Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What's the worst character you've ever made?

Hey! I'm sure similar threads have seen the light of day here on this forum, but I always find it fun to look back at past mistakes, especially the ones you've made yourself. Mostly RP'ers will have to look back to their earliest, if not first, characters, but sometimes there's this new character of ours who on paper looks so damn awesome like we love this guy/gal ON PAPER, however then we make the character and RP the character and they're just so damn horrible.

So to start it all off, I must harken back to my very first character.

A Blood Elf paladin, later a Blood Elf death knight, who had hidden as a paladin since the third war, which is where he was taken by Kel'Thuzad to be turned into a death knight due to his absolutely exceptional skill, he was turned, but escaped on the back of a gargoyle which he then killed, oh yeah he also possessed the uncanny ability to turn into an Angel of Light and an Angel of Shadow... I am not kidding...

See this character here I generally am glad I've grown past, the character still exists today, but in a different form with an entirely reworked background story and lore on my part. And while I've made other characters that have terrible premises, either due to story, powers, their level, looks or things alike it... In the end I have to choose this guy due to the sheer absurdity of his story and his weird powers.

So, what about you?

Deleted
    I once made a Human Priest that was black with orange hair and ran to Goldshire, saw what was going on on a RP server, delete the char, went back to pvp.

The end.

Perhaps the 4th shaman that I leveled to max level.... Not sure why I did it actually. But I dont think there are characters that I do regret creating, rp wise, but more like regretting those characters that I got killed.

Every character I've made after my original idea for my blood elf paladin has been pretty solid, with the exception of my blood elf mage who was undead but then was made alive once more after A'dal helped him out in conjunction with some pretty serious founts of power... but I like to think that bit was more or less due to someone who I had partnered with to create a more intertwined character relationship. It was fun, and at the time I thought it was pretty cool, but over the years I became more grounded in actual lore rather than what I imagined could be possible within the lore (read: my own fantasies merely based off of the lore, rather than looking at the lore and seeing what would be plausible). His reboot is far cleaner. More grounded in actual lore rather than fanfiction and he still maintains that broken past that I really enjoyed from the original version. The pally used to be this guy with some pretty serious bi-polar and depression issues. Depending on the lunar cycle, he could be a rather morose paladin, or a hypermanic alcoholic cannibal. In his first roleplay, he died after swiping a green dragon's steak and lighting himself on fire. Like his little brother, MUCH better with his rewrite.

Any other characters were pretty solid to roleplay, relatively speaking, but were rather overpowered more or less "experimental" characters; to see if I couldn't write up a character who took up a more major place in Warcraft lore, like say an Aspect's consort, an Elemental Prince, or even an Old God. Also a gnome who did a mindswap with a tauren. But he's just a comedic character.

My worgen assassin, in a way, also suffered from this. He was originally written to be this rather psychotic character, but whenever I played him, he just morphed into a more "Handsome Jack" sort of character. Sure, he was evil, but you could pretty easily see yourself sharing a couple pints if you were on his side.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2014-07-03 at 12:37 AM.

I guess it's arrogant, but I don't think I've ever made a really awful character. I didn't start online roleplaying with WoW, but rather with Neverwinter Nights, so I already had my worst newbie mistakes behind me. I do recall setting foot on that NWN server and saying "hi nikki" to someone my character didn't know. That person then kindly informed me in a tell that I didn't know their character's name since they hadn't said it yet. In a very polite way, of course. I feel like I picked up the difference of IC vs. OOC fairly quickly after that.

If anything, my biggest character mistakes are probably that I make them too singular. Like my night elf Sentinel. With the truce, and her entire character more or less being based not on "I am someone" but rather "I'm a sentinel," she's pretty much over as a character. I've taken steps to remedy that with other characters, though. Make them have a more vague motivation that won't ever really end. Hating orcs is just one facet of the gem that is my new night elf's personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst character I've made?
    While not in the game, it is one on the Forums, one Warchief Gormash Bloodbane. I don't know what kind of sick, insane mind I was in, but I think this was the point where I realized I'd need to take RP a bit more seriously. He was, truly, one of the most insane characters to ever grace this land... that was actually a serious Bio. Obviously closed, seeing as how asininely awful a character he was, but here's a link anyway for you all to mock. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...light=Warchief
    Yes, I have a few accounts here. Sometimes I forget the password and don't want to bother finding out which E-mail address I assigned it. But that's beside the point, the most ridiculous point, that I am surprised I didn't catch myself on, was that he DESTROYED MOST OF ORGRIMMAR IN A SIEGE AGAINST IT. Not once, not twice, BUT THREE TIMES. Even the most newb RPer would realize how bad that is.
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2014-06-15 at 03:03 AM.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me spin you a tale my friends. One of a cunning and devilishly handsome rogue by the name of rougelegend.

