Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    CB has been nerfed by 20% already (it has no dmg perk), so i don't think GoSac is going to be a big deal. .
    Doesn't Chaosbolt receive a cast time reduction as a perk?

That's a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So you actualy said that. Not much I can do to prevent myself from misunderstanding when you say it like that.
    I was talking about abilities and perks, not warlocks. Abilities have been nerfed, perks will buff them back, except for cb. My first point was that perks are pretty much meaningless, the second one is that cb will be nerfed by 20%.(because it has no dmg perk)--->>> GoSac is not as OP as someone might think. I could probably put it more plainly though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Doesn't Chaosbolt receive a cast time reduction as a perk?

That's a buff.
    Yeah, it's good thing for pvp. Not really a big deal in pve in most circumstances, you can always cast three 3 sec CBs in 10 sec trinket. 20% dmg on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a big deal in pve in most circumstances
    Pardon? losing 0.5 seconds off of every Chaos Bolt will mean there's more time to cast other stuff, which means more resources, which means more Chaos Bolts. Add to that that this will also mean that it's easier to get a Chaos Bolt off during times when you have to move often and it's definitely a big deal for PvE too.

I'm no mathemagician, but I would not be surprised at all if this 0.5 second off of Chaos Bolt had about the same DPS impact as 20% more damage on our Pets.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Pardon? losing 0.5 seconds off of every Chaos Bolt will mean there's more time to cast other stuff, which means more resources, which means more Chaos Bolts. Add to that that this will also mean that it's easier to get a Chaos Bolt off during times when you have to move often and it's definitely a big deal for PvE too.

I'm no mathemagician, but I would not be surprised at all if this 0.5 second off of Chaos Bolt had about the same DPS impact as 20% more damage on our Pets.
    Losing 0.5 seconds off every Chaos Bolt cast could also potentially mean being able to use a whole chaos bolt more during a trinket procc, potentially even more, I suck at math too so I can't give adamant numbers, but you get where I'm going here. Don't know how people don't think this is a huge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Valq View Post
    Losing 0.5 seconds off every Chaos Bolt cast could also potentially mean being able to use a whole chaos bolt more during a trinket procc, potentially even more, I suck at math too so I can't give adamant numbers, but you get where I'm going here. Don't know how people don't think this is a huge buff.
    I would gladly trade this for +20% baseline chaosbolt damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Essentially you trade 20% damage of your most damaging ability for 16,6% faster casting speed.

I don't see how you'd gladly trade THAT scenario for 20% baseline chaosbolt damage :|

Say chaos bolt does 100 damage, and you usually get off 3 chaos bolts, with a 20% damage increase, thats 120 damage per hit, multiply that by 3, you get a total of 360 damage.
    Now add another chaos bolt and remove the 20% buff, you get 4x100 = 400.

That scenario I presented = a buff, the longer the time interval is, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Valq View Post
    I don't see how you'd gladly trade THAT scenario for 20% baseline chaosbolt damage :|

Say chaos bolt does 100 damage, and you usually get off 3 chaos bolts, with a 20% damage increase, thats 120 damage per hit, multiply that by 3, you get a total of 360 damage.
    Now add another chaos bolt and remove the 20% buff, you get 4x100 = 400.

That scenario I presented = a buff, the longer the time interval is, the better.
    Dude, please reread the previous page.

10+ Year Old Account
    0.5s off a CB means an extra Incinerate every third CB, it's not a phenomenal gain. You'd probably lose that to movement too.

Deleted
    Only read the first page but, don't secondary stats change spec by spec on each piece of gear in WoD? so a haste item might go to a crit item if youre going from affli to destro

Guess I went slightly overboard my post :P

But end of the day, I don't see how this is a huge loss, seems like its alright to me, especially as the fight drags on for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    0.5s off a CB means an extra Incinerate every third CB, it's not a phenomenal gain. You'd probably lose that to movement too.
    It's not phenomenal? sorry but when you have a 10sec proc, you can only fite 3 chaos bolt with 3sec cast time each and one conflagrate . On the other hand, with 2,5 sec cast time you can spend your 4 embers and one conflagrate so there is a big gain, so no, it can be phenomenal.

It's blizzard's modern way of making certain pieces of gear better for certain classes like how it used to be. If in WoD affliction for example becomes the go to raid dps lock spec, then all haste cloth gear will be considered "lock" gear while who knows what secondary stats spriests and mages would want. I just hope we don't all want the same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    It's not phenomenal? sorry but when you have a 10sec proc, you can only fite 3 chaos bolt with 3sec cast time each and one conflagrate . On the other hand, with 2,5 sec cast time you can spend your 4 embers and one conflagrate so there is a big gain, so no, it can be phenomenal.
    Are you telling me you are sitting on 4 embers?

Guess I went slightly overboard my post :P

But end of the day, I don't see how this is a huge loss, seems like its alright to me, especially as the fight drags on for longer.
    Perhaps it won't be a big deal. Still like 5m chaosbolt more than 4m one.

I'm still not sure where you feel this 20% nerf to Choasbolt is coming from....

You mean relative to other talents when perks are considered?

But, that's a tuning pass. No?

Are you telling me you are sitting on 4 embers?

Perhaps it won't be a big deal. Still like 5m chaosbolt more than 4m one.
    I'm not sitting at 4 embers, juste 3.5 or slightly more, if i have a proc one conflag and immolate ticks are enough to fill the 0.5 missing ember during the 3 first chaos bolt to fullfil the 4th one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I'm still not sure where you feel this 20% nerf to Choasbolt is coming from....
    You mean relative to other talents when perks are considered?
    But, that's a tuning pass. No?
    You mean like everything else?

I'm not sitting at 4 embers, juste 3.5 or slightly more, if i have a proc one conflag and immolate ticks are enough to fill the 0.5 missing ember during the 3 first chaos bolt to fullfil the 4th one.
    For sure, when you will have something like 5-7% haste you can pull this through. 4 casts, 2.5 sec each in 10 seconds, sounds pretty legit. Oh wait i forgot about conflag.

- - - Updated - - -

And of course immolate will crit every time in situations such as this.

You mean like everything else?

- - - Updated - - -
    Well, no. Damage of one thing relative to another is tuning and balancing pass.
    That's kinda easy to adjust.
    Whatever they want out final numbers to be, they will be docked the amount of the leveling perk system they want to implement. It seems like the perk system is just to give you something to look forward to while leveling.
    Maybe Chaosbolt doesn't get the faux reduction to accommodate the perk system in the first place.

Things like what spells we keep and making sure our talents are well designed is a bigger thing.

The specific thing you were talking about (Perks and spell damage) is a tuning pass.

But I think the point is that the cast time reduction could be as sweeeeeet.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2014-06-17 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have zero haste on your gear and clicked off the spell haste buff or something? Also, pretty amazing reactions and a poor use of /stopcasting :/

I just wish they'd given destro 5% Multistrike.

I've managed to get 3 Chaos Bolts off plenty of times with my 4p (takes a bit of timing since 4p needs to proc midcast for you to be able to fire 3 without lust).

If you can only fire 3 in 10s considering 4 embers, you're doing something SERIOUSLY wrong. Or you're going for 0 Haste, which tbh is seriously wrong.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2014-06-18 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I just wish they'd given destro 5% Multistrike.
    You realize that multistrikes will not give us more emberbits, right?