10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The AK-100s are really just modifications to the AK-74/AKM/AK-47 family. Most people can't tell them apart, just like most people can't tell a M-16A1 from an M-16A2.
    Yeah, but the main difference is caliber of cartridges 5.56x45mm for AK-101 and 5.45х39mm for AK-74M, it's not visual difference, but still, if someone says that Russian troops uses AK-101, they are not trustworthy. Same for AK-12 series, they are not in use of any regular Russian army
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-07-14 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you can find one, he is a citizen, have passed conscript medical commission and they found nothing for you to skip conscription (you have to pass it for free each year under conscript age), he still in conscript age (18-27), and it doesn't really matter if there is mobilization or not, conscription is a regular thing here
    I just wonder how Gypsies would advoid conscription or service in modern EU armies. For example in the Seribia/kosovo conflicts how did things fair for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but the main difference is caliber of cartridges 5.56x45mm for AK-101 and 5.45х39mm for AK-74M
    The AK-10x family has 5.56x45, 5.45x39, and 7.62x39 versions. They all look almost alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Do any groups of people get excused from conscription in Russia btw? Here in Finland Jehovah's Witnesses don't have to serve in the army, and neither do people who live in Åland Islands.
    the same old good fella of yours - the same site I linked you when we discussed legal aspects of rent in Russia

Frustrating thing about days with big firefights is the amount of bullshit both sides are providing. I mean what's the point if in a few hours/days we will get the correct picture and will know who lied the most?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I just wonder how Gypsies would advoid conscription or service in modern EU armies. For example in the Seribia/kosovo conflicts how did things fair for them?
    Alot of gipsies are illiterate and don't even have an ID card. If the government isn't aware of their existence as citizens, then it won't draft them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do any groups of people get excused from conscription in Russia btw? Here in Finland Jehovah's Witnesses don't have to serve in the army, and neither do people who live in Åland Islands.
    I'm not sure, but people from Chechnya are not conscripted.

Also you can get delays from conscription (conscription starts two times per year, if you miss your conscription due to slacking it off or having an official delay from recruitment office, you have half of a year until the next one)
    You get delay for the duration of your first higher education, permanent care (father, mother, wife, sibling, sister, grandparents or adoptive parent, if there are no other persons to care for them), single father, working as firefighter, customs official, etc. Your wife is pregnant, working as deputy.

Also you get free pass from conscription because of medical conditions (like asthma for example)

- - - Updated - - -

Can't they just, like, avoid them? You are not going anywhere if you don;t go to recrutment office

- - - Updated - - -

The AK-10x family has 5.56x45, 5.45x39, and 7.62x39 versions. They all look almost alike.
    The 5.56x39 is used only in AK-105, and it's used only in Ministry of Internal Affair, they are not used in military conflicts with other countries. They look alike because they are same, AK-100 series is modified AK-74 for NATO ammo for export purpose, that's it. There is no reason for Russian army to use it.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Can't they just, like, avoid them? You are not going anywhere if you don;t go to recrutment office
    Conscripts have no choice. They receive a letter from the government telling them to present themselves for conscription within a few days at certain office. If they don't show up, the police pays them a visit and takes them to drafting by force. Then they become the army's problem.

Only way to avoid conscription is not to have a birth certificate, so the government doesn't know they exist.

Yeah, you completely missed the point and the last giant thread. Shal and Cy were saying the US was directly behind the rebel coup that started this all, saying they have all this evidence. But they never linked after repeated attempts to get them to do so.

Then of course, you link me stuff about a flag flown after this, an ambassador doing his ambassadory job and then a link to report that the US spent money on Ukraine to get them away from Russia for the past 2 decades and nothing about what I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Frustrating thing about days with big firefights is the amount of bullshit both sides are providing. I mean what's the point if in a few hours/days we will get the correct picture and will know who lied the most?
    The informational noise. Just like in signal processing - the larger noise to signal ration you have, the more complicated processing algorithm it takes to separate signal from noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Conscripts have no choice. They receive a letter from the government telling them to present themselves for conscription within a few days at certain office. If they don't show up, the police pays them a visit and takes them to drafting by force. Then they become the army's problem.

Only way to avoid conscription is not to have a birth certificate, so the government doesn't know they exist.
    You can have registration in one place and live in another, i know many people who live like that and they don't get letters. It's called hiding from conscription and it's illegal, but who cares? Also, police will come after 3rd letter, and postman must get your sign that you received an agenda, if he didn't it means that your "letter count" is zero.

And anyways, police at your door doesn't matter, you can just refuse to open your door and not go anywhere. The only disadvantage of this that you can't get a job without service registration certificate, which is given after getting a delay from conscription, or military ID which is given after finishing conscription.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-07-14 at 09:30 AM.

Damned if I remember things from that far back
    If you cba to google translate that wall of text I will point out this religion-based slacking.
    If, accroding to your reliogion, you can't serve in army, then you will be "conscripted" to "alternative" service (like looking after crazies in warehouses)

You seem to be obsessed with Romani...

