Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some people will literally complain about -anything-.

Deleted
    The QQ is strong

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Do you think their working progress is to jump back and forward? No.

They work on something, they get it done, then they move on - they don't go back, once the model is complete, it's sent to the animators.

Please, don't give me that crap about beta alpha as that is around gameplay changes and not serious changes like model work as that's a different process.

Just look!
    As a game-artist I can tell you with 100% certainty: when a model has been animated, it's more than possible to update the textures.

I thought about it a bit more ... and now I'm changing my stance to OP's side.

Here is my old and alleged new orc faces.

I specifically chose the face I chose for RP and aesthetic design reasons and now I have a different character. You say we can use the older models, but why should we suffer because of Blizzard's inconsistencies? You also say it's alpha, but this really is the kind of thing that Blizzard will let live if a fuss isn't made and the OP is mostly correct about the design process because it's fairly industry standard.

They changed Queen Azshara's colour palette because of community bitching, surely they can correct our eye colours.

I'm with you on this one, OP. Let's unleash Hell on Blizzard. Let's set fire to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    So, when in a future build they change the texture to its final, non-WIP version with pink eyes, you'll come here to tell us how they listened to you?
    When it happens, he's so delusional he'll think it's because of him, I guarantee it.

Blizzard lied, retain originality? No necessity for appearance change? Lying Again! Being forced to have to pay for appearance change.

1. Last face selection for Gnome male has no wrinkels, seem to be the youngest of them all.
      Guess what, after model update, this Gnome will have more wrinkels than some others and will not look young at all.
    2. Your Gnome has purple eyes? Guess again!

So how can they say they keep the originality?
    So how can they say there is no need for free appearance change when they change a now-young Gnome into a older Gnome face?
    .. They change eye color from purple to green, for what purpose? Why?

I love my purple-pink Gnome eyes! Why they have to change it? Want me to be forced to use old models because they felt a sudden change of heart with staying true to the ORIGINALITY of their appearance so.. we wouldn't be upset???

\\Wowhead tool used as they claim it shows your character will look like in #WoD, btw (don't say - this is alpha crap, as they are done with the Gnome model and working on others, they don't go back... they never do!)

- - - Updated - - -

They might as well just go work on the human model and say, oh you like your blond hair now? Wait for #WoD, we will change it to brown and remove any blond hair options, no blond hair! HAPPY NEWS! no purple eyes.. they just removed them.. *****!!!

Ok, just wanted to say ... holy crap ... go outside, fresh air etc.

You need to understand that they don't sit around working on Gnomes or going back to Gnomes model all day to check for errors or wrong doings, and such. They got better things to do.
    Wrong. They stated that they will do a final sweep after they're done with the main task of creating the models and animating the,.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Again, do you work for Blizzard? Did you and Blizzard release a statement that said the gnome models were 100% complete? No and no, right?
    What op is complaining about is a none issue for me, but I have to ask.

Blizzard releasing a statement that something is 100% complete is in your opinion the benchmark for when we can be upset and complain about the development process? Correct me if I got it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by cataclismicsunrise View Post
    i specifically chose the face i chose for rp and aesthetic design reasons and now i have a different character. You say we can use the older models, but why should we suffer because of blizzard's inconsistencies? You also say it's alpha, but this really is the kind of thing that blizzard will let live if a fuss isn't made and the op is mostly correct about the design process because it's fairly industry standard.

They changed queen azshara's colour palette because of community bitching, surely they can correct our eye colours.

I'm with you on this one, op. Let's unleash hell on blizzard. Let's set fire to tears.
    how the fuck do you people have access to the beta or release client of wod. I just don"t fucking get it...

If I don't talk about my Gnome face now loses his purple eyes when 6.0 goes live? When will I talk about it?
    It's now they are working on the models.

And clearly no one but me and few others think this concern should be raised before it goes live (WHEN THEY DON'T EVER CHANGE THINGS) if it's not game breaking or concern 12 races vs. 1 race, 1 gender, 1 face.

Purple and green is two very different colors.
    I had purple for 7 years!

Heck, there is only 1 purple eyes and why should I be happy with anything else when paying for 7 years? I never wanted them to change my god damn colors.

I wanted them to update the models! NOT CHANGE EYE COLORS!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is from the official website of Blizzard.