This wily assassin already had many notches on his saronite belt before he even entered his first roleplay. See, he was a mighty pit fighter who had gone up against the likes of Ragnaros the Firelord in naught but a kodohide loincloth. He won of course. Rougelegend also had any encounters with the nefarious Lich King, why, he even managed to take a joyride on Saphiron (At the time she was affectionately known to rougelegend as saffron).
    So of course he was soon picked up by the church of the Holy Light where he worked as a godslayer. He would go out of an evening with a nonchalant cry over his shoulder of "cya guys gonna go kill old gods". When he returned, his biceps would be bulging and he would have some how lost all of his gear save for his trusty loincloth. You may be asking to yourself right now "what ever is the significance of those bulging biceps?" Well you see rougelegend also had the ability to absorb the old gods he killed, thus making him into an even better killing machine. But he would never kill innocents, because he was a hero. A true, Azerothian hero.

That was probably my best Roleplay character to date. *peers at thread title* Ohh terribly sorry, you wanted bad characters here.
    I'll be on my way then.
    Yours truly,
    - Richard A. Knaak

I've never had characters I rp'd in a wow setting that I found bad to be honest. If some are potent I tend to give them some flaw. My Old God follower is crippled by his hallucinations and need to be accepted by some group, even if it means that he ends up just being used by them as some sort of weapon or tome. My shaman is a stereotypical drakkari who doesn't really get along with anyone in a world where you need friends.

Now, if you roll back the clock sixteen years ago when I first online rping on AOL, I had a character wielding two 8 foot plus katana's, along with an ancient vampire with wings(Though as time went on that aspect got axed real quick.), etc. It goes with age really, the older you get, the more you see that flaws and quirks are better than ZOMG I R AWESOMENESS.

Unless you write novels.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    A black dragon, don't even ask what was going trough my head at the time

One of my first characters... Tried to be edgy (please don't roast me I was barely 15 and going through a lot of weird shit in life), and made a Night Elf, who really was controlled by an Old God parasite. Edginess ensued and eventually I retconned the character, as I had gone too far, ignored too much lore (didn't know much at the time), and progressed way too fast.

I brought Dath'Remar Sunstrider back. Ugh, I was a dummy.

I then started RPing Dar'Khan Drathir on Twitter, and ended up just saying it was one of his mirror images in disguise to get rid of it and save myself the shame.

DON'T RESURRECT DEAD SUPER IMPORTANT CHARACTERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I brought Dath'Remar Sunstrider back. Ugh, I was a dummy.

I then started RPing Dar'Khan Drathir on Twitter, and ended up just saying it was one of his mirror images in disguise to get rid of it and save myself the shame.

DON'T RESURRECT DEAD SUPER IMPORTANT CHARACTERS!!!!
    Oh yeah. That's a biggie in RP etiquette. I can see how you reacted so much to it ._. Its not as bad though as people who try to RP CHILDREN of those characters when none exist. If someone can RP a main character well enough, if for a short event or something, it adds flavor and depth to the character without adding anything essential to their lore, like imagining how said character would react in such and such a situation. Not for long periods of time though. However, trying to be the son/daughter/mysterious inter-genders that plague Moon Guard's Goldshire of say, Illidan, when we know he has his mind on Tyrande and never got that kind of close to her, or a child of Velen, or Arthas's son... when none of them have ever had children of there own, and then those people fighting tooth and nail to PROVE it was possible, to prove that it was possible, when really they just made themselves look like huge idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazefrost View Post
    Oh yeah. That's a biggie in RP etiquette. I can see how you reacted so much to it ._. Its not as bad though as people who try to RP CHILDREN of those characters when none exist. If someone can RP a main character well enough, if for a short event or something, it adds flavor and depth to the character without adding anything essential to their lore, like imagining how said character would react in such and such a situation. Not for long periods of time though. However, trying to be the son/daughter/mysterious inter-genders that plague Moon Guard's Goldshire of say, Illidan, when we know he has his mind on Tyrande and never got that kind of close to her, or a child of Velen, or Arthas's son... when none of them have ever had children of there own, and then those people fighting tooth and nail to PROVE it was possible, to prove that it was possible, when really they just made themselves look like huge idiots.
    Well, it's not beyond the possibility that Arthas got Jaina preggo on Hallow's End (from the Rise of the Lich King book), and she had a baby secretly some time between he and her having their mutual breakup so she could focus on her studies and he on his duties as prince, and when they reunited in WC3 to investigate the Scourge. Judging by what Arthas said during their Hallow's End night, they did it on multiple occasions (She said something like "our children will almost certainly be blonde" and Arthas asked "Jaina? Are you...?" and she said no. She could have been lying for some reason, but it's unlikely).

