Question Unable to interact with NPCs. Smuggler Ord Manttell

I'm having an issue on the mission to appease Rogun the butcher during a quest on the Smuggler homeworld.

It's the quest where you must steal a volatile chemical compound to stop Rogun from killing you and Vidu.

The issue is: When I get to the first NPC interaction at the scientists residence (with his wife) the mini map is black, I cannot interact with any NPCs outside the village and when I interact with those inside the village there is no sound.

The game has not fully downloaded for me yet, but it has allowed me to play on the homeworlds until it has fully downloaded. I assume this issue is not a regular occurrence and I would really appreciate it if I could get some help.

I had an issue on one of the smuggler missions because I quick traveled out of an instanced area I was supposed to exit via another door. I couldn't turn in quests or interact with mobs at all. I THINK what solved it for me was oddly enough a datacron I could interact with that somehow re-synced the instances.

I hope someone can help, or tell you for sure what has happened and how to fix it >.>