Poll: Favourite boss fight of MoP?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but Garalon sticks out as my favorite early tier boss fight. Perhaps because it was the mechanics really allowed you to see the difference between a good tank and a bad tank but I just really like that fight.

Primordious is my favorite Throne of Thunder fight. I thought the idea of being transformed and killing oozes was fantastic and the saurok casting animations I freaking love.

SoO? I don't have a favorite fight. Really out of any of them if I have to pick? I'm going to say Nazgrim. I say that because the adds are frequently more lethal than the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a weakness for Paragons, just because of little things like their reminder that we were warned, some of their banter, the way we can take their buffs for the fight and the temporary title you get. The fight itself is OK, but it is the extra stuff that makes it enjoyable for me. I don't think that some of the banter and bravado in other fights worked quite as well.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't Heroic Imperial Vizier up there!?

I can't be the only one who loved that fight.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Deleted
    Lei Shen felt pretty epic and the mechanics were fun so there goes my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen was an amazing boss fight.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    Paragons and Siegecrafter for me, both are amazing fights, tho paragons is a little bit harder as a tank imo

Deleted
    Zorlok.
    Oh he isn't on the poll. So my vote goes to Siegecrafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Healer PoV: Dark Animus, Paragons of the Klaxxi, Lei Shen, Durumu, Thok, Tortos, Tsulong, Spirit Kings, Will of the Emperor, Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, Garalon, and Stone Guards.
    All of them were really fun.

I can't put Siegecrafter because it's boring as hell to heal and it's pretty cheese with Midwinters strat. I think Paragons is underrated, it's a much better fight (except for Death from Above ugh.)

Death from above is the funniest thing about paragons.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am very surprised as to how many people enjoy the Lei Shen fight! I for one did not like it at all, I didn't feel like there was much lore behind it, at least not as much as Garrosh I mean, come on! It's Garrosh HELLSCREAM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxheals View Post
    I am very surprised as to how many people enjoy the Lei Shen fight! I for one did not like it at all, I didn't feel like there was much lore behind it, at least not as much as Garrosh I mean, come on! It's Garrosh HELLSCREAM!
    The only gripe about that is

"ADDS EVERYWHERE!!! MWAHAHHAHA SERVE YOUR HELLCREAM WELL!!"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I actually haven't been blown away by any boss this expansion; some of them were cool ideas but I didn't care for the execution (Megaera) or they just rubbed me the wrong way (nearly all of Heart of Fear and Mogu-Shan Vaults) - I didn't like Terrace all that much either - Sha of Fear was pretty cool but the others were not.

I did like Lei Shen though but I think in that raid Primordius is probably my favorite boss; Durumu and Animus were also neat, same with Tortos.

In Siege of Orgrimmar... Malkorok is neat, Spoils is quite unique, Galakras is novel, Juggernaut is boring, Nazgrim is dull, Thok is ok.

Overall, I'm not particularly blown-away by any boss in SoO and I definitely didn't think Garrosh was bad, I just didn't have much in the way of expectations for him since I wasn't that enthusiastic about the instance to begin with.

I think to date my favorite bosses have traditionally been end of raid bosses but this time only Lei Shen really delivered (Sha of Fear kinda did, on heroic anyway) but didn't compare to Yogg, Anub'arak, Lich King, Illidan, KJ, Kael, Vashj.

I think to this day LK is probably my favorite boss but Illidan was also really fun and an excellent fight.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people are voting for Spirit Kings. Sure, the actual mechanics did make for a decent fight, but having to reset it 15 times first was horrible.

Out of those options I went with Will of the Emperor as I stopped raiding prior to ToT so I missed that entirely and returned after my guild was done with SoO progression so I think not having to work through SoO progression personally has made doing those fights now seem less exciting.

I think Feng was my favorite for MOP. ( I didn't get to finish ToT past Megara and didn't do anything real in SOO)

I really wish I made it to Lei Shen, that fight just looked incredible.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Spirit kings! Loved that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    For me I would say Imperial vizier zor'lok. So much nice stuff to overcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Garrosh, know the fight by heart, I just love it, he's definitely worthy of being the raids final boss... Unlike the thunder king, found him boring and his intermissions irritating.

Blackfuse is a great fight, one of my favorites of all time.

Deleted
    personalyl liked elegon, council in ToT, lei shen, malkorok and blackfuse.

Also did not think that SoO was that great of a tier outside of boss-numbers except for the two bosses mentioned above and sha of pride.

ToT however and MSV were awesome

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    Also did not think that SoO was that great of a tier outside of boss-numbers except for the two bosses mentioned above and sha of pride.

ToT however and MSV were awesome
    My opinion exactly; SoO by default is a decent tier because it has a lot of bosses, however most of them are lack luster from my perspective (healer). MSV is kind of underrated in my opinion; my analysis of the raid:

- Stoneguards: One of the best first bosses in the game; it was tuned perfectly except for the tank mechanic being too unforgiving.
    - Feng: Average
    - Garajal: Good tuning on heroic, fun for dps and some healers; but boring as a tank.
    - Spirit Kings: Excellent mechanics and tuning, but the random order ruined this bosses potential on heroic unfortunately.
    - Elegon: Excellent Aesthetics (unfortunately this comes with fps lag), interesting boss mechanics, poor tuning on heroic; slightly overtuned on normal.
    - Will of the Emperor: Very fun fight for all roles on heroic, unique, but too cheesable on heroic unfortunately.

ToT is my favourite raid to date because every boss had some form of consistent aoe damage, very fun to heal.

Deleted
    Spirit kings for sure. Lots of different abilities you have to look out for.

Deleted
    I liked Elegon but it's fun to see people die still to this day