least 2 tanks have been ''obtained'' by seperatists from Russia.