Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    here are bosses I thought were great, good, and terrible:
    I'm wondering if some people forgot how to read. OP isn't saying his opinions are correct or that these bosses are strictly better or worse than others.

wich difficulty are we talking here? This list doesnt feel very serious with awesome heroic fights like Dark animus and paragons listed as BAD encounters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely those you listed are well done/ not well done, in your opinion, and of course not everyone will share that opinion. For example that Garalon was a terrible boss, yes, the mechanics were unique, but the fight itself just felt bad, and in my opinion, Stone Guard and Immerseus weren't really that bad.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    @anyone, has there been any boss this expansion that you did not enjoy because it was too complicated?
    Stone Guards and Tortos.

IJ is prob the only fight I'd go as far as to say I hate this xpac. The way the boss works is stupid spawning borer drills under the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    wich difficulty are we talking here? This list doesnt feel very serious with awesome heroic fights like Dark animus and paragons listed as BAD encounters...
    I was looking at a heroic POV. Personally I thought paragons was a clusterfuck of mechanics, and the anima gimmick didn't appeal too well with me. Although not everyone in the thread is a heroic raider, hence the widespread hate of Durumu (lfr)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Basically, this read like "If i couldnt tunnel a boss in one way or another, I didnt like it".
    What do you mean? I was the belt bitch on siegecrafter and I still respect the shit out of that boss's design
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-05-22 at 05:51 AM.

I'm surprised so many people liked Garrosh. I thought the fight was repetitive and lacking interesting mechanics. Garrosh and Immerseus are to me the two least enjoyable bosses in Siege.

Other bosses are boring on normal, but are redeemed by great mechanics on heroic (Malkorok for example), while others were just plain fun in general (Siegecrafter, Paragons, Thok)

Quality is better.

So basically you're asking us to discuss your opinion?

What spec are you? What role? 10 man or 25 man? heroic or normal mode? Progress or farm?

Too many things to ask.

As a dps, Horridon was fucking awesome. Dotting everything and aoeing to shit with a huge dinosaur in the middle was great. As a healer though i found it boring.

So what do i decide? Is Horridon good or bad? Well, both, in my opinion.

Rinse repeat this philosophy on every boss in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the lore also makes a boss feel special. I know it doesn't have anything to do with mechanics or anything, but I'd rather kill an DPS-Enrage boss who was somehow involved into the lore, than the most different, individual boss from any others where everybody has to do some nice mechanics...

So, for me the LichKing was the best encounter I've seen so far, there were nice mechanics, good movement required and a bad ass story which was building up from Warcraft3 to the point where he lies in front of you.

From the mechanics point of view, I really liked Vashj, RoS, Archimonde, Satharion, Putricide, Flagship (altho it was free loot), Siegecrafter, Thok and maybe Garrosh. (I've quitted raiding from LK kill until SoO so I cannot say anything for the bosses in between.)

I think the most annoying boss in the entire World of Warcraft is Immersus... those endless splits are just so annoying.. You can't even out-dps that mechanic.. horrible!

Deleted
    Very subjective. IMO, the bosses this expansion were better than any of past expansions, on average.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    Am I really the only one that liked faction champions?
    Nope, I liked it.

I just hate Sha of RNG as a healer. There's been several attempts where I've had 1 or even 0 Gifts and had to dispel, so my pride's gone up too far... There shouldn't be so much rng involved in a fight. In the entire SoO I've enjoyed protectors, norushen, galakras, dark shamans, siegecrafter, paragons and garrosh. That's 50%. Compared to the last tier in Cata, DS where I enjoyed every fight except for Ultraxxion, I'd say they aren't getting any better.

Deleted
    In my opinion (based on if I had fun or not, and not on sheer difficulty or complexity of the fight) :

TBC :

Awesome encounters : most encounters of karazhan, most encounters of SSC (except karatress), maghteridon, Kael thas, RoS, Illidan, the whole sunwell, the whole Zul Aman.
    Encounters I didn't like (as if playing on these encounters was, each time, a massive pain in the ass): /

WOTLK :

Awesome encounters : Naxx 2.0 (because I didn't clean it during vanilla), Sartharion, Malygos, Most bosses of ulduar (except trashs bosses like auriaya and kologarn), Sindragosa, the LK, Putricide.
    Encounters I didn't like: The whole ToC raid.

Cataclysm:

Awesome encounters : /
    Encounters I didn't like: The whole expansion pack.

MoP:

Awesome encounters : Elegon, the whole HoT.
    Encounters I didn't like: The whole heart of fear.

To be honest I have the feeling that it's becoming harder and harder for blizzard to come up with trully new encounters.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2014-05-22 at 10:52 AM.

I really dont get when people glorify boring or random bosses (random above some normal extend) with ton of mechanics.

Can somebody tell me what is so bad for having 1-3 oneshot mechanics, 1-2 fire on floor mechanics, tight enough berserk, adds and hard hits on tank?
    And NONE conctant raidwide AoE - people should not get damaged "just because healers look bored" give us hard hitting avoidable dmg (like 1/3 - 3/4 HP pool per hit).

My absolutely favourite boss encounter in MoP were heroic Spirit Kings. 1shot mechanics, people could easily wipe the raid by dpsing the bubble. Just like the old times. (Plus the tight enrage with 3 healers on 25man and a lot of coordination required.)

The main thing why I think MoP raiding is superior to the previous two expansions is because there was no "bad" raid tier.

WotLK: Decent, Decent, Horrible, Great.
    Cata: Atrocious, Decent, Decent.
    MoP: Decent, Great, Great.
    Fixed that for you.
    "Fixing" somebody elses opinion, to put t11, a raid tier that is in the top3 out of all the raids that were released the past 3 expansions, if not THE best raid tier the past 3 expansions.

Oh the irony.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2014-05-22 at 11:43 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Better as in they actually have more mechanics than fingers on one hand, or better in the sense that they are now rarely bugged and overtuned?

Rest is subjective.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Most are giant clusters of random abilities these days. More things to watch for doesn't make a fight better.

Yes, they are. Look back at Classic compared with today, and it's obvious they've gotten better.

As for more recent years, it's hard to say because that's more a matter of opinion and perspective. Personally, I think they are. While I'll agree Garalon was a Good / Bad boss depending on what difficulty you did him on, but overall I've found this expansion to have some pretty good bosses.

I hated Immersus, but loved Siegecrafter & Paragons, as well as Garrosh.