Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Restoration Trinkets

Is there a list of BiS when it comes to trinkets, like everything Resto Shaman related I've heard 18 different things. My primary assumption is that the BiS would be the Prismatic trinket off sha and Thok's tooth, followed by the spirit trinket off of Seigebreaker and nazgrizm's trinket coming in last. What have you had most luck with?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    My primary assumption is that the BiS would be the Prismatic trinket off sha and Thok's tooth, followed by the spirit trinket off of Seigebreaker and nazgrizm's trinket coming in last.
    Yes, also some people like Purified Bindings of Immerseus for the raw stats. Other then that your assumptions line up with mine pretty well. Thok's for stacked fights DSoD for spread fights IMO.

As far as I'm concerned you are more or less correct. Prismatic and Thok's are the two you really want, Nazgrim's is ok if you don't have Thok's and the Samophlange is good, in my opinion, for moving into heroic modes for the extra mana, but it's the least attractive of the four.

Has anyone tested if searing totem causes purified bindings to proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Has anyone tested if searing totem causes purified bindings to proc?
    Just spent a few minutes with Flame Shock on a target dummy and Searing Totem down and no proc. It does proc off melee swings, just not spells while in a healer spec.

Also, requiring Searing Totem to stay down would just get in the way of Fire Ele and Magma totem.

25 man: Prismatic + Thok
    10 man: Prismatic + Thok/Nazgrim
    In 10 man Thok's trinket will often not hit 5 targets but nazgrim's usually do more overhealing so they both have some flaws. If you really want to min/max you can swap them for certain fights.
    Siegecrafter's trinket is the worst one imo. You don't really need spirit once you have the legendary meta gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    25 man: Prismatic + Thok
    10 man: Prismatic + Thok/Nazgrim
    In 10 man Thok's trinket will often not hit 5 targets but nazgrim's usually do more overhealing so they both have some flaws. If you really want to min/max you can swap them for certain fights.
    Siegecrafter's trinket is the worst one imo. You don't really need spirit once you have the legendary meta gem.
    You seem to be forgetting about the 2,211 static Int on DSoD. The proc trinkets are quite strong but aren't guaranteed to be up when you actually need them. Some prefer the consistency from static Int and it's effect on Crit and Spell power as apposed to an RNG proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Duglawaha View Post
    You seem to be forgetting about the 2,211 static Int on DSoD. The proc trinkets are quite strong but aren't guaranteed to be up when you actually need them. Some prefer the consistency from static Int and it's effect on Crit and Spell power as apposed to an RNG proc.
    Yeah the RNG isn't great but the spirit doesn't actually do anything. I'm at about 12k spirit and I'm not even close to going out of mana on any fight.

In comparison to Multistrike which on a good fight will do what? 3% healing?

Cleave is total useless in a lot of 10 man fights, looking over last weeks heroic logs

immers, 0.25%
    Protectors, 5%
    IJ, 2.8%
    Shamans 0.17%
    Mal 5.4%
    (I usualy dps missing fights)
    --fights below are normal mode--
    thok: 5%
    seige 0.7%
    paragons 2.5%
    Garosh 2%

Looks like I need to pick up a multstrike to switch in or even a normal mode spirit trinket ( although the spirit is useless), I'm actualy thinking about switching to bindings even if it doesnt proc has anyone got any thoughts?
    Last edited by dean771; 2014-03-06 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    Get cleave is total useless in a lot of 10 man fights, looking over last weeks heroic logs

immers, 0.25%
    Protectors, 5%
    IJ, 2.8%
    Shamans 0.17%
    Mal 5.4%
    (I usualy dps missing fights)
    --fights below are normal mode--
    thok: 5%
    seige 0.7%
    paragons 2.5%
    Garosh 2%

Looks like I need to pick up a multstrike to switch in or even a normal mode spirit trinket ( although the spirit is useless), I'm actualy thinking about switching to bindings even if it doesnt proc has anyone got any thoughts?
    I'm going to be trying Bindings tomorrow night. Going 50% Haste for H Siege and Paragons as well as trying it for H Garrosh progression. The trinket will still proc off Melee swings so my thinking is I can control the proc a bit more by autoing the boss when I want a proc. All 3 of these fights provide the opportunity to do so. Siege during magnets, Paragons you are generally free to move into melee as long as you are paying attention to Amber and Fire Line timers, and for our Garrosh strat I'm in his hit box 90% of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duglawaha View Post
    I'm going to be trying Bindings tomorrow night. Going 50% Haste for H Siege and Paragons as well as trying it for H Garrosh progression. The trinket will still proc off Melee swings so my thinking is I can control the proc a bit more by autoing the boss when I want a proc. All 3 of these fights provide the opportunity to do so. Siege during magnets, Paragons you are generally free to move into melee as long as you are paying attention to Amber and Fire Line timers, and for our Garrosh strat I'm in his hit box 90% of the fight.
    For Garrosh I found Thok trinket to be quite nice. Did 8% of my healing in 10m in Hero WF. Someone did a calculation of Thok vs Blackfuse trinket somewhere assuming you can use the spirit procc to go down on spirit and get more other stats. Basically you will only gain mastery this way or get a higher haste cap as one shouldn't forge out of crit anyway. I believe he stated that if the cleave would result in 2% healing or more it would be better then blackfuse trinket.

What I also do is that I track the procc and since Thok and Sha trinket seem to procc together very often I can just delay a CD for when they procc during a good time. 90K spell power rocks :-)
    Last edited by mmocbe56772680; 2014-03-06 at 04:29 PM.

