Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is low level healing poorly tuned or am i just bad?

So recently I have been doing some healing on my alt priest in Northrend and for some reason the damage is just insane. it's very fast. (like -10% in 1 second) And i literally cannot breath at all. Even on trash. I have to keep my eyes on the tank and i cant cast any of my disc spells for evangelism or heal the dps or myself without risking death.

Am I just bad? Will it be this hard at max level? Or did blizzard end up tuning it poorly?

My level 42 druid is in heirlooms and while I havn't let the tank die, I have noticed that they take huge chunks of damage on rough packs or bosses and I have to spam like crazy for a moment to keep them up which I'm okay with though I am slightly concerned it'll be more difficult later on. It feels about right currently though but I figured it's going to get more difficult and that could be problematic.

there is this one debuff in udgarde pinnicle that is completely untouched from the prune and it does like 10% per second for 10 seconds

Don't forget to factor in the tanks themselves and what they are pulling.

Some abilities/spells are not squished or squished wrong.

But, more often, your tank is just Donald-level bad, sadly. People get used to faceroll instances, now they have to roll defensive abilities when/before shit hits the fan, and they just continue to faceroll and blame healer instead.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    there is this one debuff in udgarde pinnicle that is completely untouched from the prune and it does like 10% per second for 10 seconds
    i remember the Debuff your talking about saw it happen on my warlock last week, just put in a bug report about that one

and the damage is more spiky and is still manageable but some things still need to be fixed for scaling
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    leveled from 1-60 over the past week, everything seems the same as it was pre 6.0, haven't tried outland/northrend/cata yet though so they may get harder :S

I would assume it was untouched because it is % based. It might have more to do with healing in general being nerfed to more of a triage style rather then a keep topped off at all times. Just remember, its OK to let a DPS die. Main focus is the tank and you. Lots of tanks just faceroll and yeah they can take big spikes in damage. They should be using cooldowns if they pull large packs.
    "Old WoW was when the game was bad yet good. New WoW is when the game is good yet bad." -Destil

Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    I would assume it was untouched because it is % based. It might have more to do with healing in general being nerfed to more of a triage style rather then a keep topped off at all times. Just remember, its OK to let a DPS die. Main focus is the tank and you. Lots of tanks just faceroll and yeah they can take big spikes in damage. They should be using cooldowns if they pull large packs.
    was was refering to a disease that dealt like 3600 per tic on our low healthpools. felt abit excessive compared to everything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing has been happening to me with my holy pally. All the way from 30~ to 60~
    If the tank double pulls, no matter how much FoL I spam, he WILL die (unless I have LoH off CD)

It could just have been a bad tank too... Did you ask the tank to use some of his CDs to lower his damage intake?

Did some leveling 50-55 on my feral and mobs in the world die in like 3 secs (full hierlooms), faster than before patch coz they have very low hp.
    But in dungeons I cant tank more than 4-5 mobs or I die. Before patch you could tank like 8 without problems.
    Also ur dmg was nerfed alot as a tank. Before patch you could do 50-60% of overall dmg. Now killing trash takes ages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It could just have been a bad tank too... Did you ask the tank to use some of his CDs to lower his damage intake?
    This. Tanks can't just set their cat on the keyboard and /sammich while doing dungeons anymore. They actually have to use their defensive abilities now.

yeah, i'd say that some things just aren't squished properly. i've been having to throw out support heals left and right recently while leveling my druid.

was was refering to a disease that dealt like 3600 per tic on our low healthpools. felt abit excessive compared to everything else

You're not playing the way the new healing meta is set up. Health and healing should be scaled appropriately according to level content.

As a disc priest, you do NOT want to use atonement on a regular basis. Smite healing is for low points in healing. It's literally "there's not enough healing to do, so I'll smite and be somewhat useful with it". Then, when damage increases, you pop archangel to quickly top off your targets. This is expressly how Blizzard designed disc priests to work. So, it is OKAY not to use atonement healing.

You may need to remind your tank to use his mitigation abilities and not pull so much. They severely nerfed tank self-healing and mitigation, in addition to healers. Most tanks have been trained to be bad with a "gogogogogogogo" mentality. You have to squash that. If you need to, start letting people die to get the message across, or shackle adds that aren't being attacked.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't gotten to Northrend yet, though I started a priest post-6.0 that's level 55 so far, and the only dungeons I had trouble with so far were the latter two wings of Dire Maul, where some pulls/bosses were really wrecking the tank. Besides that, flash heal spam always does the job, even on tanks that pull multiple groups at once.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    You're not playing the way the new healing meta is set up. Health and healing should be scaled appropriately according to level content.

As a disc priest, you do NOT want to use atonement on a regular basis. Smite healing is for low points in healing. It's literally "there's not enough healing to do, so I'll smite and be somewhat useful with it". Then, when damage increases, you pop archangel to quickly top off your targets. This is expressly how Blizzard designed disc priests to work. So, it is OKAY not to use atonement healing.

You may need to remind your tank to use his mitigation abilities and not pull so much. They severely nerfed tank self-healing and mitigation, in addition to healers. Most tanks have been trained to be bad with a "gogogogogogogo" mentality. You have to squash that. If you need to, start letting people die to get the message across, or shackle adds that aren't being attacked.
    Belive me, it's not the tanks that have the worst "gogogogo" mentality, just leveled a Druid tank from 1-60 the past days, and i know that tanks take a lot more damage now than we used to, so i need to pull safely and use my mitigation abilities.

Every single LFD i'm doing, there is some dps that just can't keep their fingers off pulling several groups, resulting in wipes. and they don't even learn from it, they keep doing it over and over again in the same dungeon.

Was in Stratholme service entrance yesterday, and we wiped like 5 times due to a warlock that kept pulling 2-4 extra packs of mobs, and we couldn't even kick him.

We probably could have avoided a few of the wipes if the healer were paying more attention, but it's always dps in my dungeons that keeps on pulling more, they even do less damage overall cause they are too busy pulling new packs instead of killing the mobs we're already in combat with

so if I cant really take my eyes of the players for very long, what's the best way to gain stacks of evangelism?

so if I cant really take my eyes of the players for very long, what's the best way to gain stacks of evangelism?
    Use an Attack target of target Macro for smite, so you always have your tank targeted but smite his current target.

Use Smite directly after applying shields or directly after getting a large crit Divine Aegis.

Figured I would give you the Macro's to save you time aswell.

For Smite:
    #showtooltip Smite
    /cast [harm] Smite; [@targettarget] Smite

For HolyFire:
    #showtooltip Holy Fire
    /cast [harm] Holy Fire; [@targettarget] Holy Fire
    Last edited by lolreally; 2014-11-04 at 10:48 PM.

holy shit. did general bjargrim in halls of lightening just take out 40% of my tanks hp in a single hit? That cant be right?