Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Damn I'm super jealous right now

Deleted
    Why is it alpha? Is the game really that far away from release? Wasn't there supposed to be a beta in March or April?

Hi /10char
    - He who moves first always wins -

10+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't gotten a Heroes of the Storm alpha, so I'm not too surprised I didn't get a WOD one either. D:
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Just in case anyone was wondering. I asked how we get in, if people who preordered the D.D.E. would be getting invites.
    There's always a chance, but it's not tied to preorders. It's based on need and opt-ins in part.
    https://twitter.com/Nethaera/status/474327917673971712

Been playing since '04. Every time a beta rolls around, I keep thinking 'this could be my time'. So far... nope.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmode View Post
    Why is it alpha? Is the game really that far away from release? Wasn't there supposed to be a beta in March or April?
    Celestalon said the distinction is pointless. It's a public alpha - it may as well be 'beta' as far as they're concerned.

There was not supposed to be a beta in march or april, no?

Reporting for duty.

7+ Year Old Account
    And the fun begins!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as that Finalboss guy get's to have fun because he's ghostly.. well... I feel cheated. Wow doesn't need publicity. That doesn't mean that I have to get a key but at least give it to people that know what they're doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Celestalon said the distinction is pointless. It's a public alpha - it may as well be 'beta' as far as they're concerned.

Boubouille heavily hinted that a beta would happen in March, way back at the end of February. Something must have slowed development down. I'm also curious why if the distinction is pointless that they don't just call it a beta to clear up confusion. When I see the word alpha I think of a game that is at least a year from being released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    As long as that Finalboss guy get's to have fun because he's ghostly.. well... I feel cheated. Wow doesn't need publicity. That doesn't mean that I have to get a key but at least give it to people that know what they're doing.
    He's kinda an idiot. Falls off cliff and can't figure out how to swim around the ledge...

I really hope we have higher quality beta testers.

Is anyone else able to see one of the Alpha forums on the official forums? I'm not in Alpha, so i'm kinda confused, heh.

put it this way, it's better than half the population doesn't get in. that way we don't hear about them crying about short content.

i got in but, im only in it for Enhancement PvP. im downloading the alpha now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

I think you mean an Alpha with no NDA or a fairly lenient one. Public alpha would indicate anyone could download it.

So no worries still plenty of time and chances!

got excited when i saw wod invites on the front page since i have the pax east key for closed beta, but instantly got disappointed when i saw it was just friends and fam alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    After subbing and regularly playing for almost 10 years, I've never got into a closed beta despite my active play at decent levels of pvp and pve as well as community involvements. I don't expect an invite to beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

So no worries still plenty of time and chances!
    So every streamer is now "Friends & Family". Got it. BRB Buying webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    So every streamer is now "Friends & Family". Got it. BRB Buying webcam.
    I'm not a streamer ;o