Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    About MoSD, I think it will help on fights that are not DPS checks but survival checks. Problem is in terms of Mage soloing, these fights are quite rare, and your best shot to solo a boss is often to kill it as fast as possible. I think MoSD will be far more useful for lesser-geared Mages who want to solo early MoP content and before, rather than SoO+ soloers.
    But the thing is.. the actual amount of damage you lose (on a fight you havent cleared) would be overcome by your dps now applying healing every cast. How many times have we mage soloers thought "man, if I just had some self healing".. and now we do. I have been using MoSD and it has made MoP easier.. and less stressful to try and solo than before.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    AWESOME! (Not awesome that you don't have his mount yet though) I'll have to go back and start soloing him then! Perhaps MoSD will give me the extra speed I'll need for him (since I don't really have the right gear for Fire...) Shocked I missed this video, but god damn that looks like it's gonna be as fun as Spine at 90, lol.

*nodnod* I half-hope tertiary stats are flat amounts (e.g., don't scale with level) so MoSD will still be useful at 110; it might see a bit more use then, but idk, I feel like I might be able to do SOMETHING with the damn thing... > 10% Leech is pretty nuts.

Omg fuck offfff. I got LBH back when it was current (and 100%), and I lost two blazing drakes in both my raid teams

I plan on trying Horridon HC soon

Leech and all tertiary stats scale, a good proof of this is Juggernaut trinket while leveling.

And yeah I'm either not lucky or wayy too lucky in terms of mounts drops. Took me 300+ LK 25HC for Invincible, but only 3 for Mimiron's Head. I have 2 Time-Lost Proto-drakes and 2 Blazing Drakes, but I'm missing tons of easy mounts besides that

I'm a bit ashamed of getting so lucky but ...

Sha of Pride Normal

Still, enjoy

Just solo'd Horridon, my way is a bit easier than Araitik's and pretty easily done as long as you have ilvl 4pc/class trink/ring.
    Go frost, take barrier, cold snap, MI, TV, UM and the regenerative ice glyph of course. You'll need health pots and the kings drums.
    Simply pop everything on pull (you could elect to save lust for 30%, and I actually recommend it, but I was dumb as hell and forgot to do that on my first kill). Kill adds as soon as they come up since it's a lot of unneeded damage. Around 20 seconds or so before the Dinomancer comes out he'll do a swipe, right after he does it Ice block and regain w/e hp you lost, throw orb down and MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ONE SHOT THE DINOMANCER. He will not drop orb if you do so. Finish up adds then ram horridon into the door. At this point just try and keep your health up and wait for MI+ring to come back up. Once they are about to come back, blow everything and try to kill him before he kills you. I recommend saving your 2nd iceblock for this point and resummoning your water elemental for jet if it dies. First kill should be close but honestly with how sloppy I played I believe I could definitely have done it with maybe only being half health at the end. Plan out your barrier usage around your kiting and it should be a lot easier.

Edit: Forgot to mention it was 4 pulls and 2 of them I just wiped because I forgot I wasn't recording

Quote Originally Posted by Flazian View Post
    Just solo'd Horridon, my way is a bit easier than Araitik's and pretty easily done as long as you have ilvl 4pc/class trink/ring.
    Go frost, take barrier, cold snap, MI, TV, UM and the regenerative ice glyph of course. You'll need health pots and the kings drums.
    Simply pop everything on pull (you could elect to save lust for 30%, and I actually recommend it, but I was dumb as hell and forgot to do that on my first kill). Kill adds as soon as they come up since it's a lot of unneeded damage. Around 20 seconds or so before the Dinomancer comes out he'll do a swipe, right after he does it Ice block and regain w/e hp you lost, throw orb down and MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ONE SHOT THE DINOMANCER. He will not drop orb if you do so. Finish up adds then ram horridon into the door. At this point just try and keep your health up and wait for MI+ring to come back up. Once they are about to come back, blow everything and try to kill him before he kills you. I recommend saving your 2nd iceblock for this point and resummoning your water elemental for jet if it dies. First kill should be close but honestly with how sloppy I played I believe I could definitely have done it with maybe only being half health at the end. Plan out your barrier usage around your kiting and it should be a lot easier.

Edit: Forgot to mention it was 4 pulls and 2 of them I just wiped because I forgot I wasn't recording
    Congrats ! I tried nuking when I solo'ed him back in April, but couldn't reach last phase, so I ended up kiting. But yeah with the insane gear we have right now I'm not surprised that Horridon becomes way easier Good news for mounts farmers !

Araitik,
    Just solo'ed 25N Zor'lok, so you can update that part now (unless you want a video or something.) It was mostly just 10N writ large, though it was painful because I kept underestimating his damage output.

I grabbed another DPS for Blade Lord 25N, so not sure if it's doable. With enough gear, maybe pick Cauterize and hope you can burst down 10M before second Unseen Strike?

