Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    Zeratul and Tassadar can hog objectives or push hard as long as they wants to on their own, and can get out of most shitty fights. You're doing something wrong if you can't pull these off with Zeratul and Tassadar (Both Protoss are OP even if they toned Tass). Sonya is absolutely trash without a competent team and a slam build. Illidan is more of a skill cap because he can dish it out. Next alpha has to address the character balance for every role. Talents need a major overhaul to stand out because some heroes have some really bad talents (i.e. Sonya).
    I can't remember which one it is offhand, but I simply hate the one that stealths when not in combat. He rides around and just completely ganks you because you can't prepare yourself. Sonya though I do agree is pretty terrible. Tried her a few times and gave up.

One thing I pray to god will be fixed is input delay. Some heroes are just impossible to play because of input delay. Map gimmicks should be tuned up too (You shouldn't hold your tribute/coins after the enemy team turn their stuff in. Everyone should be back to 0). Gold being less grindy would be nice (dailies and hero quests don't make the grind easier/faster).

e: It needs a UI that isn't an ugly, purple/grey piece of shit made by a 9th grader. The mini-maps make roaming dreadful. Hopefully they will fix it in the next Alpha.
    Input delay I haven't noticed much, but I hear a lot about. So I wonder if there's a factor or something that is causing issues. As for your suggestions on tribute/coins. I wouldn't mind seeing it for a few weeks to see how it plays out. Though if they removed coins they should make it so mercs aren't spawned like they do when Dragon Knight is up.

Deleted
    Map gimmicks should be tuned up too (You shouldn't hold your tribute/coins after the enemy team turn their stuff in. Everyone should be back to 0)
    That's probably a bad idea. Its easy to steamroll as is, teams would never get the chance to recover on either of those maps.

Yeah, everything "resetting" would be game breaking

Deleted
    Map gimmicks should be tuned up too (You shouldn't hold your tribute/coins after the enemy team turn their stuff in. Everyone should be back to 0).
    I actually like it the way it is. It does give the opposing team a chance to make a comeback and less reason for the "winning" team to relax.

Scenario objectives are already ridiculously powerful and letting the opposing team start one is already a harsh punishment. Resetting it completely for the team that did not start the event may end up being extremely discouraging instead keeping at least that little progress they managed to have made, may rile them up in getting something done and step up their game.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-06-21 at 12:24 PM.

You'd think a reset would ruin a match for the losing team, but in the long run, gimmicks lose their value over time depending on the team, heroes, and map. Both Protoss, Gazlowe, and others will make or break the game more than the gimmicks themselves. The mine and dragon really lose their value when buildings are destroyed (Blackheart is 50-50).

I'm probably going to contradict myself for saying this, but Objectives/Gimmicks shouldn't be like MvC3's X-Factors where a Vergil with an X-Factor suddenly takes down a whole team on his own because the winning player whiffed despite he was winning the game. The losing team shouldn't win the match because they held 2 out of 3 tribute items on the Raven map, nor should a hero like Gazlowe or Zeratul hold 69 dubloons while Zeratul hogs Blackheart without any trouble.

If there getting tributes that means their winning. also stun zeratul....he dies

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think a reset would ruin a match for the losing team, but in the long run, gimmicks lose their value over time depending on the team, heroes, and map. Both Protoss, Gazlowe, and others will make or break the game more than the gimmicks themselves. The mine and dragon really lose their value when buildings are destroyed (Blackheart is 50-50).

I'm probably going to contradict myself for saying this, but Objectives/Gimmicks shouldn't be like MvC3's X-Factors where a Vergil with an X-Factor suddenly takes down a whole team on his own because the winning player whiffed despite he was winning the game. The losing team shouldn't win the match because they held 2 out of 3 tribute items on the Raven map, nor should a hero like Gazlowe or Zeratul hold 69 dubloons while Zeratul hogs Blackheart without any trouble.
    If Zeratul is holding Blackheart with 0 issue then your team is bad. Blackheart turn ins must be 5v5 fights and most smart teams can deal with Zeratul/he won't pick dumb people off of Blackheart.

And please go into depth about your points rather thn just claiming things. How do heroes liek Gazlowe, Tass, and Zeratul make or break the game? How do mechanics lose their value? Why shouldn't teams be able to make comebacks?

Like Sik said, if a team is able to get 3 tributes before yours, then they are outplaying your team. Objectives are key.

Deleted

that's an issue more with the characters than with the gimmicks, if Zeratul/Gazlowe has 69 doubloons then there's
    1 - a problem with the character itself being unable to be killed
    2 - A problem with the opposing team being outskilled.

If the losing team end up winning because the opposing team relaxed and lost focus and not only allowed them to pick up two previous tributes, then the last one and also being unable for the time of the curse to defend properly while they could not manage to win after getting six tributes themselves then too bad for them, next time don't think you already won. The losing team step up their game enough (or enough mistakes have been made by the winning team) to change the tides of battle.

I'm not saying the game is perfect it *does need* a lot of tuning and mechanic passes, but by your description the issues lies more with the Heroes than the objective themselves and to be honest this kind of bias is quite visibly clear in basically all your posts, where you constantly bring up zeratul,gazlowe and tassadar again not saying you're wrong, just offering perspective
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-06-22 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikplays View Post
    If there getting tributes that means their winning. also stun zeratul....he dies
    Exactly, he's squishy as fuck, but can burst like no other. Just gotta stun him

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    We're still waiting on Sylvannas, Kael'Thas, Chen Stormstout and Zagara. They were all announced at Pax East (IIRC).
    Zagara is coming this week!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

I'm surprised one of the first heroes not in the alpha was Thrall.