New to mists lock

Hi first off ive been inactive for about a year and a half. I just recently got the time and money to start playing wow again. I used to play a destro lock in cata because I liked the feel and from what I had read at the time it was the best spec for locks. I was wondering how the specs have changed in balance to one another and which ones I should try since im back.

Affliction is really hard to do right. If you dont master the opener and keep the dots rolling, it fucks you up really bad. Some like it, but I hate it.

Destro is easy on the surface, but harder to really master if you are going for some top DPS results. It is one of the best specs of any class at the moment, nobody can deny that. It is probably the best place to start out again if you havent played in a while.

Demo is my favourite, but it is a bit behind the other specs (fight dependent). I play in a very average guild, and I can match other player's damage done. However, we did get stuck on Garrosh a while back and I had to go Destro to carry the DPS a bit.

I would say try them all out, if you are not going for hardcore kills and topping metres ever fight, just play what you enjoy! Too much time is spent looking at numbers in the perfect situation, whereas you should just play what you are comfortable with