Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Follow the WA regardless, there are no realistic situations where you hold on to Frenzy stacks except if you got like 8+ targets to burst-AoE in say maybe under 5 seconds, then it's kind of a wasted global.

Is macroing RF to everything recommended? I see some people who do it but I'm not sure if it's actually meant to be done or not.

There is no real reason to do it unless you're too lazy to hit a non-GCD ability like once a minute.. ;p

There are times when you can delay if a few seconds with benefit and you'll hate yourself for having macroed it to everything if you did.

Deleted
    Hello guys,

i'm following your hunter communty for quite a time and want to thank for the many helpful tips.

I have a question about the focus fire weak aura, too, because i don't have TED. I changed the "relentless agility" buff to "vicious" buff, because i'm using Harooms trinket. Does the usage of focus fire change with Harooms or is my adjustment of the WA right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this is almost certainly on here somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. Is there any disadvantage to stacking Focus Fire and Rapid Fire? Should you ever hold rapid fire until Focus Fire ends? Obviously you don't want to focus cap, but apart from that is there any diminishing return from having both haste buffs at once? Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but you mentioned holding rapid fire so seemed like a good time to ask.

Stack away, it's not worth delaying either
    Retired hunter

There is no diminishing returns from stacking haste CDs(other than Cobra cast time going under 1s), in fact it's better to stack them up since they grant a bigger benefit when used together.

RF: x * 1.4 = 1.4x
    FF: x * 1.3 = 1.3x
    RF+FF: x * 1.4 * 1.3 = 1.82x
    RF+FF+BL: x * 1.4 * 1.3 * 1.3 = 2.366x
    (x = (1 + haste%))

So if you had 33% haste before CDs, with RF+FF+BL you would have 315% Haste which literally translates into a fck ton of pet focus regen and also BL affects Pet focus regen+AA speed
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2014-08-03 at 12:12 AM.

nvm, azor is gay
    Last edited by Nnug; 2014-08-03 at 12:29 AM.
    Retired hunter

Ranged haste affects pet focus regen.

how can u not know this omg? etc

Deleted
    Yeah, there really isn't any reason to macro RF or your engineering gloves to your abilities. Couple of examples:

Bats on thok are coming down in less than 10 seconds or so, I'd want to hold my RF for that. Also if Garrosh intermission is about to drag you up any second, you'd want to hold your RF/Engi gloves until you were in the realm.

Few oddball questions, does BW's TBW boost the damage of AMoC? Also, do damage modifiers on me or the boss boost the damage of AMoC? Lastly, does Misdirection take into account our dots (SrS, BA) in the threat transfer?

Don't judge!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

1) Almost completely sure that it does, but don't quote me on it.
    2) Well.. Both? Not sure what you mean. 20% damage done buff on you is the same for AMOC as 20%+ damage taken debuff on the boss.
    3) Yes.

I macro gloves to KC, and if I want to use it for aoe with enough targets to not use KC, I press KC keybind inbetween gcds to use the gloves without KC, save a keybind. Does anyone know if the BW+KC bug is still a thing? Last time I tested it (ToT?) there was a 300~ms delay between when you cast BW and when your pet gets the buff, so if you didn't pop BW 0.3~ seconds before your KC GCD then it would do 20% less damage. If it's still there, I assume it depends highly on latency.

I haven't actually tested whether it's there or not, but I got used to keeping them seperate way back so there you go. Really minor effort.
    As for gloves, I got those macroed to everything. If it was earlier in the tier and the ProRaiders race was still making my balls tickle I would prolly have fixed that and used them on my own and what I can do to maximize its usage when it's about to get off cd.

OH! I know this one!!

Currently on live, there's ~400 ms delay on non-self buffs, meaning you get the BW buff immediately, but there's a slight delay in it pushing out to your pet. This causes KC to miss out if you macro them together. However, they've said that they're updating server-side code for WoD to take that down to ~40 ms. There will have to be some testing on beta or once 6.0 hits, but anecdotally I'd say that it means while you still can't macro them together, you can probably hit 2 keybinds for them, since no human should have 40 ms reaction speeds.
    Last edited by Jantof; 2014-08-06 at 07:09 PM.

Just a quick question, or more or less reassurance im making the right wep choice. I have a HWF protectors bow, and a heroic klaxxi bow. As SV, in taking the protectors bow over the klaxxi bow, would be the better choice. Just like a confirmation I am using the right wep. thanks guys/gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirvz View Post
    Just a quick question, or more or less reassurance im making the right wep choice. I have a HWF protectors bow, and a heroic klaxxi bow. As SV, in taking the protectors bow over the klaxxi bow, would be the better choice. Just like a confirmation I am using the right wep. thanks guys/gals.
    You would always want to take the higher weapon damage this is not spec specific; so HWF weapon > H weapon always yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    You would always want to take the higher agility piece this is not spec specific; so HWF weapon > H weapon always yes.
    Fixed /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Fixed /10char
    I meant in regards to it being a weapon; if it's higher ilvl it's going to have higher agility and weapon damage anyway so yes.
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-08-07 at 10:13 AM.

So here's a question. I normally play support classes (tanks & healers), but started playing a hunter a few months ago, and really love playing him...

Being the noobish hunter that I am... I play survival and sometimes, based on the situation, I have to make a choice between saving focus to use Murder of Crows (ie; 2x's cobra shot) or a cobra shot then an explosive shot. If I choose explosive shot I won't have enough focus for Crows for several GCDs..... What's the priority in this situation?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erjav/advanced