I run with Prismatic and DSOD because the proc allows me to drop about ~2.5k spirit for other stats. The multistrike trinket was absolutely terrible for me, which is why I changed for the DSOD which seemed much better. I also enjoy the static INT instead of a proc, since both HST and HR scale dynamically so the proc has to come at the right time otherwise it is a waste, where a spirit proc is rarely wasted.

The cleave trinket I use for fights which has massive damage and a lot of stacking, i.e. Norushen, Thok, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    I run with Prismatic and DSOD because the proc allows me to drop about ~2.5k spirit for other stats.
    What stats did you gain by this? Its almost always mastery you gain and I believe thats not worth the trinket slot.

I had thought about using DSoD and dropping my Spirit down to get more stats, but procs are so unreliable. The last thing I want it the Spirit proc when I'm near full and no procs when I'm low, so I didn't want to run with the uncertainty dropping my Spirit to get slightly more Crit or Mastery. And yes, I do think you'd get more Mastery than Crit or Haste, but it depends on what your gear looks like. I guess if you're prioritising Haste you could drop Spirit to get more Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    For Garrosh I found Thok trinket to be quite nice. Did 8% of my healing in 10m in Hero WF. Someone did a calculation of Thok vs Blackfuse trinket somewhere assuming you can use the spirit procc to go down on spirit and get more other stats. Basically you will only gain mastery this way or get a higher haste cap as one shouldn't forge out of crit anyway. I believe he stated that if the cleave would result in 2% healing or more it would be better then blackfuse trinket.

What I also do is that I track the procc and since Thok and Sha trinket seem to procc together very often I can just delay a CD for when they procc during a good time. 90K spell power rocks :-)
    Seems like you only read a portion of my post. Never said anything about using DSoD. :P

I'm fully aware of how strong Thok's trinket is for the fight, that's what I've been using for all of progression. I was just messing around with stacking the double amp trinkets and saw just how many stats they provided me when pushing up to the 50% Healing Rain break point: 1,100 Haste, 600 Mastery, ~800 Spirit, and an additional ~8.7% healing to all Crits. Mind you I'm able to maintain around 37% Crit raid buffed, which is quite nice considering the high Haste.

Mainly talking about Garrosh now but this applies to pretty much all of the last 4 bosses. During these bosses you usually have predetermined times to be using your cds, especially HTT. You probably have more control over when you use Ascendance but getting your trinkets to line up with one of the high damage phases of the encounter and then having it line up with exact time you're using your cds, starts to make it harder and harder to get the full benefit out of them. Sure on earlier fights you can decide to delay your cds a few seconds to line them up with your trinkets, but a lot of times on the later fights that gets people killed. I posted a scenario in the thread you're talking about the addressed the on proc trinkets and how they aren't very reliable:

Imagine a scenario, such as on H Garrosh, where right after the p2 transition (assuming you stay in the back) both your trinkets proc right when you start healing in p3. More than likely you won't have your trinkets up for the first or even second Empowered Whirling Corruption.
    Since a lot of groups are ignoring the second intermission these days this scenario is actually quite realistic. I never said Bindings were going to be better than Thok's for anything. I said I was going to try them out to see just how much control I have over the proc in a real raid situation, and see how well the extra stats serve me. It's still a test that I haven't even tested yet.

What stats did you gain by this? Its almost always mastery you gain and I believe thats not worth the trinket slot.
    What's wrong with gaining Mastery over Spirit? If, like most 570+ Resto Shaman, you are at the point where you can't reforge off any more Spirit and you also can't come close to ooming I see no problem with prioritizing Mastery over Spirit. Additional regen that isn't turned into through put is just wasted resources and itemization. Whereas Mastery effects all of your heals, not just when people are at low health. Then you add on the static Int, so Spell Power and Crit, you're gaining from DSoD and I'd say it's a perfectly viable trinket.
    Last edited by Duglawaha; 2014-03-06 at 06:14 PM.

in 10m, on spread fights, thok's trinket is often < 0.5% total healing. so yes, you want to have it for stacked fights, but you really want a third option. i like blackfuse for that third spot because of the static INT, and extra mana was not a bad thing last time i checked.

Obviously the 2k intellect from the trinket and then it was 50%/50% in haste/mastery. I still find this preferably to a mediocre Nazgrim trinket, obviously I do use the cleave trinkets on any fights where it's worth it, which sadly isn't that many on 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I had thought about using DSoD and dropping my Spirit down to get more stats, but procs are so unreliable. The last thing I want it the Spirit proc when I'm near full and no procs when I'm low, so I didn't want to run with the uncertainty dropping my Spirit to get slightly more Crit or Mastery. And yes, I do think you'd get more Mastery than Crit or Haste, but it depends on what your gear looks like. I guess if you're prioritising Haste you could drop Spirit to get more Crit.
    For healers a spirit proc is the most reliable of all procs since mana accumulates, and except for the start of the fight we're unlikely to be at full mana. Therefore each proc is useful. On the other hand due to rng random +heal procs might happen when we don't need the extra healing at all. Often they'll just snipe heals from our co-healers and cause them to overheal.

With both Thok and Prism proc, my crit chance go up to 55% (from 45% raid buffed). And they usually proc together. Crit gives back mana, it also gives output. I am satisfied with this combination. Spirit proc, meh, nazgrim trink, meh (25 man standpoint). :/
    Last edited by Lei; 2014-03-07 at 01:26 PM.