Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't understand the joy of watching someone play a game. Even with sports I'd much rather play the game than watch someone else do it.

Apparently, people are entertained by some one playing a game than playing it themselves.
    the new generation of gamers(spectators)ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post

Fun video that could be part of the reason PewDiePie became so popular a Youtuber, but that's just a theory, a Game Theory.

Couldn't resist posting this video, just couldn't.
    Those thumbnails themselves are a reason why I haven't watched his videos. Also, only my friends' 10-year-old little brothers have recommended me this channel.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    I don't understand the joy of watching someone play a game. Even with sports I'd much rather play the game than watch someone else do it.
    Thankfully not everyone feels the same way about everything, our differences are what makes the world beautiful believe it or not. Sometimes I enjoy watching people engage in one of my hobbies. I enjoy watching Kripparian play Hearthstone for example.

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    Those thumbnails themselves are a reason why I haven't watched his videos. Also, only my friends' 10-year-old little brothers have recommended me this channel.
    Yeah he's pretty much the Twilight (SPARKLE VAMPIRES!) / Justin Bieber of Lets Plays. Popularity does not equal quality.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

ITs funny, I got 500 subscribers (well 470) and I dont make a dime

I wonder what im doing wrong..

I sat through one of his videos once and it was the most annoying shit I have ever seen on Youtube. How so many people like that kind of fake personality is beyond me. Must be mostly pre-teens.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising to be honest. A while back i saw the same kind of article about RWJ and his show =3 if anyone remembers it. Not everyone can do it, you need to be genuinely funny and charismatic, not to mention lucky.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    ITs funny, I got 500 subscribers (well 470) and I dont make a dime

I wonder what im doing wrong..
    Are you partnered with youtube? I think you need to be in order to earn money from commercials on your videos, that is assuming you actually create content i.e doing lets plays with voiced commentary and not just a gameplay video.

Good for him, that he earns a huge sum of money.

I just hope he doesn't get on his high horse and make arguments hinging on, "I make more money than you, therefore I'm a better person than you."

We already have enough insufferable windbags.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Just proves further that collage is a waste of time and puts you in debt for the rest of your life :l
    How big a collage did you make to put you in debt for the rest of your life?

OT: No idea why any of these people are popular, I would much rather play a game than watch someone else play and the same goes for everyone I personally know......also some guy came on CS:GO with the name PewDiePie, probably someone trying to be famous by using the name, and they were such a dickhead that I wouldn't go have a look at his vids even if I did get any entertainment from watching someone play a game
    Last edited by Attackrabbit; 2014-06-18 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Like all the other game streaming entertainers, He Needs to earn it quick, earn it big, and save as much as possible.
    sooner or later not only will people stop watching his videos, but the ability to earn off them will be removed. (looking at the likes of EA, and Nintendo here)

I like his "Friday with PewDiePie" videos, makes me laugh a lot.

I guess a lot of people like some "video gamer" that pretends to be stupid, and "scared" of every horror game he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I had never heard of this guy until this thread.
    Probably still won't remember him later!
    Sorry to be that person, but if you haven't heard of him until now, you have to be digging yourself under a mountain on purpose. I mean, I don't care much about him, but I've heard about him and seen his name too many times to count.

He's popular with the kids.

Only reason why he's popular, nothing else.

His horrific humor appeals to children.

As much as he (and many of his fans) annoy the shit out of me...good for him!

Seriously, I can't fault someone for hustling and finding a way to make a ton of money that doesn't shit on other people, especially when they do a bunch of charity work (which IIRC he does donate/do a ton of streams for charity). I may not like the content he creates, but hey, he found a way to make a hell of a lot of money doing something he loves and most of us wish we could make money off of, so mad props to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Fuck him. Don't know why he is so famous, I watched a video of him playing Slender once... didn't even bother subbing. Also I don't find him funny at all.

There is only 1 entertainment channel on YT that am I subbed to, the one and only ELPRESADOR.
    That guy is still going? I haven't watched him in years.

I don't find Pewdie funny at all. Probably appeals to the more shallow humor, screamoids that unfortunately infect online games anymore.

While i find him to be a loathsome cunt i still say good luck to the guy. If he has found away to make that much bank from youtube then fair play to him.

I had no idea he made that much money, that's awesome.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

It's mind boggling, I'm literally nonplussed. The only way I can get my head around it is by comparing it with pro footballer salary's, they are earn that much because of how lucrative the sport is. The only thing that bugs me about this is those completely fake YT persona's, it makes me cringe to hear those random "whacky" high pitched pronunciations or those completely forced laugh's at things that aren't even slightly funny, you can easily spot an whore.

he's.... weird. but he is a cutie.