PS: Stone Guard 25N is already done by many people right? Your spreadsheet still shows it as "Unknown."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Araitik,
    I grabbed another DPS for Blade Lord 25N, so not sure if it's doable. With enough gear, maybe pick Cauterize and hope you can burst down 10M before second Unseen Strike?
    You don't need any cooldown for unseen strike; you can blink out of it. I've been blinking out of it ever since he was a progress boss.

When strike comes, run forwards. When you suddenly stop moving, mash your blink button and you'll blink out with low enough latency.

An update: Amber Shaper could be possible. Theoretically if you can burn 70% of his health in the cast time of Amber Scalpel, he'll die. My best attempt so far is 19%.

An update update: I managed to deplete his health before the damage shield came up, but his health remained at 1. This means you have to burn (pretty much) all of his health down during the Scalpel, then kill the monstrosity on top of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I got bored. I cropped in the recount because I'm too lazy to run back there with it showing.

Between Frostjaw, Frost Nova, Deep Freeze, and elemental Freeze, it's possible to keep a sha globule rooted pretty much indefinitely until they transform into Tears of the Vale. However, you can only do this on one globule at a time, so that's why it took me 29 minutes.

I don't know any other class with this many roots and stuns that don't deal damage (frost nova with no weapon equipped does about 1,000 in my gear, the globules have about 8k health) who could pull this off. Maybe I'm ignorant.
    Last edited by mmoc13b1d7a50d; 2015-09-08 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks for that tip - I suppose it showed that I didn't raid T14 back then. Will give it a try.

Maybe a DK can pull it off with strangulate, Lvl 90 talent, grip and chains of ice? CoI might kill them with the disease, but otherwise they might even do it faster.

Deleted
    Can mages solo MSV(up to Elegon?) sorry if it was already discussed did not read the whole topic

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Can mages solo MSV(up to Elegon?) sorry if it was already discussed did not read the whole topic
    Yes, with ~680 gear.

Need assistance. Killed Horridon as arcane 719 without serious problems, but council is giving me a headache. Can't get close to even killing one of them. Every time the images die in seconds and myself, grounded or already sitting in ice block, not survivng any more than a couple of seconds after coming out of ice block. Did anyone do it as arcane anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Need assistance. Killed Horridon as arcane 719 without serious problems, but council is giving me a headache. Can't get close to even killing one of them. Every time the images die in seconds and myself, grounded or already sitting in ice block, not survivng any more than a couple of seconds after coming out of ice block. Did anyone do it as arcane anyway?
    Any Council type bosses pretty much requires Fire spec. ToT Council is one of the most easiest because they never regain health, contraty to Protectors of the Endless. Go Fire, nuke Mar'li and spread Combustion for easy win.

I updated the spreadsheet with the newest info everyone gave. Thanks all

Btw, Iron Juggernaut 14%

Would it be possible to do Council as Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Would it be possible to do Council as Frost?
    Probably in 10N, maybe 10HC, doubt you'll go any further. And it would require high gear, because Frost can cleave on 2 targets only while Fire can hit all 4 bosses at once.

Hey guys Back with some new stuff !

Heart of Fear : 2 Heroic / 2 Normal

Heroic Zor'lok and Heroic Ta'yak not included, both because they are not interesting and been soloed before. Also, I accidentaly deleted the recording. Ahem.

Heroic Garalon : Quite easy, you will need a good pull to push him to P2 with Nithramus. After that it's just kite & kill.

Heroic Mel'jarak : Really reasy, spec Fire with DB glyph and run around. Don't glyph Blink to free yourself of stuns.

Normal Un'sok : Kill him before first Reshape Life. You need to spawn the Amber Monstrosity before your Nithramus runs out, so you can blink to it and (almost) 1shot it.

Normal Shek'zeer : BOOM. Nuff said.

Enjoy

Grats!

Also, that Empress kill.

Grats!

Also, that Empress kill.
    Yeah, I stopped DPS just to kill her with the Nithramus boom

Also I tried Un'sok Heroic, but he has almost double the health pool and the same mechanics, so it's possible with very high gear using the same strat, but not with 718 ilvl

25N Feng and Spiritbinder down.
    4 set, tome/PoF, 719 ilvl, 3% leech (leech is on a 715 staff)(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vende/advanced)

I just kept resetting (and dying) until the opener was huge enough to push him almost into last phase, which requires 1 to 2 stacks of temporal power, probably. I used flameglow instead of alter time - not sure why, but flameglow just kept me alive longer in field tests. If you don't have the burst, staying alive until 1:30/2:00 and bursting again should be enough, but without high level gear you probably won't survive that long anyway.

Still trying Spirit Kings 25N, might require even better opener. Best attempt 200k on last King (Zian)

Bought a partial mythic run just this evening; 1.6M well spent.

EDIT: OH GOD THANK GOD Spirit Kings 25N down. I don't really know what I did differently last try, so it's probably just arcane missile/set bonus/MoD RNG. I recommend resetting the boss if you can't kill 1st king before 3rd attack.

