Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would prefer it that even Achievments / Pets / Mounts weren't account wide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamzy View Post
    I would prefer it that even Achievments / Pets / Mounts weren't account wide.
    Speaking as someone who played in that era (player since 2005), I can honestly say that it was miserable. I mean..miserable. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Speaking as someone who played in that era (player since 2005), I can honestly say that it was miserable. I mean..miserable. Just awful.
    That's your opinion. I preferred having my toons be completely separate.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    The sooner everything is account wide the better. Anyone who says otherwise is living in an era of WoW that has long since passed.
    I agree with this. I especially want all the wins in a pvp bg added up over all my toons for that 100 win achieve...(same with wintergrasp wins...100 wins on a char that never did WOTLK is just bad....bad!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really seen getting rep as that big of a deal really... Gives me something to work on a bit sometimes when I don't feel like much else.

I have to say I don't really understand the whining about things being made "too easy" and whatnot...until it comes to achievements, etc someone might not want to have to be bothered with more than once, removing those challenges ok. hmm

I still have to do the ones for the insane title individually. Like actual insanity. But I don't mind really.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-06-03 at 03:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Try getting exalted with the Warsong Gulch faction of your chosen side more than once now.

This reputation grind right now is probably the most difficult one in the game to get to exalted. It has been made much harder too over the years with the removal of daily BG quests and reputation marks.

I've done it on Horde and Alliance that existed since BC and I'd never want to grind it under current conditions on a brand new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    No.
    your character is a unique entity within the world. Each one should have to build up the reputation like they do already.
    Just as in real life your reputation with some one and their respect for you is built up over time. After all this is a MMO(Role)PG Not a MMO(account)game.

Re-rolling to another class should have its disadvantages.
    All of my multiple personalities share one single reputation throughout the world. My wow toons should be no different. I don't want to grind Ogri'La rep on all my toons.

The disadvantage of re-rolling is re-rolling. Level 1, all new skills, professions starting from scratch, and so on.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." --Oscar Gamble 79 Yankees

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for EVERYTHING going 100% account bound. All achievements should be cumulative, just like the the HK achievement and the new "Going To Need A Bigger Bag" achievment. Everything = including reps. It's pointless. EVEN PvP TITLES. I don't care that I got to a certain point on one character. All those titles/chieves say is that I'm that good, not that I'm that good (but only on one char). That is dumb.

To anyone that says otherwise, the RP servers are that way ----->
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what would be even cooler? Account bound professions.

I mean seriously you level one profession to 600 and want another 600 tailor, alchemist, enchanter or whatever? Boom, you have the achievement and you reroll on another server boom 600 enchanter, 600 jewelcrafter.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Transmute items would drop in price a ton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    Why do you need to have exalted with old reputations when you reroll?
    Because it effects achievement progress when Blizzard decide to implement more reputation achievements such as "become exalted with 70 reputations". I've recently gone back to my Moonkin as a main and I'm having to grind every single day all TBC dungeons, all WotLK dungeons, fishing dailies, cooking dailies, Argent Tournament dailies and I haven't even started on Netherwing or Org'rila rep. It's going to take me a good 6months, if not more of grinding every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I can see why Blizzard doesn't want them account wide.

Though they could probably make them account wide for most older reputations (ie prior to current content). Especially the BG reps, fuck those goddamn things.

Some would be very weird though, like Scryers vs Aldor or Oracles vs Frenzyheart. They'd have to stay character level.
    This cannot be stressed enough.

Reputations take so much time farming, hundreds of hours. I think its extremely unfair how, if someone decides to main switch after 7 years, I have to completely start over with reputations. Especially how they dont accumulate for the Exalted achievement.

Does anyone else feel reputations should be account wide like titles and mounts?
    How is that Unfair.

You are starting a NEW character.

Stay Pleb.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    You know what would be even cooler? Account bound professions.
    Cooking, fishing, arch, first-friggin-aid.

seriously though. Fuck fishing.

AND WHO THOUGHT THAT 500+ BANDAGE ACHIEVEMENTS WERE A GOOD IDEA. I love how they have it, then they nerf the crap out of the drop rate of all the crap that you need. Jesus.
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look if it was a few expansions ago, I would say that was an absurd lazy idea. I don't agree though to have the rep account bound completely, as it takes away and replay value of another character. But if they gave a 100% rep gain account wide on all reputations that are exalted on one character, then atleast it would speed up the grind, and still add the sense of accomplishment on a certain character.

My two cents

I'd love account wide rep, Justicar is a pain in the ass to grind as Alliance and I pretty much gave up maxing that rep out since I now mostly play Horde and that character is Alliance, and Alli pvp this expansion...>.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind them being the way they currently are, I just wish as soon as you got Exalted with a faction on one character, you had some sort of faster way of gaining the reputation, maybe a tabard like what was done in Cataclysm? Or how they do it with Mists instances?

Reputations take so much time farming, hundreds of hours. I think its extremely unfair how, if someone decides to main switch after 7 years, I have to completely start over with reputations. Especially how they dont accumulate for the Exalted achievement.

Does anyone else feel reputations should be account wide like titles and mounts?
    No, what is the point of alts then? Blizz would give you that and then you come back to the forums and say "There's not enough content in the game, I have 10 alts and they are exalted with everything".

Reputations shouldn't be as big of a deal now, only the Shado Pan Assault and Emporer Shao for certain not BOA pieces of loot.

And you can't become exalted with the same faction on 2 toons and expect to get 2 credits for "The Exalted" Achievement. The exalted credits should still tick across on your alt however so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I am a unique entity on the planet earth. I shouldn't have to do things more than once.
    so you should only take one breath, blink your eyes once, Go to school once, Go to work once, Pay your tax's once ? Talk to people once for them to trust you ?

Having to start at level 1 with no gear or professions is the disadvantage.
    you can buy with gold a decent set of leveling gear, Professions are irrelevant before the level cap your aiming for, at which point they become relatively painless to level up.

Grinding the same rep on multiple characters is pointless. This isn't real life.
    Exactly, it is not real life, it is a MMORPG. IE you play the role of a specific character within a fictional world. Each character IN GAME is a different person, this can be see by them being any of the various races, both genders, and that each one has a unique name, and as in real life each of these unique characters should have to take the time to increase their reputations with people.

In real life you only have to earn reputation ONCE, and if you have multiple characters in your real life then you might have multiple personality disorder.
    WoW is not real life, and as such characters don't have personality disorders.

I would like it if it were.

At the very least, have championing unlocked across the account when you cap a rep.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    How is that Unfair.

You are starting a NEW character.

Stay Pleb.
    Yet stuff like HKz are account wide and achievements, I don't see your point here. I see no reason for Blizzard to not make old reputations account wide, some of which are unobtainable now.

I would be happy if Blizzard just gave me credit across my characters for all reputations I got to exalted just so I can get the next reputation achievement that will inevitably come in WoD.

I also love how people feel the need to insult other people because they don't share the same mindset, it's one of the many reasons why I love reading forum discussions.