Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Why does H2P rate heroic warmace so highly?

I know its pretty great as are most heroic heirlooms but wouldn't a warforged piece give better stats? I mean the 1h from spoils would give crit/mast which is perfect because by that ilvl you need the secondary stats more and should have no issue getting to the haste break point.

Anyways was just curious as to why it has the 1h mace and off hand from heroic garrosh as our BiS

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I know its pretty great as are most heroic heirlooms but wouldn't a warforged piece give better stats? I mean the 1h from spoils would give crit/mast which is perfect because by that ilvl you need the secondary stats more and should have no issue getting to the haste break point.

Anyways was just curious as to why it has the 1h mace and off hand from heroic garrosh as our BiS
    BiS for which spec?

I was under the impression that the staff was our BiS for disc, but I could be wrong.

If you're looking at shadow BiS list, its due to hit.

Hit is our highest secondary, but it caps quickly. When building your full list you need to take this into account and only choose a few pieces with hit on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    If you're looking at shadow BiS list, its due to hit.

Hit is our highest secondary, but it caps quickly. When building your full list you need to take this into account and only choose a few pieces with hit on them.
    Oh so it has less to do with that but more due to the other choices in their BiS? That makes sense I forgot to take that into account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    BiS for which spec?

I was under the impression that the staff was our BiS for disc, but I could be wrong.
    IIRC 1h and Oh will always be better because you can enchant an OH (more int) as well and w/ jade spirit on your MH so you get more int/secondary stats that way.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-06-18 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Reading charts is really hard apparently. It's ranked off of a non upgraded system so the heirloom mace is 582 and doesn't up grade compared to WF weapons starting at 572. If you look at each numerical value under the stats it's going to be different and that's what you want to go off of. It's too tricky to value everything based off racials and upgrades, that's why we have it the way we do. The wand is BIS if you are curious as to what weapon you want to go for.
    Last edited by Drye; 2014-06-18 at 05:47 PM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    The wand is a myth

Deleted
    IIRC 1h and Oh will always be better because you can enchant an OH (more int) as well and w/ jade spirit on your MH so you get more int/secondary stats that way.
    Except that the mace has spirit wich disc doesnt need and no crit, then you got offhand with crit and haste (where haste is useless again) but will never has as much crit/mastery (wich is bis for disc) amount as on garrosh staff or gaze.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...:105688;105690

Those 2 weapons above considering gems (2x int + crit gems on both weapons, making them even) staff has 39 more int, then considering the offhand ench (165 int), the 1h/off has 126 int more, but bad stats, wich is not worth it ^^
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2014-06-18 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Except that the mace has spirit wich disc doesnt need and no crit, then you got offhand with crit and haste (where haste is useless again) but will never has as much crit/mastery (wich is bis for disc) amount as on garrosh staff or gaze.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...:105688;105690

Also from older calculations i normally see a lack in intel anyway when comparing 1h/off to a staff wich only makes the int amounts roughly the same after enchanting that extra int on the offhand.
    They're talking about Shadow.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zych View Post
    The wand is a myth
    Like them trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    They're talking about Shadow.
    I know .
    I´m replying to the part where Fefina said wich spec and said the staff was bis for disc, where Drsolders replied 1h/off is always better.

Anyway just wanted to clear that part up, back to On Topic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    I know .
    I´m replying to the part where Fefina said wich spec and said the staff was bis for disc, where Drsolders replied 1h/off is always better.

Anyway just wanted to clear that part up, back to On Topic
    I stated IIRC ( If I recall correctly), I guess I was wrong but was always told that
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Deleted
    I stated IIRC ( If I recall correctly), I guess I was wrong but was always told that
    I was under the impression that 1h+offhand is better because the juggernaut one provides an extra yellow socket for disc compared to Gaze (talking about everything warforged). Could be wrong though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    I was under the impression that 1h+offhand is better because the juggernaut one provides an extra yellow socket for disc compared to Gaze (talking about everything warforged). Could be wrong though
    By taking wand+OH over 2h gaze (hc wf), you win 104 Int / 338 Crit / 536 Haste and you loose 62 Stam 815 Mastery. It's pretty much the same in the end, I would say it's a little better to go 1h if you want to play aggressive and dps a lot (10man), and to go with 2h if you want to roll bigger aegis/shells (25man).
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-06-20 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zych View Post
    The wand is a myth
    The HWF vrsion dropped for me last night after I basically gave up on it. Keep believing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropson View Post
    The HWF vrsion dropped for me last night after I basically gave up on it. Keep believing!
    I keep hope alive ... somehow. Empe's trinket comment got me thinkin though so I made the mistake of checking WoWHeroes.

27 Immerseus
    23 Shamans
    15 Spoils

I have clearly angered the loot gods somehow. Running out of sacrificial gnomes & kittens, not sure how else to appease them. Halp.

7+ Year Old Account
    They're ranked so high because the rankings are based off of base ilvl, they drop upgraded already so the value is much higher than the others at 0/4.

Deleted
    You must sacrifice a new born boy to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    You must sacrifice a new born boy to be safe.
    This is what I'm doing tomorrow at midnight. Maybe I can get my BBoY then.

OT: Even if you check the thread on h2p where every item is listed on. The mace is rated above other normal heroic main hands but below HF ones.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-06-23 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    This is what I'm doing tomorrow at midnight. Maybe I can get my BBoY then.

OT: Even if you check the thread on h2p where every item is listed on. The mace is rated above other normal heroic main hands but below HF ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoon View Post
    They're ranked so high because the rankings are based off of base ilvl, they drop upgraded already so the value is much higher than the others at 0/4.
    pls read dis

Quote Originally Posted by Swoon View Post
    pls read dis
    Not sure if that's towards me or the original poster :P But heroic warmace is better than kardris' for sure and depending on the stats on the rest of your gear it can be better than horned mace and the paragons' dagger.
    The wand from spoils should be better ( again depending on how much hit you have , but it's generally better )
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-06-23 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity