Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still wonder why people want a new boomkin model, it'll still be ugly as sin and the glyph would be used over it

Edit: Only time I "buy" store mounts is if they are gifts/won in some contest
    Last edited by Slirith; 2014-06-12 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Must be nice to run around in 45$ worth of items.
    Need a little rag to finish this off cash shop transmog.

Don't be so sore. The set and mount look cool. Why do you have to be so sore about it?

Sadly, the run animation of the Warforged Nightmare sucks (or at least, imo), and that's almost all you'll see next expansion.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-06-12 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dphotog View Post
    lmao xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ru aware brah View Post
    keep buying those mounts.. it only feeds blizzard to put all the decent ones in the store instead of ingame where they should be for the 15bucks a month youre paying
    Yes, sometimes I forget about the 77 in-game obtainable mounts they added in MoP. Those are vastly overshadowed by the mounts they added in the cash shop... How many was that again...

Oh yeah. FIVE. FIVE store mounts added in MoP, counting this thing.

(oh, and the 77 isn't counting the reskinned raptors; but you could for an even 80)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I can imagine that you generate a lot of (hilarious) rage ingame by running around like that.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-06-12 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's the thing. The options are (a) it goes on the store or (b) it doesn't exist at all. I'd much rather it was (a).
    Wow, I didnt know you worked at blizzard. Seeing how you clearly are in a manager position in the art department there, you would know when boomkin forms would come off the backburner then.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I didnt know you worked at blizzard. Seeing how you clearly are in a manager position in the art department there, you would know when boomkin forms would come off the backburner then.
    You're the one making the claim; you back it up.

They don't just casually go around rigging up new mounts for funzies and wait for somewhere to stick it in and just so HAPPEN to put them in the shop because they exist. They crafted this model with the explicit intent of putting it in the cash shop.

And seeing as the whole "precedent" of devoting in-game resources for items that can only be obtained with real-life money started in BC, I guess they started putting making the new boomkin model off way back then, now didn't they?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I guess they started putting making the new boomkin model off way back then, now didn't they?
    You are making that claim, go back it up kiddo.
    Chronomancer Club

God that helm is ugly

10+ Year Old Account
    You are making that claim, go back it up kiddo.
    You're the one who seemed to claim that they haven't redone the boomkin model because "the new cash shop is just too much of a cash cow to NOT put their resources into," despite the boomkin model having been made in Vanilla WoW.

I can claim with as much authority that the el pollo grande chicken mount from the TCG stopped them from making a new boomkin model when they made the new bear and cat forms in WotLk as you can claim any store mount has any appreciable effect on specific model development, boomkin or otherwise.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The RBG wins horse is still the best looking ground mount in game. Wouldn't be hard to get a mog together to suit it either.

Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-06-13 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorwave View Post
    I will keep buying these mounts, cause it keeps elitist pricks like you bitching about how they should be in game for the 1%'ers to have and no one else
    I have yet to see a mount on the store I like, especially compared to what's in game. I have no problem with the store, I just don't like anything they sell. =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    I have yet to see a mount on the store I like, especially compared to what's in game. I have no problem with the store, I just don't like anything they sell. =\
    I like the bat, but that's it. That's the only one who's "awesomeness" outweighs the lameness of being bought from the store in my eyes. Still haven't bought it, though.

But if people want to buy mounts from the store, that's on them, and I have no problem with it. As a mount hunter, I have numerous other mounts at my disposal which I feel are much more awesome than anything you can buy on the store. I'd much rather ride my swift Razzashi raptor around.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorwave View Post
    I will keep buying these mounts, cause it keeps elitist pricks like you bitching about how they should be in game for the 1%'ers to have and no one else
    I like you. A lot.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I'd definitely buy some store mounts if I knew I'd use them, problem with me is I already have most of the rarest mounts that are/were in the game -- I'd just rather use a mount I earned, one that has a 0.5% drop or one that isn't in the game anymore than buy one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Why pay for something you could get for free...
    Seems society just revolves around finding something to throw your money at... Prices is just gonna keep rising. !
    Even the in-game mounts are not technically free, since you are still paying $15 per month to run through the content. I Have bought a few of the mounts from the store. Did not buy the last one and I am not planning on buying this one either, that is $55 that I could put to buying another game to play. I am not interested in giving anymore money than necessary to Blizzard anymore. Between having to pay for the sub and the xpac, I think they get more than enough for the little content they seem to dish out these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Coming soon, fire Boomkin skin in the in-game store!
    Where do I buy!?

CLICKCLICKCLICK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its nice that the LFR raiders can get cool mounts too, we HC raiders must share the fancy mounts
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I would never buy a mount in the store due to principle. when does it stop?
    When does what stop? Them putting mounts on the shop? Why would they stop? I expect every retailer I have to offer new products. McDonalds, Nintendo. ect....

And if anything this one is far more economical, not only did it have more work put into it but it has the potential of satisfying an infinite amount players.

I'm sure in 10 years there will be a good hundred mounts on the shop.

And an achievement to collect 500....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Even the in-game mounts are not technically free, since you are still paying $15 per month to run through the content. I Have bought a few of the mounts from the store. Did not buy the last one and I am not planning on buying this one either, that is $55 that I could put to buying another game to play. I am not interested in giving anymore money than necessary to Blizzard anymore. Between having to pay for the sub and the xpac, I think they get more than enough for the little content they seem to dish out these days.
    yep, its a great thing to have options and choices. People can buy -Extra- Mounts (in limited supply) if they want, and there is no reason to do so. Its a pure "if you want it" kind of thing.

Also as you point out I think if many of us considered the amount of game time we put into farming rep or drops for mounts that the money we spent on getting mounts would be a hundred to hundreds of dollars for some people. I know I spent a good 1 to 2 hours of my 4 or so hours a day of playtime farming rep for Netherwing. So basically I spent 15 dollars, albeit to get multiple colors of the same ugly ass mount.

The problem is that people are spending TIME to get their other mounts.

But Time=Money
    ---------------------

P.S. I agree OP needs to put transmog list up, other than the helm of course.

keep buying those mounts.. it only feeds blizzard to put all the decent ones in the store instead of ingame where they should be for the 15bucks a month youre paying
    This.

Tbh it looked good, great even, but i can't really see past the fact that you pay to water down and in the long run, ruin the entire industry. GG, i will /spit on you when i find you ingame.