Thread: Honestly

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Honestly

PvP isn't that bad right now. In fact its the best it's been all of cataclysm and MoP, arguably wrath S7 and S8 were better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Comp dependency is annoying and the usual gear roll out and farm the undergeared is old. That said still yes, PVP still best aspect of WOW to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Class viability-wise this season, or at least the previous season, is one of the best. But that doesn't mean PvP itself is the best.

PvP, specifically arenas are still extremely comp dependent as well way too bursty and too slow paced. Just look at comps like LSD and KFC. The shaman and the lock can tank all damage that's coming to them like nothing is happening while still maintaining huge pressure and massive CC. They can make a ton of mistakes as well and not be punished for it.

Meanwhile KFC the warrior can just tank all the damage even if he's overextending because he knows that even if he is forced to use a CD, he and the shaman will still have enough cooldowns to support him.

Those are just examples. Too much CC with too many defensive cooldowns make it so games last too long IMO.

Class/comp-viability-wise, this season is certainly good and definitely better than warrior heaven that was S14.

However, the gameplay itself is hands down the worst it ever was. The massive amounts of instant cc, the totally random and huge burst that can gib players in 2-3 globals, the crapton of idiotic shit that's cluttering the screen, the utter dominance of lock/shaman... It's just awful, especially once you get to like 1800+ and people start to know how to use their CC.

Deleted
    The arms race has gone too far. We all have far too many answers to every situation - We just counter the counter. Those left behind in the arms race, suffer.

We are once again in a ranged dominated season (Unless you're a warrior in the right composition).

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't get over the fact that I can't do anything in PvP on my Grievous geared warrior, and outheal almost anything on my Prideful geared Paladin.

I get that you should be stronger in new gear, but even getting Grievous gear requires some effort to obtain, and it accomplishes little.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    PvP isn't that bad right now.
    So its not bad that one class has 20% representation in 2.2+ pvp while others have 2-5 ?
    Or is the state of pvp not linked to the balance between classes and specs in your opinion ?
    (if so, do you play a shaman?)

Or are you referring to every class having 3-6 cc's available (some of them being spammable) ?

There is one thing that MOP has fixed, ONE.
    No more retarded raiding to get OP pve items that are completely
    out of wack in pvp, so gg for that blizz.
    (But while doing so they did destroy all word pvp and duel balance)
    Last edited by mmocaa8ea6144f; 2014-06-03 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class and spec diversity is at its peak, but it's still far from as 'balanced' as it was in S3, S7 and S8. I'd argue that S8 has been my favourite season thus far, as the only problem was Shadow Priest dots ticking for 10% of your health giving you the sense that they did actually melt you. Every other season's been either over-tuned or under-tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I get that you should be stronger in new gear, but even getting Grievous gear requires some effort to obtain, and it accomplishes little.
    The gear of this season is all kinds of broken, honestly. I think there is something like a 25% stat difference between Grievous and Prideful. It's like the PvE developers were discussing gear while PvP developers were out playing volleyball and drinking mojitos. Then they came inside and had to slot in with whatever the PvE people were doing. As crazy as that may sound, I honestly can't fathom how they could make such a colossal mistake. Even if you are partly prideful geared and have the weapons you will be majorly behind on everything.

Addendum:

>tfw beating fully prideful geared people in low ratings when you have 530 ilvl.

How can anyone be that bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class is rank 1 viable so to Blizzard, that's a balanced season.

I think season 11 was the best season in terms of class representation. The skilled classes were on top while the mindless classes weren't viable.

Casual PvP is not too bad right now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    PvP isn't that bad right now. In fact its the best it's been all of cataclysm and MoP, arguably wrath S7 and S8 were better.
    Really?, I never really thought I'll say or even think this before but I honestly feel embarrassed I pay(regardless of price) to stay subscribed to this game every time I do PvP. Whether it's Battlegrounds against bots or Arenas against hybrid teams/classes that outdamage dpsers and outheal healers. Oh and did I mention the endless crowd control?
    Last edited by ImpalerEU; 2014-06-04 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? Honestly!

I miss Wrath PvP days.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Really?, I never really thought I'll say or even think this before but I honestly feel embarrassed I pay(regardless of price) to stay subscribed to this game every time I do PvP. Whether it's Battlegrounds against bots or Arenas against hybrid teams/classes that outdamage dpsers and outheal healers. Oh and did I mention the endless crowd control?
    Best DPS of the season:
    Warrior 11.4
    Mage 9.8
    Warlock 9.1
    Hunter 8.7
    Shaman 7.9
    Rogue 5.4
    Priest 5.2
    Druid 4.1
    Death Knight 2.5
    Monk 1.4
    Paladin 0.9

Total pures: 46.9
    Total Healers: 33.6
    Total hybrids: 19.5

Yep, that is totally truth, we need to nerf hybrids more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Every class is rank 1 viable so to Blizzard, that's a balanced season.

I think season 11 was the best season in terms of class representation. The skilled classes were on top while the mindless classes weren't viable.
    except every class isn't a viable rank1 outside extreme examples

but on a representation level it is a decently "balanced" game, but everything else from game mechanics and such it is god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    except every class isn't a viable rank1 outside extreme examples

but on a representation level it is a decently "balanced" game, but everything else from game mechanics and such it is god awful.
    Which class doesn't have a R1 comp? o.O

dks, at 2700 cut off only one dk barely sneaked over the line last i checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK's don't count as a pvp class so its all good. Let's be honest here, if anyone cared about DK's, it would be all over the official forums about how shitty DK's are.

Retribution Paladins count as a class though. That's why you see complaints about Ret being "not viable" all over the forums.

No, last Season was the most balanced Pvp has ever been. With mabye 1 or 2 classes that needed ever so slight toning down. But otherwise a very balanced season.

This season hunters and monks and boomy offheals are out of control. plus warriors and rogues ruining everything. CC is still over the top in general,

This season is a mess.