10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Prison break

I'm just after finishing this TV show and just woah , it was fucking awful but I wanted to see it through to the end after finishing S01.

I loved season one , really had me on the edge of my seat for some episodes. Just loved it all round.

Season two wasn't so bad , didn't have the quality of S01 but I still quite liked it , then came S03. They are back in prison again?! Jesus christ sona was bad.

Then the last season , should have renamed the show to Michael VS the company. It was complete dogshit from start to finish.

One final note , why are there 22 episodes+ per series (bar sona). If they compacted it into maybe 12 it could have cut out so much useless filler crap.

/Rantover.

So what did you guys think of prison break?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    So what did you guys think of prison break?
    One of the best tv shows ive seen i followed it every week i loved Season 1 and 2 i was totaly hooked at this point then came S3 and i liked it but it got boring fast and then with S4 it felt they ran out of idea's and i got kinda weird and then they added The Final Break... which kinda sucked

Still suprised Wentworth Miller didnt get some more movie offers after this his career kinda stayed like it was before Prison break

My favorite charaters are Michael scofield, Alexander mahone and Paul Kellerman.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    One of the best tv shows ive seen i followed it every week i loved Season 1 and 2 i was totaly hooked at this point then came S3 and i liked it but it got boring fast and then with S4 it felt they ran out of idea's and i got kinda weird and then they added The Final Break... which kinda sucked

Still suprised Wentworth Miller didnt get some more movie offers after this his career kinda stayed like it was before Prison break

My favorite charaters are Michael scofield, Alexander mahone and Paul Kellerman.

The guy playing Alexander mahone had some great scenes , liked it when he started getting really gritty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much agree with your season rankings. Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 was entertaining, Season 3+4 were wtf. I had rewatched S1 and S2 several times, but I haven't been able to watch it again since seeing S4. I still haven't gotten around to seeing the movie.

I think they could have easily ended it after S2. Sure, the Company was still around as a loose end, but the connection between the Company and the brothers was pretty much severed, so they could have gone their own ways.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Season 4 was so, so bad. I've heard ever worse things about the TV-movie they did.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    I'm just after finishing this TV show and just woah , it was fucking awful but I wanted to see it through to the end after finishing S01.
    Blasphemy! Wash that mouth with soap, boy. I watched this show every week while it was airing, definitely close to one of the best series I've ever watched.

Season 1 was gold, season 2 was still geat, season 3 got a little boring, but season 4 made up for that, was awesome imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Season 4 was so, so bad. I've heard ever worse things about the TV-movie they did.
    Movie was horrible, not even on the same level as the show.

i loved Kellermans character, he did a total 360 from the start. and Mahone, made the show more interesting. Season 3 really dragged though, and same with 4. I would have preferrred they condense 3 and 4 into something much smaller. T-bag was a great character as well.

Prison Break has only 1 season. ONE SEASON!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally watched s2 s3 and s4 last year.

S1 was amazing, always. Such a great concept.
    S2 was meh, but it was interesting, and the cop was great.
    S3 was oaky, highs and lows. Breaking out of prison again was good. Especially when it wasn't planned this time.
    S4 was semi-okay. The eps when they were breaking into the company and such were good, some was bad.
    Movie was okay, not great, but awful.

It was a good show, but I really hate the concept of 'EVIL COMPANY VS EVERYONE'. Ugh. So many tv shows use it, it's horrid.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Can't even remember half of it anymore, so many years since i saw it, but i know i like'd and followed it

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account

Would be a perfect joker replacement in the batman films.

Deleted
    So, there's already two Prison Break threads, this one and an older one here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...V-Prison-break so I don't want to make a new thread for this, and will instead use this existing one.

NOTE: SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO BELOW - if you haven't watched the original seasons, beware.

So... Umm... Ehh...

It appears Michael is, in fact, very much alive. The "Prison Break Brothers" did their stint on the awful DC shows and are back now for more of this it would seem.

It would seem this new revival season consists of 9 episodes, and is slated as a "limited" series and a "miniseries" here and there, so I'm guessing it's popularity will decide whether they continue to make it.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-17 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    I loved this show.

But yeah Season 1 was by far the best.

Deleted
    so fox doesnt get anything new done they reboot everything old?...

damn them for stealing Cap Cold and Heatwave =

Deleted
    I actually just about finished the entire series again in prep for this.

I agree with pretty much everybody else. Season 1 was great. The rest was mediocre and S4 felt like it contained a ton of filler. Love the character progression of Mahone the most. T-Bag was the best character though, he's fucking amazing.

Fox reboots of older shows in their new format is actually pretty good. 24 worked great as a 10 episode series. I'll be watching this for sure.

And yea s1 was prison break. Those other seasons dont count.

Plus I like its a role reversal of Dom trying to break out Michael this time round.

One of my favorite TV series! Please be good! Please be almost as good as S1!
    T-Bag is the best character thanks to his actor.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tbag killed so many people how the hell is he out of prison? He was denied exoneration

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Tbag killed so many people how the hell is he out of prison? He was denied exoneration
    A second character came back from a 100% death, so him being out of prison isn't all that surprising. If they cotniue with the government and conspiracy stuff then likely someone will want Micheal out for some other convulated plan.