Might try finishing more of Tier 13 if possible later.

EDIT/Note: It MIGHT be necessary to reset mid-fight for Spirit Kings 25N, if you get Meng the Demented 3rd rather than 4th - in that situation, it is likely that, at the 2 min mark when you are going to burst for the second (and last) time, he'll be in his Cowardice phase and running around, away from your crystal. Also, I did not try using Mirror Images at all for Spirit Kings, but presumably they work to some extent - I just don't like picking survivability over damage.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-10-21 at 12:20 AM.

Killed Protectors and Tsulong 10H.

Protector was pretty much the same, except you have to switch to adds once every now and then.

Tsulong was a complete RNG mess at current ilvl. The sunbeam may or may not drop near where you or your runes of power are. The Darks of Night may or may not spawn too close to the beams. The second (or third?) sunbeam may or may not spawn right on top of a Dark of Night (it happened just once to me.) Shadow breath stacks may or may not get cleared with temporal heroes or just weird timers. Oh, and standard Arcane opener RNG.
    My timeline was largely pull->run to sunbeam->burst->kill Darks->evocate->alter time (1 breath during it)->survive until 1:30->burst again. Reaching Day phase (2:00) is a wipe at current ilvl, so dps check is pretty tight too, at 7329k health. I killed him with 5 seconds to spare.

I personally don't think Lei Shi 10H is doable without ~730, but I think/hope someone will prove me wrong anyway. The mechanics doesn't really change from N to H, but the higher numbers mean at our ilvl we'll probably need Get Away! every time (and that sounds like a real RNG mess.) At least, I never survived through the first Hide.

Tried 25N Blade Lord (many thanks to shadoworx for the blink tip) - couldn't survive 4 overwhelming assault. Mirror imaging to deflect one of them might be a good idea, but the damage loss might not be worth it. Might try again later.

If doubleposting's bad I'll merge this one with the previous one.

PS: Does anyone know how to not get killed by Lei Shi after going invisible while she's Hiding? She still casts spray for a good 15 seconds even after combat's over, and you can't survive that even by eating food.

PPS: Giving up on Blade Lord for now. Best attempt 2401K, died to Wind Step debuff while trapped in phase 2 starting cyclone. Would have died anyway since I entered p2 without any healing CD and below 100k health. At 720 ilvl it should definitely be possible, but a few more can't hurt.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-10-21 at 08:01 AM.

Killed Protectors and Tsulong 10H.

Protector was pretty much the same, except you have to switch to adds once every now and then.

Tsulong was a complete RNG mess at current ilvl. The sunbeam may or may not drop near where you or your runes of power are. The Darks of Night may or may not spawn too close to the beams. The second (or third?) sunbeam may or may not spawn right on top of a Dark of Night (it happened just once to me.) Shadow breath stacks may or may not get cleared with temporal heroes or just weird timers. Oh, and standard Arcane opener RNG.
    My timeline was largely pull->run to sunbeam->burst->kill Darks->evocate->alter time (1 breath during it)->survive until 1:30->burst again. Reaching Day phase (2:00) is a wipe at current ilvl, so dps check is pretty tight too, at 7329k health. I killed him with 5 seconds to spare.

I personally don't think Lei Shi 10H is doable without ~730, but I think/hope someone will prove me wrong anyway. The mechanics doesn't really change from N to H, but the higher numbers mean at our ilvl we'll probably need Get Away! every time (and that sounds like a real RNG mess.) At least, I never survived through the first Hide.

Tried 25N Blade Lord (many thanks to shadoworx for the blink tip) - couldn't survive 4 overwhelming assault. Mirror imaging to deflect one of them might be a good idea, but the damage loss might not be worth it. Might try again later.

If doubleposting's bad I'll merge this one with the previous one.

PS: Does anyone know how to not get killed by Lei Shi after going invisible while she's Hiding? She still casts spray for a good 15 seconds even after combat's over, and you can't survive that even by eating food.

PPS: Giving up on Blade Lord for now. Best attempt 2401K, died to Wind Step debuff while trapped in phase 2 starting cyclone. Would have died anyway since I entered p2 without any healing CD and below 100k health. At 720 ilvl it should definitely be possible, but a few more can't hurt.

Wow that's some great news !! Tried Protectors 10H myself some time ago but couldn't go much further after Kaolan was dead, I'm glad it's doable Fire or Arcane ?

As of Lei Shi 10H, I'm not surprised that 730 is the "cap" after seeing how difficult was the kill in 10 NM (RNG mess with Spray that has to miss an immense amount of times in a row to get a kill). BTW, you cannot reset her in Hide phase, your best shot is to get her out of the phase then reset. You can also run out of the raid if you have enough health to do so.

I upgraded the spreadsheet, congrats and thank you ! I'm glad to see people interested in Mage solo