They also could have made one during their campaign investigating the Scourge.

Not impossible, just highly unlikely.

Kael'thas also could have had a son, pretty much a ton of characters could have had secret kids at some point and it's not impossible. It's just dumb for people to try and RP something like that to try and have their character seem cooler by association to someone like Illidan or Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    My worst mistake was probably my Death Knight who fell in love. It was stupid, and I retconned it, fast. The rest of the character was okay, that one moment is just horrible in hindsight.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Deleted
    Necroing a two year old thread. Wow, though the subject is still relevant... Kind of timeless actually... ANOTHER BOUT OF PEOPLE SHARING THEIR MOST HORRIBLE CHARACTERS!

I shall start with a biggy mistake I've made recently, perhaps not as bad as angel-man, but horrible none the less. Because I made a cliché character and I fell into every single cliché every single time, tried to make an effort to change the character but it failed. I literally had to invent a huge tragedy in order to change the character.

We have our basic highborne lady. Arrogant, above-it-all, powerful (oh yeah, she actually was), looks down upon people without arcane potential, scoffs at the idea of not being above everyone non-highborne, married into money, non-faithful, selfish. I basically took every part of the basic movie/book version of the snobby high society lady mixed with highborne and clashed it into one character. I had to invent a demon ambush where her arrogance almost caused her downfall in order to properly change her. And damn did she need it!

This wasn't my most horrible character, just a recent dumbass mistake. Proving no matter how well-versed you might be, you can still make stupid mistakes when your pride over craft takes over or you immerse yourself too much into your character. Elitist or Noob, both makes for terrible RP'ers, but at least most noobs are willing to learn.
    Last edited by mmoc661de564ba; 2015-11-22 at 06:00 PM.

I tried to RP a horse using a lvl 40 epic horse mount.

Thud'ur The Mentally Challenged Orc.

Orc with brain damage, goblin engineer and warlock class.
    Honestly, it gets tiring playing a one-dimensional character that either A: falls for a trap or B: is too stupid to realize what the trap's bait is. (For example, if he were to smell a shank of boar in an obvious trap, he'd start being hungry, then eat a rock because he can't connect the boar meat to the smell)
    "When you have to deal with a beast, you have to treat him as a beast."

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really think of anything specific that I did that was particularly awful. But I believe my worst roleplaying in general was when I was a horrible, dumb teenager with a lore-obsession.

I was an elitist brat who would ignore people who didn't LOAR as hard as me, and I would mock people for "doing it wrong" and so forth. Tiny little things would bother me, and I was just such a rigid and boring roleplayer.

One time I just sort of stood by as a group of roleplayers actually bullied and chased a high elf player out of Silvermoon while insulting them en masse. It was just this big pile of people that had gathered one night just to bother this one person that was "doing things wrong". And when it became clear that it really upset the high elf and they probably left the realm forever after an argument in the ooc-channels, that kind of shook and snapped me out of it. Thankfully.

So yeah, instead of focusing on fun and engaging experiences for everyone, I was too hung up on accuracy and LOAR and "RP IS AN ARTFORM" without being aware of how that attitude affected people around me. I was actually a bad person, and I was a bad roleplayer because of it. D;

Nerds are the worst people. D;

A Gnome Warrior
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."