With the new Subterfuge, what if stealth didn't require out of combat? (PvP)

They took the out of combat requirement away for charge, could stealth get it too? I mean there would obviously have to be a cooldown for it like charge, but would 3 seconds of Subterfuge every 20-25 seconds be asking too much instead of trying to get restealths all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You mean Vanish.
    This is pretty much why they won't allow stealth in combat. What would be the point of vanish then? Restealthing has been a part of rogue PvP since the beginning of time. Your proposed change would make the class lose a certain level of skill required to play rogue. People already hate stealth, we don't need rogues being able to vanish like 10 times per match without any skill required.

Seems silly to me. Stealth puts you out of combat while charge keeps you in combat.. totally different fruits. You could just try to not get hit by anything for six seconds and then stealth.

Well I was just thinking what if Rogues had an ability that lets them get into Subterfuge for 3 seconds with a 30 second cooldown or something? Practically like a dance, but without the offensives rather allowing for more CC utility.

I proposed an idea like this in another thread. More for a different reason than you perhaps, i wanted my sub rogue to feel more rogueish, more stealthy. I proposed a 15ish seconds CD on a vanish that lasted for 1 second and didn't put you in stealth after the effect faded, more like a poof in poof out, to disorient the enemy and to gain find weakness, with the new suterfuge, loss of shadowblades and if we moved dance to a 2 min cd i think this would be balanced for both pvp and pve. The tiresome restealths in sub just feels akward and it feels like i abandon my teammates. In pve sub is a joke, in regards to what the spec is about vs how it's used.

Edit; this could even replace the horrible CaD talent if you let it break roots(and snares). Numbers on CD must be balanced of course, but if mages can break stun every 15 seconds I don't see this as overpowered(yes i know casters vs melee).
    Last edited by Noorac; 2014-05-21 at 10:55 PM.

Vanish removed bcuz button bloat. Stealth now useable while in combat. Rogue visable while in subterfuge.

Shout out to fun gameplay. Balance GO HOME<3

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post

Shout out to fun gameplay.
    Fun for the Rogue, not fun for the other ten classes..
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Well I was just thinking what if Rogues had an ability that lets them get into Subterfuge for 3 seconds with a 30 second cooldown or something? Practically like a dance, but without the offensives rather allowing for more CC utility.
    Well, there's this glyph coming:
    Glyph of Disappearance Assassination, Combat
    Reduces the cooldown on Vanish by 60 sec, but when Vanish's duration ends, Stealth is no longer automatically activated.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    This is pretty much why they won't allow stealth in combat. What would be the point of vanish then? Restealthing has been a part of rogue PvP since the beginning of time. Your proposed change would make the class lose a certain level of skill required to play rogue. People already hate stealth, we don't need rogues being able to vanish like 10 times per match without any skill required.
    You mean like Warrior Stance Dancing? Or feral druid bear/cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Well, there's this glyph coming:
    o.O

But... does it still break combat? Then I can just restealth. I don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    You mean like Warrior Stance Dancing? Or feral druid bear/cat?
    Those are totally different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.