Would they show a model that is going to change there? No.
    That is the face #1 on live servers with purple eyes.
    Now it has green eyes.
    ... DUDE. You're not listening to what people have been telling you for six pages. In no way at all does Blizzard's model viewer indicate that your gnome is going to have the wrong color eyes. That page exists to show off the new high res models and some of the things they're capable of, not to be an exact replica of your character. If your character has purple eyes now, it very likely will in WoD either. We've seen nothing to indicate otherwise. You're freaking out over nothing, seriously.

Nobody lied to you, and you're not forced to pay for character customization, but you can always choose to if you don't like your character's looks after the change. Calm down, seriously. Being this upset over a demo image cannot be healthy.

If I don't talk about my Gnome face now loses his purple eyes when 6.0 goes live? When will I talk about it?

And clearly no one but me and few others think this concern should be raised before it goes live (WHEN THEY DON'T EVER CHANGE THINGS) if it's not game breaking or concern 12 races vs. 1 race, 1 gender, 1 face.

Heck, there is only 1 purple eyes and why should I be happy with anything else when paying for 7 years? I never wanted them to change my god damn colors.

If you're really that concerned about it, mention it to them and hope for the best ... but to come to a fansite and claim that you were lied to (and multiple times at that!) is not really a great way to express your concern tbh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    What op is complaining about is a none issue for me, but I have to ask.

Blizzard releasing a statement that something is 100% complete is in your opinion the benchmark for when we can be upset and complain about the development process? Correct me if I got it wrong.
    Pretty much yes. At the moment all we have is the updated model. They didn't release the other features because the characters are in Alpha. If they say they won't add more features, I'd be upset yes. As long as they didn't even release the other options for faces and they said they WILL HAVE different faces, there's no fucking reason to be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Pretty much yes. At the moment all we have is the updated model. They didn't release the other features because the characters are in Alpha. If they say they won't add more features, I'd be upset yes. As long as they didn't even release the other options for faces and they said they WILL HAVE different faces, there's no fucking reason to be upset.
    Then it would be to late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

We have alpha, beta, and then even until long after live for it to be fixed. Eyes are a part of the texture, and turning them into purple is literally a recolour job. They could do it in alpha, they could do it in beta, and they could do it without problem, even after WoD release, if it's still a problem by then.

But it isn't even Alpha. Warlords of Draenor isn't even in a presentable state for the player base to play through, aside from sneak teases at special events which don't count. You can bet your pooper that it isn't finished yet. So stop overreacting.

Don't like it? Turn off the HD models in your settings, DONE. No need to complain because you'll look EXACTLY like before, so don't worry about it. Also you probably shouldn't judge the models before the beta is out and even then they are subject to change and improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet finished afaik, unless you know something concrete that the rest of us don't?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

You don't have to wait for live but how about waiting for beta, which is their public release version for player testing? The alpha client isn't for public player testing, that's why they don't invite players into it. Obviously you don't get that. You also don't seem to understand that if there ends up being a glaring mistake there is nothing stopping them from going back and fixing it. There is nothing saying that they throw that model into a read-only file and it's said and done. They can always go back, especially for something incredibly simple like a palette swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did, do you know what his response was?
    Was his response "Sorry, purple eyes are gone forever. We decided to remove them. Please choose new eyes, thanks!" because if so, please link the tweet/his reply and you'll actually have some validity.

Listen - I also love gnomes and have my own worries about these upgraded ones (getting used to the perma-smile, for example). But I don't make topics screaming LIAR LIAR BLIZZARD LIED DIRTY LIARS because there's a change or something missing. Nor do I make topics in which I try to describe the specifics of their process unless they have posted those specifics somewhere themselves.

Warlords is in alpha, which is a polite way of saying "incomplete, buggy clusterfuck mess that vaguely resembles the expansion we're working on" - it is not even in beta, which is still very much in 'imcomplete buggy clusterfuck' mode. Meaning, there is NOTHING about it that is considered done.

The new race models that are included in the last build still have a number of bugs, things like clipping teeth or textures that don't wrap correctly. That means - surprise - that they are NOT YET COMPLETE. They are not going to ship Warlords with race models that chew through their own faces, or have eyes that disappear during casting animations. They are not. done. yet. Why that is so hard for you to grasp, I don't know. Maybe you're just trolling.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But it isn't even Alpha. Warlords of Draenor isn't even in a presentable state for the player base to play through, aside from sneak teases at special events which don't count. You can bet your pooper that it isn't finished yet. So stop overreacting.
    So what was with all the fuss you made about the night elf models, hmmmm? HMMMMM???!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, they LIE and they HATE YOU and they HATE your class and HATE your race. Sure. Why are people compelled to use these words and take such an offensive stance when something isn't to their liking?