Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Horde. The story of the Alliance for the last few expansions has been "Humans and their pals". I used to main a Dwarf, but nobody played Dwarves and Dwarves hardly got any spotlight time. It seems everyone was Human, Human, Human.

With the Horde, a lot of focus is on Orcs, but they don't completely shaft the other races like whats seen on the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started to play, I went Alliance because I had friends playing Alliance. Then, they quit and I found a new group of friends that played Horde. I honestly, don't care what faction I play, once I'm with friends.

Because... Gnomes!

Deleted
    I picked horde due to wanting to be a shaman and it was only available to horde at the time.
    I found a guild that I really liked. I made alts, but I wanted to be able to talk to, and play with my friends in that guild, so I kept making horde characters.

I knew nothing about lore or zones when I picked - if shaman had been available on alliance at the time, I probably would have gone alliance.

Because I really really don't like the barbaric thing in RPG's. I just don't like it one bit. Horde just screams barbaric, their cities their lore their culture everything screams barbaric. I'll play blood elf, as I like them and undead as they're different but mostly stick to alliance. I like the typical fantasy setting of swords and armor and magic. Alliance fits this better, I just wish we had more story lines of betrayal like horde got with garrosh. I'm not asking for an entire raid on it, just something more.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the only faction with non funny-coloured elves.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    Human is the master race for armor. Also enough with metzen and his orcs
    human master race? what a nazi... (garrosh)

- - - Updated - - -

My life for Horde
    They know best of honor
    orcs draenei trolls tauren and undead are my best races of all factions
    orcs best theme in books
    horde has best storyline...always...(except arthas)
    Last edited by bison91; 2014-06-09 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Been horde since vanilla mostly due to irl friends at the time. But I always pine for the times that I spent as alliance. When WoD launches I'm following my heart by going home, and going gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because my friend who introduced me to the game played Horde. However, I feel like if I had joined on my own (or with someone else who was a new player), I still would've chosen Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 Tauren are the master race! Although I am always willing to serve our Dark Lady. Seriously though, my friends were horde. I tried both factions, but I thoroughly enjoyed horde (especially tauren <3 i've had my druid as my main for over 7 years now). I am finally happy that I got my amazonian draenai warrior to 90 though
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I play Alliance because I don't want to play Horde. That might sound like a redundant statement, but it's actually not. I don't want to play Horde so that left me with no other option but to roll Alliance.

If there was a neutral Faction then I'd be all over it.... C'mon Jaina, lets ditch Varian and start our own club, with Blackjack, and Hookers.

Both faction and race was already decided by a friend that got me into the game. I probably would have picked that faction anyways. The realm pick was a good one being a high population realm that is not as lopsided as a number of other servers while in the Ruin battle group, in my opinion a better balanced AH compared to lopsided servers, and draws in raiders and other team oriented players to the realm.

I also joined on the faction my friends at the time were playing.

So I've been playing Horde for years despite considering myself slightly more Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone explain to me something about garrosh?! in cataclysm...he killed krom'gar in stonetalon coz he dont want to be called murderer...remembering wisdom words of cairne bloodhood...in MoP...he is hitler making orcs master race and throws everyone else away from orgrimmar and doing 329483294832 of crimes including theramoore destruction...
    wtf is going on here?!

Horde, but only because of the BE's. Back in the day playing W2 and W3 later on, I always preferred Alliance and almost did when I first started playing WoW just as BT was about to open. I've always been an elf fan I guess and it was their separation from the Alliance in W3 and the biggotry and mistreatment they endured that did it for me. Now if they made Alliance high elves (like the Silver Covenant) then I would strongly consider it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Can anyone explain to me something about garrosh?! in cataclysm...he killed krom'gar in stonetalon coz he dont want to be called murderer...remembering wisdom words of cairne bloodhood...in MoP...he is hitler making orcs master race and throws everyone else away from orgrimmar and doing 329483294832 of crimes including theramoore destruction...
    wtf is going on here?!
    It's called bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started horde for my friends who played it. Stayed for the blood elves.

I play horde and it's because when I first started in 2005 the alliance had literally no appeal to me. I'm talking about Humans, Dwarves and Elves y'know the generic fantasy races? I thought the horde looked more appealing and thus I choose horde and to this day I'm still horde and the alliance has no appeal.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    It's called bad writing.
    Me almost too...but guys speculating that he just wanted to make so that more ppl come to him but he just cant be good so he opened himself the way he wants

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its the faction that my raid group is on. When my last raid group called it quits (I was Horde) I looked for a similar minded group that had hours that I wanted and it happened to be Alliance. It never really mattered that much to me either way.