Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stop crying and get http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=155836#.
    And yes its super hard to understand that you hate the ability yet don't want it gone, whats with with your brain?

How about you just deal with it instead of bitching, what's wrong with people nowadays, its all bitch bitch bitch, learn to deal with some of this stuff, a lot people don't like SR, a lot do, then just keep it exactly like it is.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2014-06-30 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albinm View Post
    hate to say it but i just dont think you're good enough :i also why would fragnances' dots tick for more than any other players'? x)
    Because he had the top Feral parse by a mile for 6 months.

If your playing feral and your find keeping SR to be a hassle, yes take Savagery in WoD. Feral takes finesse to play at the high level. You can't spam every ability on cd and not be energy starved when you get a proc or find yourself in a situation where "Damn, I should've used SR with that last 5 combo finisher instead of FB." If your finding yourself doing that, your not thinking before you act.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Cata feral model where SR didn't matter as much and the rotation was pretty much keep Rip up and FB otherwise. MoP gave Feral complexity a huge number of people enjoy, myself being one of them. If you want to maintain 2-3 bleeds and just FB, Blizz will give you that come WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Stop crying and get http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=155836#.
    And yes its super hard to understand that you hate the ability yet don't want it gone, whats with with your brain?

How about you just deal with it instead of bitching, what's wrong with people nowadays, its all bitch bitch bitch, learn to deal with some of this stuff, a lot people don't like SR, a lot do, then just keep it exactly like it is.
    1. I'm not crying.
    2. I won't pick the talent you want me to. It's like bringing boredom to an already boring ability.
    3. If it's hard to understand for you, then you should learn to read, and learn some polite manners when answering to someone. My brain is perfectly fine, thanks. Maybe you should look after yours.
    4. When there's room to improve and make funnier the character you enjoy playing with, why not try to change it? It has happened many times that Blizzard has read complains about some class or spec ability or mechanic and decided to change it, many times according to what was being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    1. I'm not crying.
    2. I won't pick the talent you want me to. It's like bringing boredom to an already boring ability.
    3. If it's hard to understand for you, then you should learn to read, and learn some polite manners when answering to someone. My brain is perfectly fine, thanks. Maybe you should look after yours.
    4. When there's room to improve and make funnier the character you enjoy playing with, why not try to change it? It has happened many times that Blizzard has read complains about some class or spec ability or mechanic and decided to change it, many times according to what was being asked.
    1. Yes you are
    2. Fine then deal with SR, heh.
    3. If you say so
    4. Same thing I said before, for you there is room to improve, for some others its already perfect, stop being selfish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    4. Same thing I said before, for you there is room to improve, for some others its already perfect, stop being selfish.
    You enjoy the complexity that SR offers. Would you really care if it were changed slightly (NOT REMOVED) to still offer the same complexity but feel more exciting to press for the people who enjoy that? If you don't care about the ability itself, but just want the complexity, then arguing against a change would be selfish.

Also arguing for a change doesn't necessarily mean that one cannot handle the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You enjoy the complexity that SR offers. Would you really care if it were changed slightly (NOT REMOVED) to still offer the same complexity but feel more exciting to press for the people who enjoy that? If you don't care about the ability itself, but just want the complexity, then arguing against a change would be selfish.

Also arguing for a change doesn't necessarily mean that one cannot handle the current version.
    Blizzard tried removing SR before and it turned out pretty awful. Having it as a talent choice seems reasonable. The only other option I can think of is making it a glyph, assuming Feral doesn't still have a bunch of glyphs that should be baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Blizzard tried removing SR before and it turned out pretty awful. Having it as a talent choice seems reasonable. The only other option I can think of is making it a glyph, assuming Feral doesn't still have a bunch of glyphs that should be baseline.
    personally i like a little more choice in my glyphs, i'd rather it stays as a talent. the trade-off seems fair to me, either have an extra DoT and a ranged attack, no need to cast SR or extra AoE bleeds. in this sense, single target fights only have a choice of 2, and its a preference.

i don't mind SR, but if i feel like being lazy, or don't want to worry about it in PvP, i like having the option to have it passive. i really don't see what the big issue is here...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I agree. SR being a talent seems like a great compromise. I just don't want it removed altogether.

SR is fine as is so is the mechanic, either adapt or quit complaining about it. It doesn't need changed because there is nothing wrong with it. If you do not want to deal with it they have a talent for that.

I hate Savage Roar too. It super lame and super punishing if it is not up.

Talent seems fine, but I'm really afraid that Savagery will be worse than Lunar Inspiration on single target, worse than Bloodtalons while AOE, and worse than both of those talents on cleave.

Hopefully that will not be the case though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Cat View Post
    Talent seems fine, but I'm really afraid that Savagery will be worse than Lunar Inspiration on single target, worse than Bloodtalons while AOE, and worse than both of those talents on cleave.

Hopefully that will not be the case though.
    That's the main problem with the talent. If it's more than marginally worse than the other talent-choices then many people who hate Savage Roar but have put up with it in the past will feel "forced" to put up with it again. If the reward of not using the talent doesn't isn't good enough then the people who enjoy Savage Roar will be forced to use the talent. It will need to be balanced really well (which will be difficult considering how the other talents interact with different fights), otherwise it would suck for nearly everyone involved.

The worst part about Savagery will be not being able to have it for the 90-100 grind. Can't wait to get there and stop using SR.

Deleted
    That's the main problem with the talent. If it's more than marginally worse than the other talent-choices then many people who hate Savage Roar but have put up with it in the past will feel "forced" to put up with it again. If the reward of not using the talent doesn't isn't good enough then the people who enjoy Savage Roar will be forced to use the talent. It will need to be balanced really well (which will be difficult considering how the other talents interact with different fights), otherwise it would suck for nearly everyone involved.
    depends how big of a gap it is tbh. despite knowing its a dps loss, i always use ascension on my monk, because i prefer one less thing to manage, and I do better dps

How good Savagery is will be proportional to how good Ferocious Bite is. If FB did as much damage as Rip it could very well be the most powerful talent. Of course that won't happen but they can tune Savagery by tuning Ferocious Bite.

Why mess with FB when you could just change the SR % modifier that the talent already boosts.
    Plus Its expected that Savagery will be the shittiest 100 talent behind the other two.

I believe the talent says 45% so I take it this is 5% more than SR if you don't have the talent?
    The difference between just changing the SR modifier or boosting FB is the latter rewards better play.

But since you don't have to deal with SR and Blood Talons or an additional dot (moonfire) I don't see how spamming FB could be better play.

It makes feral super simple, and also gives you a free 5%ish dmg boost.

I mean if the talent only gave you additional SR % dmg but didn't make SR passive, yeah I would understand the need to add an additional boost or something.

I do wonder is savagery will be the best talent until you get some epics and good blues when WoD comes out, or maybe that crit specialization is enough to let you high bleed uptimes.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2014-07-06 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    I find that energy regen is so slow on my Feral due to stacking Mastery for better bleeds, as opposed to my WW Monk that aims for highish haste, so I'm not a huge fan of SR.

For Feral to be enjoyable (in my opinion):

Remove Thrash and merge it with Swipe, so Swipe now adds a bleed dealing a % of the damage done.
    Remove Shred, and add the increased damage per bleed to Mangle instead.
    Remove SR or increase it's 5-point duration to 1 minute (like Inquisition), failing that give it synergy with another ability that extends it (like Mutilate with Slice 'n Dice).

I feel like Ferals suffer from Hunter-syndrome, too many abilities that are underwhelming but essential.