Computer won't play music or video, need help.

My computer will not play any kind of media. Videos will not work at all, but it is not just a connection issue. I tried playing videos on Windows Media Player I have, completely offline, but they wouldn't work either. Music from WMP does not play either. Initially, I thought it was an issue with chrome, so I cleared my browsing data and cache and restarted my computer. I tried again but this time it worked after a delay of a few minutes, however, the problem came up again 10 minutes later. I do not know what to do, as for once, google does not have the answers. I scanned my computer and found no harmful software. The only thing that changed in between when it was working and when it stopped working was I downloaded drivers for my Logitech headset as well as the Logitech software.

Resolved
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2014-06-02 at 06:59 AM.

What happens when you use WMP? Is there an error of any kind? or does it just look like it's playing on mute?

What headset do you have?

Try and uninstall the logitech software, that may or may not fix something. My logitech keyboard starting acting strange after I installed the latest software for it(fresh windows install) and I removed it and it went back to normal, so I think something may just be recently broken with them.

I've never had a headset that needed me to install drivers, though, so I've got no clue what that entails. It might be possible that it's interfering with your motherboard sound drivers.

It seems to me like your video/sound drivers are probably not working correctly due to a problem during install, a corrupted file, or interference from multiple drivers that are conflicting with each other.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-06-02 at 06:49 AM.

WMP doesn't respone, forcing me to use task manager to end the program. It's not that the videos are muted, in the WMP case, they don't play, and in my browser, they don't load, and if they do, they buffer but can't play. I have Logitech 430's, it's a usb headset. I installed the drivers because my microphone was not working, granted, it STILL isn't, but that's another problem....

Definitely the first thing to try is to revert that driver and uninstall the logitech software and see if that fixes things. My gut feeling is it is the driver causing the issue but it also could be the software. Let us know how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    WMP doesn't respone, forcing me to use task manager to end the program. It's not that the videos are muted, in the WMP case, they don't play, and in my browser, they don't load, and if they do, they buffer but can't play. I have Logitech 430's, it's a usb headset. I installed the drivers because my microphone was not working, granted, it STILL isn't, but that's another problem....
    Go into programs and uninstall Logitech Gaming Software, I don't see anything else you can download for them other than that. Are you using on-board sound? Do you have the correct drivers installed for it? There should be a manager that came with it, like the one I'm using has Realtek HD Audio Manager. Something is conflicting and your headset might also be plugged into the wrong ports.

Are you using the USB adapter or are your headset/mic plugged into your motherboard? If you're using the adapter, try and plug them both in instead. If they're both plugged in, try and use the USB adapter instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    Definitely the first thing to try is to revert that driver and uninstall the logitech software and see if that fixes things. My gut feeling is it is the driver causing the issue but it also could be the software. Let us know how that goes.
    Uninstalled the drivers and it works perfectly now, thank you. I didn't think something like that could mess my computer up so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Go into programs and uninstall Logitech Gaming Software, I don't see anything else you can download for them other than that. Are you using on-board sound? Do you have the correct drivers installed for it? There should be a manager that came with it, like the one I'm using has Realtek HD Audio Manager. Something is conflicting and your headset might also be plugged into the wrong ports.

Are you using the USB adapter or are your headset/mic plugged into your motherboard? If you're using the adapter, try and plug them both in instead. If they're both plugged in, try and use the USB adapter instead.
    For what it's worth, I was using the usb adapter, the logitech software would not acknowledge it otherwise.

Uninstalled the drivers and it works perfectly now, thank you. I didn't think something like that could mess my computer up so much.
    Yeah, uninstalling the Logitech Gaming Software is what fixed my keyboard issues, I think they messed something up with the latest version and it's really causing problems.

Good to hear that fixed it, don't bother with them again, you don't really need them, especially for a headset. Is your microphone working?

For what it's worth, I was using the usb adapter, the logitech software would not acknowledge it otherwise.
    Ah, alright. Like I said, if your motherboard on-board sound drivers came with a manager, all you'd need to do is plug it in, and it'd ask to confirm what it was and what you'd like to use it as. So you'd just select speaker, then you'd plug the mic in and it'll do the same, and you just select microphone.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-06-02 at 07:05 AM.

Is your microphone working?
    Nope. Tried everything earlier today, and after what happened, probably just gonna have to stick with my integrated mic.

Nope. Tried everything earlier today, and after what happened, probably just gonna have to stick with my integrated mic.
    You've already tried going into Sound>Recording and made sure the correct thing was select as your default device, right? Or you could try type in microphone and click "Set up a microphone" and see if that does you any good.

If nothing works, the mic might just be faulty or something.

You've already tried going into Sound>Recording and made sure the correct thing was select as your default device, right? Or you could try type in microphone and click "Set up a microphone" and see if that does you any good.

If nothing works, the mic might just be faulty or something.
    Tried everything under the sun.