Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is swedish, hates football. Not because I suck at it, I used to play it a while... Just because meh. Kicking balls, not that fun as it sounds.
    im cool pls respodn

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, there is no way soccer is boring, it is the single most popular sport in the world! Playing soccer is wonderful.

Now, WATCHING soccer, on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'd like to point out to the less civilized among us, that by football, you mean actual football, the game played all over the planet. The game being referred to as "soccer" in the thread title.

Just so nobody confuses it with the thing where an event takes 2-3 hours during which the actual "game" is played 15 minutes, where juiced-up men wear body armor and throw around brown, leathery thing that doesn't resemble a ball in any way or form, while trying to get a few yards this way and then a few yards that way.
    Of course I don't mean American football. I actually don't even mind American football that much since I took the time to understand it (as much as possible) but let's be honest, have a bunch of manatees crash into eachother, the play being broken up every 10 seconds, some players are "more" special then others tackle wise, Oh offense actually can't even tackle.
    If Football (the global one) is boring then American football is a huge cluster fuck imagined by some drunk college students that kept losing to the rugby team.

But seriously, so many sports could be classified as boring if you don't know what is going on. Like tennis, 90% is serve volley (especially on the harder courts). Or baseball where the fans seem to get more exercise from walking to the beerstand than the actual players. Or roadraces on bikes like the tour de France.
    If you don't understand the small details of a sport, see what makes a good play, then they all look boring except for maybe car racing or skate boarding. Actually, car racing (F1) was so boring that they added a boost button like in video games

10+ Year Old Account
    Football is about as interesting as watching paint dry.

I sometimes watch Hockey and/or Formula 1, but more often than not I skip watching even that. Just not interested in sports.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have to play soccer, now or had to in the past, to truely understand how amazing the game is
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

This is why i Watch football and support my team every week on the stands.......... this is what it is all about. giving you team the best support you can
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I have no interest in an activity where a bunch of sissy Nancy-boys prance around like women trying to avoid violence and injury.

There are basically 3 acceptable team sports for men; American football, ice hockey, and rugby. Anything else is just something you waste time on or play until you are man enough to play a real sport. If there is no chance of bloodshed it is hobby, not a sport.

I don't know "soccer" that made-up word. I know football.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2014-06-13 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I have no interest in an activity where a bunch of sissy Nancy-boys prance around like women trying to avoid violence and injury.

There are basically 3 acceptable team sports for men; American football, ice hockey, and rugby. Anything else is just something you waste time on or play until you are man enough to play a real sport.
    Must be hard being that stupid huh ?

It is a great game. What kills it in America is a very lacking professional league. Until we start to produce super stars and have epic dramas of our own it just won't be that interesting to me. It is certainly a ton more entertaining to me than boring baseball after I began to grasp the strategy and design behind what players were doing on the field. At first of course it just looked like people kicking the ball back and forth until someone screwed up and the other team did the same. Eyes being opened by someone that KNEW the game was a massive help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's boring.
    I hate it deeply because, where I live, people commit murder over a freaking ball chased by overpaid men.

10+ Year Old Account
    It didnt change my opinion that its boring. Most people in the US think its boring which is why the world cup isnt even shown on TV except on like ESPN2 at 3AM. Soccer is like bowling and golf, fun to play, but absolutely the most boring thing to watch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    Hell no, there is no way soccer is boring, it is the single most popular sport in the world! Playing soccer is wonderful.

Now, WATCHING soccer, on the other hand...
    Its only the most popular sport in the world because a lot of 3rd world and borderline 3rd world countries play it since it doesnt cost anything to play other than buying a $5 ball to kick around. There isnt even any plays or strategies, you just kick the ball around to your teammates until you get close enough to the goal to kick it in. Yeah, sure there is a cool play or goal every now and then, but Im not going to watch 35 minutes of nothing waiting for that cool play, its like watching a race, just waiting to see a crash. I can just see the cool things on Sportscenter top 10
    Last edited by Orlong; 2014-06-13 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post

There are basically 3 acceptable team sports for men; American football, ice hockey, and rugby. Anything else is just something you waste time on or play until you are man enough to play a real sport. If there is no chance of bloodshed it is hobby, not a sport.
    American Football, where they wrap everybody up in 50 pounds of expanded polystyrene?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Until we start to produce super stars and have epic dramas of our own it just won't be that interesting to me.
    Are we talking about professional sports, here, or soap operas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Objectively I think soccer is a very boring sport and the only reason people like it so much is because of tradition.

My own opinion is that soccer is way fucking boring. I'll give your video a view later.
    I'll have to second this. I'm not very much into sport, but when I do tend to watch some sort of sport it's usually Australian rules Football (AFL), Rugby (NRL) or the V8's.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    pretty much this

soccer is so boring compared to other sports.. even tennis more exciting
    I like watching womans tennis, womans beach volley ball and womans gymnastics etc. However fifa world cup is the only time I will really watch sport nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Some people just don't get it, stop caring about it. It's not like Football needs more attention, it's THE sport in the world. There isn't even anything close.
    Its the only sport that Im aware of that's played worldwide where most games are played by national teams against each other. Its likely not popular because people like the game, Its likely popular because people are patriotic and just want to see their country beat another in something

Problem with soccor is the lack off actions. Its like a movie that is interesting only 20% off the time, we're other sports you always have something interesting going on.

I just can't like it...Also its nothing but a money sport, best money teams wins etc, and all the corruption and shit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ.......
    Some mod shut this thread down.
    Stupidity and Ignorance running rampant, on three sides.
    Idiotic Americans insulting the sport. As much idiotic Non-Americans returning the favor insulting US sports, and the ever present couch athletes, for whom walking from the living room to the toilet is about the most exercise they ever get, insulting both sides equally.

I would suggest, how everyone that thinks Football (Soccer) is boring, and nothing happens, actually tries to play it for a change. Find out if you got the fitness for it.
    It's a little bit comparable to WoW, and your toons main stats....
    Stamina - You need it to make it through 90+ minutes without collapsing from muscle cramps in places you didn't even know you had muscles...
    Agility - You need it, to be able to sprint up to 100 meters repeatedly over the entire time of the game, at an average of once per minute.
    Strength - You need it, to be able to stand a chance against any defenders action, who tries to take you out of the equation.
    Intellect - You need it, to understand the strategies and tactical moves. Ideally you not only know them, you can read them when they unfold or you can outsmart the other teams strategies.
    Spirit - You need it, to have a chance at all. All of the above won't help you anything, if you don't have the spirit and willpower to overcome any obstacle and win this thing, even in the most dire situation with all the odds against you.

And for those that think American Football sucks..... Well, for you it's the same shit. Try playing it. Then come back and talk again.
    That funny looking instrument, that looks more like a testicle than a ball... It's not nearly as easy to handle as it may seem. It's as fucking tricky and evil as a normal football. If you don't know what to do, with neither you'd hit a barn gate from 20 yards away.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

How about no.

Watching 2 groups of colored monkies chase a ball is the most boring stuff ever. Same goes for any other ball sport in my case. I just avoid TV like the plague when it's season time re-watch good series, play video games, and skim news on the interwebs w/o interruption! Good life that is. /nod

@Wildtree:It doesn't have anything to do with fitness dude. It's boring to watch. How's that for a shocker. Some people just think so.