Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Fucking hate when ppl answer with "no thanks" it sounds so sarcastic and arogant
    Maybe I've been on the forums too much today but I have to clarify...

This is a sarcastic post, right? Please say yes.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Fucking hate when ppl answer with "no thanks" it sounds so sarcastic and arogant
    How would you respond then?

Say you're ordering a meal. They offer you a different meal. You say... "No thanks"?

Or am I wrong? Are you supposed to say "No you fucking idiot, I asked for this. Don't ask me if I want something else!"

...seriously...

LFR has seemed a lot more toxic lately too (if that is even possible).

In the past, I've noticed that Summer and Christmas break are two of the worst times to PuG with all the kids being out of school. Things ought to get back to being more friendly late Summer to early Fall.

You're a better person than I am for keeping faith for so long. I do't think I've had any since mid BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done about 8 LFRs in the past week finishing up the cloak of an alt. 6 of them were astonishingly pleasant, efficient groups. 2 of them were pretty terrible.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    I don't really know what you're talking about. Never had any bad experiences with Flex PUGs...
    Do you have chat turned off?

How is someone meant to reply if they don't want to do something, if "no thanks" is considered sarcastic and arrogant?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

This raid tier has been out for nearly an eon. I can't even tolerate playing the game anymore because of how many times you will run anything from dungeons, to LFR, to Flex with people who don't understand the most innately simple mechanics. The only way such a massive MMO can maintain some level of fun in the future is to give dungeon and raid rankings similar to Wildstar that save and qualify you for a category in this game: 'Facepalmer', 'Nerflerd', 'Reasonably Bearable', 'Tolerable', 'Average', 'Above Average', 'Good', and 'Godlike'. Something of this nature that places you into a category based on output/potential or dmg taken or "stood in fire" could easily be measured and maintain the sanity of your players. If you don't like the proposed system, you probably belong in the 'Facepalmer' category and should reconsider playing the game. This would give people a reason to feel ashamed of themselves for constantly going AFK and dying every pull on LFR, and they would get placed with increasing consistency with players of their own category. If something along this line isn't implemented we will continue to see LFR AFKers, Flex unbearables, and replaceable raiders in Normal. On the other hand, a better ranking earns you... what... player respect for being decent. That seems reasonable to me. Please, propose downsides to this argument...

Op I decided a while ago to never pug anymore. I don't care what the game offers as far as grouping. The extra effort to find a good guild is worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moral of the story: DONT DO Pug groups on a monday or tuesday, heck even sunday can be bad. I try to do mine before saturday to avoid the shitty ones
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Soooooo...first it was LFR being the cesspit...now it is flex? Too bad with flex you cannot blame it on Blizzard, anonymity, whatever....

So yeah..after all it is still us the players who make and break everything.
    Of course it can't be that LFR and LFD made the community what it is today so that it permeates in every aspect of raiding outside of the super tight knit groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Welcome to World of LFR-Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I could not agree with this more. I'm sick of being declined for Flex PUGs because my Druid is 520 item level (mostly because of that one or two shitty items that you can't replace no matter how much you run raids because NOTHING EVER DROPS). So when I want to run a Flex, I ask a friend in the guild to put one together for me. He's a pretty good sport and he'll grab as many people from guild as he possibly can. It doesn't matter what their item level is going to be because we know they're aware of how to play their classes and they're familiar with the fight mechanics. When he has to resort to PUGs to fill the empty slots, he won't take anyone with less than 545 item level. Why? Because if someone has a higher item level, we can safely assume they've at least seen the fights before. But it no way compensates for poor ability. As a 520 item level Feral Druid, I am third on DPS in the entire raid despite having PUGs with 560+ item level in the group. The only two people above me are guildies who raid normal and heroic modes.

Item level doesn't mean shit.
    my warrior is like 530 ilvl and i out dps 560+ ilvl warriors with their legendary cape and meta when i have neither. Item level really doesn't mean anything. It's the mechanical knowledge and knowledge of your rotation and class, but people seem to forget those minor details and just go for the macro of if you haven't done it or your gear sucks that you automatically suck. It was never like this in TBC or Wrath, i literally leveled my dk to 80 got into naxx the half hour after i hit 80 no "Link achiev" must have so and so gearscore to go. Sucks the game has swayed to this Epeen flexing and Ilvl whoring. i agree with you and the other guy 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    At this point I just logged, what the heck is going on with the community? I know it has been bad ever since dungeon finder came out and people couldn't be easily blacklisted, but this just seems to go to a whole new level.
    You're blaming no consequences dungeon finder for a bad flexi pug?

If anything this kind of puts paid to that notion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Welcome to World of LFR-Heroes.
    Uhuh.

If there was no LFR there'd be a lot more of them in your Flexi/NM runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Protip: Oqueue pugs are largely consist of the same sorts of people you will find in LFR.

False... if there was no LFR, there would be a great deal of players whom stopped at 90 H noob dungeons because they could never get any gear at each level to keep up with the current tier. Those players would cease to exist, and the world would be a better place. Imagine if you didn't have to carry players through every step of the game. Wait... we had that. I think it was called BC. Yeah, it was BC. Remove attunements and insert LFR for all of the players that can't actually play video games, and you end up where we are today. Dungeon finder didn't destroy the game. Making content from the current expansion irrelevant by allowing LFR to pollute the game and give free gear- that is where the pollution began.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm really upset at the fact that majority of people won't accept my DK tank alt into Flex 3/4 because I'm "only 540 ilvl". Then, when I link the Cutting Edge from my main, they cry that I bought it.
    You can't win with this sort of people.
    If I pug, I'm reasonable with ilvl as long as you can prove that you're not terribad. And I form the group, nobody gets assist to invite their friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Item level doesn't mean shit.
    They do mean A LOT when inviting people with random skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please go to the WoW forums and tell this story to all the regular raiders who tell me to go do flex raiding instead of LFR. Yes, LFR has it's own set of jerks, but because it is easier, a few jerks can be ignored and the raid can still succeed. Also, some random elitist doesn't decide what ilevel gets in, Blizzard does. To me flex raiding sounds like the worst of LFR and regular raiding all rolled into one! Random baddy tools AND jerks with superiority complexes? SIGN ME UP!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muneraven View Post
    Please go to the WoW forums and tell this story to all the regular raiders who tell me to go do flex raiding instead of LFR. Yes, LFR has it's own set of jerks, but because it is easier, a few jerks can be ignored and the raid can still succeed. Also, some random elitist doesn't decide what ilevel gets in, Blizzard does. To me flex raiding sounds like the worst of LFR and regular raiding all rolled into one! Random baddy tools AND jerks with superiority complexes? SIGN ME UP!
    This.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Back2Basics View Post
    False... if there was no LFR, there would be a great deal of players whom stopped at 90 H noob dungeons because they could never get any gear at each level to keep up with the current tier. Those players would cease to exist, and the world would be a better place. Imagine if you didn't have to carry players through every step of the game. Wait... we had that. I think it was called BC. Yeah, it was BC. Remove attunements and insert LFR for all of the players that can't actually play video games, and you end up where we are today. Dungeon finder didn't destroy the game. Making content from the current expansion irrelevant by allowing LFR to pollute the game and give free gear- that is where the pollution began.
    This viewpoint is so toxic and is the reason why the game has trouble in the community. The desire for segregation and exclusion. If you're a normal or heroic raider (like myself), forget about people who play LFR only. They have 0 effect on you. Let them do their own thing.