GW2 - introducing the Story Journal - away with the need to hurry

I'm really excited to see Anet release the Story Journal, a system that changes how people will see GW2 forever.

• Story missions aren't temporary anymore

• The missions are unlocked (by simply logging in during the release of the update) in your story tab

• each mission can be replayed as often as you want

• gone are temporary meta-achievements, instead each mission has permanent (+ more challenging, catered to the more hardcore crowd) achievements

• including corresponding rewards

It's important to know that Anet sees the living story as GW2's endgame (quote from Colin in the Dev-Talk linked below). That's why the story (which is accountbound now) is only playable at lv.80. You can unlock it earlier though and save it for later. It makes sense since the achievements tied to the missions are considered challenging.

Should you miss to login during the 2 week (some may be longer than 2 weeks) period, you can get the missed chapters in the gemstore for 200 gems or about 20 gold (which equals 10-20 dungeon runs). Should you log in even for a second, it's unlocked and completely free.

Furthermore we learned that most content in Season 2 will be permanent. Open world can still change in order to build up to upcoming chapters (see: Southsun Cove) but from what I've learned the core content will stay.

After season 2 the devs will talk about / thinking about how to bring back season 1 in story journal format. It's can't be done at the moment since season 1 wasn't developed with the story journal in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

and a much better and more complete summary by Dulfy:

http://dulfy.net/2014/06/06/gw2-stor...estream-notes/
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-06-07 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they will let your thread live <3

This really is a game changer, I think some people may not understand how big this is yet.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Maybe they will let your thread live <3

This really is a game changer, I think some people may not understand how big this is yet.
    Yeah, a big disappointment that they didn't think of this sooner, or rather ignored the entire playerbase complaining about temporary content.

Weak unless they can add season 1 to the journal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah, a big disappointment that they didn't think of this sooner, or rather ignored the entire playerbase complaining about temporary content.
    You don't change a whole system during it's execution, that doesn't work. Season 1 was an experiment and they worked hard on Season 2, learned from their mistakes and now we'll get the results.

Furthermore ignoring the playerbase looks different to me than what they are doing. We had huge discussions on the forums with their CDI-Threads and tons of people suggested good stuff. What we're getting now is partly the result of those discussions.

Previous thread on the topic was merged into the LS 2 thread.

Don't think we need to re-do this topic.

-- Fencers