Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    What does it symbolize for you? For me it is an image of the guillotine. I can make whatever of it, fill in the dots or go on some fact finding myself. Apparently the guillotine has been a favourite symbol for various purposes since the protests began and even then it was just picking up a tradition. There is currently a demonstration going on where relatives of the 51st national brigade have issued a demand to the general staff to bring home their male relatives sent to war with the guillotine symbolizing that the government has sent them to their deaths and is performing an execution-by-rebel-forces in the East.
    Well, in other report it was linked with protesters chanting "Lustration"...

Oh, how interesting, it's right in wikipedia Lustration article now. Apparently it's symbol of Ukrainian Lustration Committee:

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    "Russia Jails Federalism Activist Who Called for Same Regional Rights as Russia Wants in Ukraine"

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/506274.html

Ahh, I love the smell of hypocrisy in the late afternoon.
    she finished serving a previous two-week sentence over a rally for broader autonomy for the Krasnodar region
    Compared to bullet to the head or rocket to your house you get from ukranian government for similar actions I guess it's tolerable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    They're probably Russians too. Those racoons aren't ours or was it something like this?
    Racoons are probably to big for that piece of crap. Probably couldnt kill anything bigger than a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Compared to bullet to the head or rocket to your house you get from ukranian government for similar actions I guess it's tolerable.
    Or a nice dose of radioactive poison like other anti-Putin journalists.

Russia didn't earn its 140-some spot in press freedom overnight.

"Shut up and do as we tell you and not as we do, and always remember we could kill you."
    It's more "see what happens right next door? we're quite humane compared to that"

Oh, and meanwhile Poland is added to the list of countries (USA and UK) which soldiers battle on the ukranian government side. It was revealed only after several of them were captured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's more "see what happens right next door? we're quite humane compared to that"
    I suppose that depends on which neighboring country the people look at, Ukraine is in a civil war at this point, meanwhile the countries on your North western border are much higher in terms of freedoms, at least Finland is. Of course if the only countries Russia can compare itself to to look good are countries in a state of civil war that says something.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and meanwhile Poland is added to the list of countries (USA and UK) which soldiers battle on the ukranian government side. It was revealed only after several of them were captured.
    Can we bring in the Chechens that fight for everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Revealed by who? Russian state media? Maybe Shalcker could provide a conspiracy site source for us about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Can we bring in the Chechens that fight for everyone?
    Have they filled out their vacation forms?

There were reports of Poles being there as early as siege of Slavyansk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Revealed by who? Russian state media? Maybe Shalcker could provide a conspiracy site source for us about this.
    I don't know Chechens seem to fight everywhere....
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I suppose that depends on which neighboring country the people look at, Ukraine is in a civil war at this point, meanwhile the countries on your North western border are much higher in terms of freedoms, at least Finland is. Of course if the only countries Russia can compare itself to to look good are countries in a state of civil war that says something.
    Is there movement for Federalization in Finland?

...looking at history of that person, she had lots of episodes where she were detained... ah, wait, she actually extreme left-wing revolutionary, supporting Maidan and with Molotov coctail recipe reposts on her social network page... that explains a lot.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2014-09-02 at 02:16 PM.

http://rian.com.ua/politics/20140902/356633726.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there movement for Federalization in Finland?
    The Sami people have wanted their own state for awhile, most of the land they claim is in Russia though so no one expects it to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, in other report it was linked with protesters chanting "Lustration"...

Oh, how interesting, it's right in wikipedia Lustration article now. Apparently it's symbol of Ukrainian Lustration Committee:
    What other report? This report shows the same symbol and tells something different. I am not ruling out that there has been an event where people chanted that but the reports seem to differ in detail by a lot.

PS: Interestingly enough the German and English version of the same Wikipedia article differ in their description with the English version being fairly biased towards a certain movement and country. There is not even a disambiguation, it's straight saying that lustration means administrative revenge.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

So an active rebel leader says it. The same animals that loot Europeans' bodies that they've just blown from the sky. So no, you don't have a source.

So an active rebel leader says it. So no, you don't have a source.
    Oh but you can go to check bunker with the rest of Polish squad which was filled with concrete after they refused to surrender. I bet there are some documents left.

What a meaningless death in other country which president gives orders which results in civil slaughter.

Huh? Are you talking about the Russian soldiers dying in Ukraine?
    They didn't die in Ukraine, their death certificates say so!

Huh? Are you talking about the Russian soldiers dying in Ukraine?
    Since the only army killing civilians is ukranian one, I am talking about USA, UK and Poland soldiers dying there.

The Sami people have wanted their own state for awhile, most of the land they claim is in Russia though so no one expects it to happen.
    Looking at history of detained Dasha Polyudova she was extreme left-wing revolutionary for a while, with molotov coctail recipe reposts on her social media page and Maidan support reposts... really, it would be improper _not_ to investigate her further.

So you're saying that Russia would NOT act as Ukraine, if this woman were invading whatever major city is in that region with a force of several thousand armed rebels who were capable of shooting down Russian aircraft?

Give me a break.