Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    What a silly response. How do you know how much old content I do? Think before you post.

@Blithe: Chain Lightning will work fine. It's not "elemental's attack" in 6.0. They removed the cooldown for Enhance. You cast it, 5 enemies die. I don't see the problem.
    That's exactly that. You cast it, and it is still "Elemental's" attack. I don't see the problem with removing the initial damage component of Flame Shock, either. In fact, why are you so argumentative over it? Why are you defending such a big quality of life change?

Your argument is that Enhance can't do old content. I'm directly addressing that argument the same way the devs would.

If you want to change Flame Shock for a different reason, then make that argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your argument is that Enhance can't do old content. I'm directly addressing that argument the same way the devs would.

If you want to change Flame Shock for a different reason, then make that argument.
    Flame Shock's initial damage component should be removed or baked in. There, I said it. That's all that needs to be said.

We don't need them removing any initial attack on FS...we already have enough low CD rotational skills that have no Initial damage [looking at you UE...]

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Flame Shock's initial damage component should be removed or baked in. There, I said it. That's all that needs to be said.
    It's not, though. You need to support that argument. Why should the Flame Shock DD be removed? I can't think of a reason other than the soloing old content thing, which Chain Lightning really does address.

It's not exactly high on my priority list, but I would prefer for the DD to be removed too. I'm not arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm trying to provide the same answer the devs would. But of course feel free to tweet or post on the beta forums yourself, if you think you'll effect positive change.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-07-11 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    I can't really agree with any of this "elemental's attack" thing. I'm totally indifferent to enha and ele sharing those few abilities and I think both LB and CL (and FS) fit to enha just the same. Well, I'm not totally indifferent, as I quite like having them. No point making new abilities just for the sake of it, when there are existing ones in the class that already work perfectly for intended purposes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    I can't really agree with any of this "elemental's attack" thing. I'm totally indifferent to enha and ele sharing those few abilities and I think both LB and CL (and FS) fit to enha just the same. Well, I'm not totally indifferent, as I quite like having them. No point making new abilities just for the sake of it, when there are existing ones in the class that already work perfectly for intended purposes.
    Chain lightning only fits Enhancement when used with maelstrom, as it fits the more battle-magey theme that Enh has going. However, sitting back and casting it when AoEing old content feels rather jarring and not Enhancement-like. I think most of the time you'd just be melee one-shotting and discharging any maelstrom stacks you get, rather than sitting back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyarai View Post
    Chain lightning only fits Enhancement when used with maelstrom, as it fits the more battle-magey theme that Enh has going. However, sitting back and casting it when AoEing old content feels rather jarring and not Enhancement-like. I think most of the time you'd just be melee one-shotting and discharging any maelstrom stacks you get, rather than sitting back.
    I obviously agree with this though.

But I'm not sure if we should start radically changing a class and it's abilities based on soloing old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    I obviously agree with this though.
    But I'm not sure if we should start radically changing a class and it's abilities based on soloing old content.
    Well, the way our aoe is designed compared to others leads to complains in regular pve as well. Others instant spam their stuff for aoe burst, we have to set it up first, both with
    fire totems => searing magma => attacking enemies so it works
    attacking enemies to stack up msw => chain lightning
    flame shock => lava lash => fire nova

Also, Magma Totem is to weak to one shot even when soloing old stuff with a single pulse, and is then aggroing the mobs into destroying it. Would be nice if fire totem generated aggro could be immidiately redirected towards you.

It would be a huge step forward also if they could allow FN radiating from the caster (when no FS present). It would be instant but only one FN, compared to many. Against huge numbers of very weak enemies, that would be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Magma totem generates its own aggro again? Are you sure? That's an ollllld regression if so. It was changed to generate no threat at all in vanilla (which is why magma totem kills don't give you kill credit, remnant of this), then changed again to generate threat for the shaman sometime after.

FN radiating from the caster would be pretty cool.

Magma totem generates its own aggro again? Are you sure? That's an ollllld regression if so. It was changed to generate no threat at all in vanilla (which is why magma totem kills don't give you kill credit, remnant of this), then changed again to generate threat for the shaman sometime after.

I'm sure it grants you kill credit except if you did absolutly no dmg to the target by yourself. it is the same as if you play hunter and the pet kills it alone or something kills itself by hitting you and getting lighting shield dmg.
    I guess it is to prevent missuse. getting kill credit without being active part of the combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    I'm sure it grants you kill credit except if you did absolutly no dmg to the target by yourself.
    That is correct. In other words, it doesn't give you kill credit.

Deleted

I dunno, for the purpose of soloing old content maybe, but I like the current model for relevant content. Well, I guess having it come from the caster would remove the ramp up which wouldn't be too bad, but generally speaking I think the current implementation of FN has by far the most feeling to it :P

I wasn't thinking of it replacing the current implementation, although now that you mention it I would be cool with that too.

The original idea was for FN to radiate from the caster when (and only when) no targets in range are afflicted by Flame Shock. That avoids the current behavior where you just get an error message when you hit the button.

Deleted
    To be fair if they allowed 1 FN blast from the Fire Totem, if you factor in the extra damage to low level content, would most likely solve ALOT of those creditless kills for aoe.

Anyway to get an FN without requiring a flameshock initial hit would work fine. Whether from a totem, yourself, or FS not doing damage immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I don't know why, but I don't like the idea of Flame Shock losing it's direct damage, I would like more if they made Fire Nova emit one wave from a Fire Totem.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurokk View Post
    To be fair if they allowed 1 FN blast from the Fire Totem, if you factor in the extra damage to low level content, would most likely solve ALOT of those creditless kills for aoe.
    Please no. No more Fire Totem interactions, my butt still hurts from Searing Flames and Liquid Magma... I don't want anymore.

If Fire Nova would also work from the Shaman, that'd be pretty cool too.

Old:
    Ignites your Flame Shock spell on any nearby enemies, causing each of them to emit a wave of flames that deals (48.0679% of Spell power) Fire damage to every other enemy within 10 yards.
    New:
    A wave of flame erupts from the Shaman, dealing (48.0679% of Spell Power) Fire damage to enemies within 10 yards of him/her and ignites your Flame Shock spell on any nearby enemies, causing each of them to emit an additional wave of flames that deals (48.0679% of Spell power) Fire damage to every other enemy within 10 yards.

Quite like the set bonuses thematically but we'll see how it goes

Yo we heard you liked feral spirit so we let you turn into a feral spirit while you use feral spirit so you can be a feral spirit while you use feral spirit.

And more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Just to be "that guy," and play devil's advocate here, I'm wondering if a big part of the problem with FS's initial damage wasn't caused by damage scaling increases, as the tier progressed. With the stat squish, I wonder if we'll see much less of FS killing off mobs, before you can get a LL off (in current content).

If we're talking about old content, then I'm not sure why it would be an issue, even.