Here there was a thing called Construction Corps that was part of the military. All of the illiterate conscripts were given shovels instead of weapons and sent to do construction work.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2014-07-14 at 07:36 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You seem to be obsessed with Romani...

Here there was a thing called Constitution Corps that was part of the military. All of the illiterate conscripts were given shovels instead of weapons and sent to do construction work.
    Not really, I was just curious because I know that they kind of live outside of society and its rules, yet benefit from what it provides. I would think it to be interesting if military police stated showing up in their camps forcefully recruiting their young ones.

Hell it would probably be the best thing that ever happen to the Gypsy community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen this mentioned: Terrifying Neo-Nazi Attack on Gay Club in Kyiv. (Apologies if someone already linked it and I missed it.)

In addition to the despicable attack itself, I think this is once again showing how captive Western (particularly American) mainstream media is to supporting the establishment narrative. Russia's record on LGBT rights is a long way from good (although from what I've seen not that much worse than America's was mere decades ago...), and the sock puppets for the US government miss no chance to point that out. Yet when something similar (but arguably worse) happens under the noses of the Kiev regime, those same pretend "protectors of the public's right to know" are deafeningly silent. The lot of them are like the bastard children of Baghdad Bob and Joseph Goebbels.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Haven't seen this mentioned: Terrifying Neo-Nazi Attack on Gay Club in Kyiv. (Apologies if someone already linked it and I missed it.)

In addition to the despicable attack itself, I think this is once again showing how captive Western (particularly American) mainstream media is to supporting the establishment narrative. Russia's record on LGBT rights is a long way from good (although from what I've seen not that much worse than America's was mere decades ago...), and the sock puppets for the US government miss no chance to point that out. Yet when something similar (but arguably worse) happens under the noses of the Kiev regime, those same pretend "protectors of the public's right to know" are deafeningly silent. The lot of them are like the bastard children of Baghdad Bob and Joseph Goebbels.
    Those Neo-Nazis are in fact KGB agents. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Those Neo-Nazis are in fact KGB agents. True story.
    Just like the people who are still on Maidan. Avakov (Minister of Interior for those not in the know) said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Just like the people who are still on Maidan. Avakov (Minister of Interior for those not in the know) said it.
    I wonder if there're any FSB agents left in Russia...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure, but people from Chechnya are not conscripted.

Also you can get delays from conscription (conscription starts two times per year, if you miss your conscription due to slacking it off or having an official delay from recruitment office, you have half of a year until the next one)
    You get delay for the duration of your first higher education, permanent care (father, mother, wife, sibling, sister, grandparents or adoptive parent, if there are no other persons to care for them), single father, working as firefighter, customs official, etc. Your wife is pregnant, working as deputy.

Also you get free pass from conscription because of medical conditions (like asthma for example)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The 5.56x39 is used only in AK-105, and it's used only in Ministry of Internal Affair, they are not used in military conflicts with other countries. They look alike because they are same, AK-100 series is modified AK-74 for NATO ammo for export purpose, that's it. There is no reason for Russian army to use it.
    I am willing to bet 99.99+% of the population would have a hard time telling an AK-47 from an AK-105, which is really my point. Most people can't tell weapons apart.

- - - Updated - - -

You can have registration in one place and live in another, i know many people who live like that and they don't get letters. It's called hiding from conscription and it's illegal, but who cares? Also, police will come after 3rd letter, and postman must get your sign that you received an agenda, if he didn't it means that your "letter count" is zero.

And anyways, police at your door doesn't matter, you can just refuse to open your door and not go anywhere. The only disadvantage of this that you can't get a job without service registration certificate, which is given after getting a delay from conscription, or military ID which is given after finishing conscription.
    Conscription is a horrid way to get manpower anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am willing to bet 99.99+% of the population would have a hard time telling an AK-47 from an AK-105, which is really my point. Most people can't tell weapons apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Conscription is a horrid way to get manpower anyway.
    And these people should keep their mouths shut about things they don't know, or at least label their statement with "i'm not sure but it looks like X"

How so? It provides decent, healthy manpower, and in return it gives you better mobilization force (99,99% (it's obvious exaggeration for lulz) of the male (plus female medicine and radio students) population have passed conscription and they are much better mobilization force than men who never lived in barracks or held weapon in their hands or worked in a sphere where "common touch" is significant thing)

Anyways, at least in Russia there is two ways of getting people into military, via conscription (1 year), via contract (2+ years, you get paid, career), cadets and officers schools/universities. A lot of people is getting into military via contract (if you believe official sources, and i don't, they say that they conscript 150k people per year, and 300k people via contracts). And it's kinda reasonable, why the hell you want to spend 1 year of your life in army and get nothing except physical training from it? You can serve year longer and get around 9k$-21k$ per year. So conscription will die out eventually i think.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-07-15 at 02:59 AM.