Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I'm confused, the model they showed had different coloured eyes but where have they said you won't be able to change them?

Is this just another example of someone bitching with virtually no information making themselves look silly?
    "... we don't currently plan to force a character re-customization on everybody when this comes out. The idea is that "oh yeah, this very much feels like my character I've been playing for years" if you want to change that you can use our character recustomization service or you can go to the barbershop and pay some gold to change your hair or whatever it is."

Tom Chilton said this, atm (it might well be changed) you will need to pay if you are unsatisfied with the changes.

If they do happen to change the eye colors and your eye color is so important to you that you cannot play your character without the correct eye color, just use the old model slider, that's what it is there for. But this is mostly worst case scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimente1 View Post
    If they do happen to change the eye colors and your eye color is so important to you that you cannot play your character without the correct eye color, just use the old model slider, that's what it is there for. But this is mostly worst case scenario.
    What you're saying is very true and I'm guessing this is what some people will have to do this if they feel so strongly. However this begs the question how hard is it just to update "eye colour 3 = purple to updated eye colour 3 = purple"?

Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    2013: WE WANT NEW MODELS, FFS BLIZZARD WHY WON'T YOU UPDATE OUR OLD SHITTY LOOKING MODELS?!!?!
    2014: I DON'T WANT THINGS TO CHANGE, WHEEEEH.

Seriously, what the fuck?
    I want what they promised, new models that maintained the originality, so people didn't have to worry about changes that make your character look like someone else.

Purple eyes changed to green, seriouslt, I hate green, so what the fuck? I had those purple eyes for 8 years. Why can't they fucking be purple?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alimente1 View Post
    I want my purple eyes, I don't pay Blizzard for 7 years.. to screw my character eyes over because they figured out they wanted Gnomes to NOT have purple eyes anymore.. after 10 years! WTF!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    What you're saying is very true and I'm guessing this is what some people will have to do this if they feel so strongly. However this begs the question how hard is it just to update "eye colour 3 = purple to updated eye colour 3 = purple"?
    Why do people presume this is not the case anyway? Just because they've shown a different face on the updated model, doesn't mean it's the same character (contrary being more likely). Maybe they just used only a vaguely similiar character instead of the same one. Maybe they don't have the system for swapping old models for new ones in place yet and so had to use 2 characters in 2 different model viewing tools... It's a very early preview - and mind you, I'm not talking about the models themselves, I'm talking about the dual-model system...

See you in about 6 months when your complaints might have some kind of foundation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Re-read the post, purple eyes are gone. Green eyes is now green.

What if your character had blond hair? And they changed it to black, and they removed option to have blond hair? Would that be fine?
    Yes because it doesn't make my toon kill things any faster or slower . If your looking at your toon your not playing the game

And there is the option to play with your old model as well ( as seen by you ) so nothing to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    See you in about 6 months when your complaints might have some kind of foundation.
    Played the game on Dreamhack 2013, saw.. and the problem is there.. when they talked about the new models you could play, they say they we're done with them and that's why they are in the game. There wasn't going to be any work done on them as they move on to new models.

Process > Artist works on models, design them properly and go over it with team, they confirm it's done > ships to animators > animators complete their animations > models added to game. - continue works on other works.

Designers don't go back to design on them again, when they are done, they are done, they move on, money is time, time is money.
    They have a lot of work to do with 12 races, why would they care if male Gnomes doesn't have purple eyes anymore.

Who cares?
    i do!

...... get it
    Last edited by Master Po; 2014-06-04 at 09:25 AM.

Do you think their working progress is to jump back and forward? No.

They work on something, they get it done, then they move on - they don't go back, once the model is complete, it's sent to the animators.

Please, don't give me that crap about beta alpha as that is around gameplay changes and not serious changes like model work as that's a different process.

Just look!
    I'm sorry, do you not realize that a patch is exactly that? You really can't complain yet, we don't even know if they had to choose that color because they're working on the other one still. If we get into beta and the colors and everything are still messed up then by all means complain and get it fixed. For now, this could just be different options that we haven't seen yet.

Exactly!

I just want my purple eyes I had for 7 years to be purple, don't --- change my character!
    So when WoD comes out choose to see your old mode and guess what? They --- won't change your character!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    so we´re going to pretend that the beard is the same in both pictures?
    Laughed at this for way longer than I should have haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I'm sorry, do you not realize that a patch is exactly that? You really can't complain yet, we don't even know if they had to choose that color because they're working on the other one still. If we get into beta and the colors and everything are still messed up then by all means complain and get it fixed. For now, this could just be different options that we haven't seen yet.
    Played the game on Dreamhack 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the OP has a legitimate complaint.

The least Blizzard can do if they're that retardedly greedy that they won't give people a free appearance change when the ENTIRE MODELS ARE REDONE is, I stress, at LEAST match people up with the most similar-looking new model - it's not that hard to pull off.

To be fair, at the moment it literally looks as if they're actively trying to get as many people to pay for an appearance change as possible. I'm presuming that's not true, but I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

So you said. Assuming you are even telling the truth and assuming the person who told you that they were totally complete had their information correct, you played a build a month after Blizzcon. A lot has likely changed since then. Besides, eye-color would have nothing to do with the animators, the art team could easily swap the color and it wouldn't interfere with animations, not sure why you think it would.

Deleted
    The release version? No? Thought so.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    2013: WE WANT NEW MODELS, FFS BLIZZARD WHY WON'T YOU UPDATE OUR OLD SHITTY LOOKING MODELS?!!?!
    2014: I DON'T WANT THINGS TO CHANGE, WHEEEEH.

Seriously, what the fuck?
    Yeah exactly this all the complaints of we want new updated swish looking models.. Now it is the oh no I don't like the look of the new models I hate them blah blah blah..

Wonder what next they people will complain about maybe the way their toilet don't flush the way it used to in their old house or something stupid like that..

you sure have a big problems..

Your avatar is literally a gnome with green eyes in a thread where you are spouting off entirely about hating green. What are you...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually facepalming IRL. First off, I don't see any major differences. Second off, it's still alpha/beta. Third off... be happy you even get a fucking model update and if you don't like it, you're free to turn it off in the interface fucking christ.

Now I'm starting to get how people are feeling. Everyone complains about everything and it's never good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Wow people will really freak out about anything.
    I wonder how many actually zoom in and stare at the useless pixels all day long
    I've never felt a need to stare at my characters butt. And I was playing at max zoom distance, in shadow form on my main.. The avatar is just a means to an end, it's not you.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    "... we don't currently plan to force a character re-customization on everybody when this comes out. The idea is that "oh yeah, this very much feels like my character I've been playing for years" if you want to change that you can use our character recustomization service or you can go to the barbershop and pay some gold to change your hair or whatever it is."

Tom Chilton said this, atm (it might well be changed) you will need to pay if you are unsatisfied with the changes.
    OK, but that still doesn't change the fact that we have no idea how they'll do this.

Let me put it this way, imagine that they showed as an example just the female dwarf.

Would it be right for me to assume that because of this there are no male dwarves?

This is essentially what the OP has done, taken a screen shot where they show a quick before and after and jumped to the conclusion that the one example shown is the only possible way things can look....and that's silly.

Now I'm not saying there will be other eye colours, there might just be green and in that case the OP is right to complain but without all the information and just a few examples we really have no idea, which makes this a bit premature.