Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think servitude will need work, especially the Abyssal. I hope if they buff the demons, that they put that increase into the talent itself. I absolutely do NOT want to go back to Cata days were the Doomguard was doing insane numbers. So boring.

I also would like it if Chaos Wave became worthwhile to cast. Did anyone test on beta how HoG weaving works? Same as live still? And on that note, (maybe this got answered in a tweet months ago and I forget) is Doom snapshotting Meta? Either way I still think they should change Doom to be 6 ticks over 60 seconds (1 per 10) so that it can benefit from 10s procs.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

What if Demonology had a mini 'Annihilan' with Demonic Servitude replacing Infernal so can have Felguard/Wrathguard utility while keeping our unique pet?

Axe Toss, Fel-storm/ Wrath-storm, Immolation Aura, Cleave.
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Just for interest's sake: (Iron Juggernaut)

A full 10k DPS(a) below my trusty observer.

So yeah, some serious rebalancing / re-evaluation required (which will certainly be the case, since it's early alpha) to make Demonic Servitude at least useful.
    Are you serious? your terrorguard stayed for only 1min , and the observer for the whole fight, he does more damage over 1min. It's just that his damage might be 5 or 10% higher than the observer.and the other 100 talents gives more than 5 or 10% demons damage , so yeah it needs rebalancing but not in the way you said it.

The coolest thing about Cataclysm for me is the ability to put doom on multiple targets for no Fury cost. Can see that being really strong in some fights.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    The coolest thing about Cataclysm for me is the ability to put doom on multiple targets for no Fury cost. Can see that being really strong in some fights.
    Looking at the video, it's definitely not free

Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    Are you serious? your terrorguard stayed for only 1min , and the observer for the whole fight, he does more damage over 1min. It's just that his damage might be 5 or 10% higher than the observer.and the other 100 talents gives more than 5 or 10% demons damage , so yeah it needs rebalancing but not in the way you said it.
    DPS(a) = active DPS = DPS that the said actor did during the time that it was active. The Terrorguard did 30k DPS over his activity time, while the observer did 40k. The last column shows effective DPS, which is DPS over the course of the whole fight.

If you would like to see the comparison between the two while the Doomguard is active only (which is during the pull with bloodlust, even bigger difference since guardians don't benefit from bloodlust):

The first column again shows DPS(a) and the 2nd DPS(e). Finally, comparing the observer's DPS outside of bloodlust (that is, completely ignoring bloodlust in the calculation), he still does 3-5k DPS more than the doomguard. Which means that for the talent to be anywhere near viable, they at least need to benefit from bloodlust (which they probably will) and/or have other interesting/niche uses which makes servitude actually useful in some situations.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2014-06-07 at 05:48 PM.

Demonic Servitude might need a large amount of changes. It completely removes the infernals impact damage. They should just give us two new demons and keep those two as guardians.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

DPS(a) = active DPS = DPS that the said actor did during the time that it was active. The Terrorguard did 30k DPS over his activity time, while the observer did 40k. The last column shows effective DPS, which is DPS over the course of the whole fight.
    Try the pets on dummy you will see that the terrorguard does more damage ( it's not great but it's like 5k more dps , i tried just now : observer did 26687 and the terrorguard did 32990 dps ) . you need to look when they are active together ( if you know how to look in logs you take the first 1min in the fight if you summon him at the pull )

Try the pets on dummy you will see that the terrorguard does more damage ( it's not great but it's like 5k more dps , i tried just now : observer did 26687 and the terrorguard did 32990 dps ) . you need to look when they are active together ( if you know how to look in logs you take the first 1min in the fight if you summon him at the pull )
    That's exactly what I've linked in the 2nd screenshot, the time that they're active together. And that's exactly what active DPS means, DPS by actor during its active time, as in the first screenshot.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2014-06-07 at 05:53 PM.

That's exactly what I've linked in the 2nd screenshot, the time that they're active together. And that's exactly what active DPS means, DPS by actor during its active time, as in the first screenshot.
    I know what DPS(a) means. I'm just telling you that the active time of your observer in your screenshot had a lot of your procs that came after the first minute ( maybe you had only 1 or 2 trinket procs in the first minute, and 2 or 3 in the second minute, i don't know, that increase the DPS(a) ) in it and other boss factor. if you take a look to the first minute in your log you'll see that i'm right. The simplest thing to do is to test on dummy, the terrorguard does more damage, that's it.

I know what DPS(a) means. I'm just telling you that the active time of your observer in your screenshot had a lot of your procs that came after the first minute ( maybe you had only 1 or 2 trinket procs in the first minute, and 2 or 3 in the second minute, i don't know, that increase the DPS(a) ) in it and other boss factor. if you take a look to the first minute in your log you'll see that i'm right. The simplest thing to do is to test on dummy, the terrorguard does more damage, that's it.
    On your dummy test, do you send the observer to attack and then call the doomguard, and then wait for the 1 minute to pass and compare the DPS? Or how would you do it.

So how hard is cataclysm really hitting?

On your dummy test, do you send the observer to attack and then call the doomguard, and then wait for the 1 minute to pass and compare the DPS? Or how would you do it.
    I'm just in front of the dummy, not in range, and then i summon the terroguard and both pets start the fight at the same time. ( i'm spec demonology ).
    All this to say that i totally agree with you with the state of GoServ, the pets are far from doing effective damage, for the moment it's a talent that gives you new pet skin with the same damage ( 5k dps in mop will be nothing in wod ), it's not a dps loss either.
    Last edited by kornoth; 2014-06-07 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not fully understanding demon bolt, is it simply just a hard hitting spell that you cast while in meta that eats through your fury quickly? Or are you only supposed to use it like one time at max fury and save the fury proc.

Would like a little detail if anyone can accurately provide it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    I am not fully understanding demon bolt, is it simply just a hard hitting spell that you cast while in meta that eats through your fury quickly? Or are you only supposed to use it like one time at max fury and save the fury proc.

As far as I can tell, it will always ensure that you have fury for anything when you need it, provided you cast it once at around maximum fury.
    (When you are that high on fury you generally have enough fury for the whole proc + should you empty your reserves you'll get the refund anyway)

There are occasions when chain casting Meta Soul-fires drains your fury reserves quicker than your proc duration, and as of such: it might be useful if you exhaust your fury for something: (eg. movement in the current WoD or IA for a short-lived pack).

As well as using Immolation Aura: eg. you empty your fury bar at a randomly-timed pack, you fall below low-threshold and get the refund, and can meta immediately should you get a proc after exhausting your pre-refund reserves.

The clunkiness is that you always have to exhaust your fury for refund before casting the next Demon Bolt, ensuring you only cast it once for maximum damage per fury.

The short version is it may 'extend' your fury reserves up by 33%, providing more reserves for chain fury usage.
    Last edited by Nighthaven-; 2014-06-08 at 11:04 AM.
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

10+ Year Old Account
    Multistrike will not generate any demonic fury.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...23983710777344

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna say that Demonbolt looks freaking sweet!
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

I think depending on the damage that demon bolt puts out, it might just be better to ignore the fury refund, and just spam it at low fury (200~) until you're out, that way you can get 6~ demon bolts off, for a considerably small amount of fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post

I think it will be tuned to be a max Fury/max procs thing, effectively replacing Doom snapshotting.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get some clarification of how the Molten Core Draenor Perk functions? Is it additive with the current MC, giving a total of 75% cast time and cost reduction? That would I think keep it's Damage per Fury cost more efficient than spamming DB.

i want to be on demon form more, not because i think it's cool, but my racial scales with metamorphosis so undead is not all that useless and i love undead