Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I didn't get a beta invite for WoD I did get an Alpha for Heroes of the Storm. I wish we could trade them.
    Because the beta invites aint started yet? That might explain why you didnt get one :P its only alpha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SatoriUK View Post
    Woah steady on, you're incredibly hostile for such a small vented opinion. You're wrong but right. There is also people in media that have been given the keys, and if you're friends with them you will get a key too - it's a very broken system because you can easily retrieve an invite even if you're not a close friend with them.

That's exactly what I'm saying, a lot of Methods players are incredibly skilled and of the equal skill to Spark, why didn't they get the invite too? You need to [Settle Down, Bro].
    See, and here I thought you were the hostile and whiny one lol
    Anyhow.. There's another aspect to be said.
    It is actually very desired for something tested, to be tested by what you could call the "dumbest expected user"...
    So all those people that stumble through the game, as you've criticized it earlier? Those are wanted there as much as the very good players. And they provide some very valuable input for the game developers.
    You will not be able to find the flaws a newbie faces, if you only have experts testing. The expert can't get down to the "knows nothing newbie" level anymore. There are game details hardwired in your brain, you don't even think about them anymore.

Just give it some time and wait for the beta to start, and maybe you're lucky..
    If not, the live version will come around too eventually.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one not caring whether I am in the Alpha/Beta testing or not? Don't see the point of "spoiling" all the content before it's released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Am I the only one not caring whether I am in the Alpha/Beta testing or not? Don't see the point of "spoiling" all the content before it's released.
    No, you certainly are not the only one.
    There's plenty of "who cares" posts in here already.

Myself.. If I get an invite, fine. I might try it out... If I don't, fine.. I got all the unspoiled experience at release.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If you truly were a highly skilled player (raider/pvp) you would be in the alpha.. at the latest in the beta as soon as it starts.
    Nah, you want a cross section of your playerbase. You definitely don't want to leave the stuff only idiots do untested, because that might break things the worst.

i got into the original wow beta(vanilla), and Catalysm. But times have changed, i believe mostly hardcore gamers get invites such as very known raiding guilds and people with influence in the gaming communities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SatoriUK View Post
    Woah steady on, you're incredibly hostile for such a small vented opinion. You're wrong but right. There is also people in media that have been given the keys, and if you're friends with them you will get a key too - it's a very broken system because you can easily retrieve an invite even if you're not a close friend with them.

That's exactly what I'm saying, a lot of Methods players are incredibly skilled and of the equal skill to Spark, why didn't they get the invite too? You need to [Settle Down, Bro].
    There's no reason to have raiders in an Alpha which has no raid content. Are they just going to jump around in circles in 1 zone? I'm sure they will be privately invited like in the past to test Dungeon content.

All in all you aren't missing much in the first round of alpha invites. Unless you are someone that really, really enjoys reporting bugs and helping Blizzard clean up the game.

hmm..anyone know of any ALLIANCE streamers? all..i see is horde, horde horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    hmm..anyone know of any ALLIANCE streamers? all..i see is horde, horde horde.
    Thats because only Horde side is available for testing currently, Shadowmoon isn't open to us yet

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be a club for those who don't want in. I've been in the last two betas and will sit this one out. MoP got off to a bad start for me personally by having to level yet again after doing it too many times on beta during the testing. So, not going to participate this time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Thats because only Horde side is available for testing currently, Shadowmoon isn't open to us yet
    should..have figured >.< thanks anyhow..

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    My thought process, this is the time you get to enjoy the content and fully test it if you're a hardcore raider. Personally I've never been able to actually enjoy the expansion until well after it's been launched and I'm able to go back through with an alt since I'm trying to push to max level so I can be raid ready by week two.

Fingers crossed that I'll get in, Towel is our MT so maybe, just maybe, we'll get in to get him to come back to WoW with the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I get an invite cool, however it may ruin some of the live experience for me. Part of me hopes I get an invite, the other part not so much. I'm in heroes of the storm alpha and honestly that's a different thing all together. Granted I've gotten kinda bored of it sitting at level 40.

Didn't wanna start a new thread about almost the same thing, but let me share my 2c on this topic with you:

I'm not in Alpha/Beta, and I really don't want to be. I don't want to create characters that will be deleted later, see unfinished quests and deal with buggy content.

I am however VERY happy that public testing has started, because that's the indication of the final release getting closer. Also, there are plenty of people who seem to be able to cover what's currently available in Alpha/Beta in a nice and tasteful way that doesn't make me want to projectile vomit.

More power to them I say. I'll just fire up my browser and watch those YouTube videos, seriously.

to those that want alpha, are you bored of running the same content for the next few months, just to have something else to play?
    or do you really actually wanna find bugs, glitches, and all that good stuff.
    because if you want to play it just to play it you're better off waiting.

my friend just told me that he got an alpha invite. i'm pissed cause he doesn't even play anymore. he's been subbed but he has only played maybe 10 times since 5.4 came out. why can't they give invites out to those that are actually still playing. i'm even the type that would go in to test and report bugs...he isn't. he would just use it as early access.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2014-06-14 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".