Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Google (Youtube) to buy TWITCH for 1B (?)

Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-05-18 at 11:41 PM.

And another one bites the dust. RIP twich

I just glanced over the homepage and saw this thread in the recent post section and immediatly stopped everything I was doing to go:

"WUT"
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

AT&T bought DirecTV today and now Google owns the biggest streaming website in the world. And people wonder why net neutrality went to the wayside.

This is insanely bad for competition in the world of streaming and videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nvm edited on OP
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-05-18 at 10:56 PM.

Before long, we'll be logging into our computers with Google+

<.<

Just when I thought YouTube was becoming cancerous enough for people to start making alternatives to the website that we can all go to instead...this has to happen.

Goddammit Google...
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

This worries me...0.o

Deleted
    RIP. Time for that website to go down the shitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is insanely bad for competition in the world of streaming and videos.
    I dont think its a bad thing. As it is now, nobody over the age of about 25 watches twitch anyway. Its mostly a bunch of tweens watching minecraft videos. Perhaps Google being the forward seeing giant that it is can make it more useful to other people who would rather play games themselves instead of watching others play games. Maybe they could entice independent studios to stream new and original TV shows and movies based on gaming or something

Deleted
    Google has reached critical mass. If you make 10 billion PROFIT every year, you can buy anything threatening.
    They can basicly keep themselves existing forever just by buying everything new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just me who trusts google a whole lot more than twitch? Youtube doesn't bully its partners, allow external alternate business models, and take a smaller cut if they choose not to than twitch. I hope this means youtube's policies get integrated in Twitch's superior streaming tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

As someone that streams on Twitch... I don't like this. Worried their service will become even more shit than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont think its a bad thing. As it is now, nobody over the age of about 25 watches twitch anyway. Its mostly a bunch of tweens watching minecraft videos. Perhaps Google being the forward seeing giant that it is can make it more useful to other people who would rather play games themselves instead of watching others play games. Maybe they could entice independent studios to stream new and original TV shows and movies based on gaming or something
    Monopolies are not a good thing, no matter who it is. Google may be one of the better ones, but that doesn't change that fact that some of the changes that have been made on Youtube in recent months have pissed off a lot of people and those people have been wanting alternatives to videos and streaming. Now the biggest in streaming has been crossed off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    As someone that streams on Twitch... I don't like this. Worried their service will become even more shit than it already is.
    Lol bomb effect right now in twitch. Massive Panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is insanely bad for competition
    Its why they expect the justice department to challenge it.

Ugh, the justice department better step in considering how much damage google has done to youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Its why they expect the justice department to challenge it.
    If they didnt challenge the Comcast/Time Warner merger, they surely wouldnt bother with this one, especially since very few outside of the gaming community ever even heard of Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Just me who trusts google a whole lot more than twitch? Youtube doesn't bully its partners, allow external alternate business models, and take a smaller cut if they choose not to than twitch. I hope this means youtube's policies get integrated in Twitch's superior streaming tech.
    Uh... Youtube has some really harsh partnership rules. And their auto tracker programs that flag stuff are moronic at best.