How to burst as MM hunter?

I like playing BM hunter but seems every other hunter I talk to says MM hunter is the best spec at the moment. BM burst is pretty straight forward you got abilities that deal increased damage with Bestial Wrath.

However MM doesn't seem to have anything in terms of damage. Rapid Fire is haste and focus regen. Stampede's damage is pretty low without BMs mastery.

So yeah like for instance you doing some arena or rbgs you CC a healer or whatever and a burst target is called out.

What MM do? Arcane shot crits for only half compared to BMs Arcane shot under Bestial Wrath. Chimera, well, is on a hefty cool down and if it don't crit that's gonna suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Use Trinket -> Powershot -> Instant Aimed (procc) -> Chimaera

Line it up and see someone Explode

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Powershot
    2013 called. it wants its ability back :P

OT
    first you prepare with filling up your focus bar while fishing for toth and mmm proccs.
    then shortly before bursting you make sure that steady focus and serpent sting is up.
    the burst itself is quite boring.
    -cd's
    -insta aimed
    -chimera
    -arcane spam untill toth falls off
    -glaive toss
    -arcane spam untill out of focus whether toth is up or not
    -steady shots

other than that there's nothing special besides CS critting for 100k and the AS spam adding up to some hefty damage.
    btw. you're most likely forgetting that to every shot there's a chance for wild quiver to proc, which can add up to huge dmg.

tl;dr:
    video guide from at skillcapped by tony
    Last edited by Flaim; 2014-06-25 at 06:01 PM.

What Flaim said is good! Don't pick up Powershot it is just bad.

totally forgot that there was a video guide by skillcapped a few weeks ago.
    thought it was trash because i thought it was wasted space on googles harddrives.
    now i know the actual purpose: linking to others instead of breaking your fingers writing a complete article xD

How to burst as a MM hunter....drop your cat on the keyboard? I'd try that. Should work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggested Powershot because i got/get some really good numbers with it. I think at least in Temple of Kotmogu its a must have and the combo is a almost guaranteed Kill against a 50% Life healer in RBG`s. But thats just "my" opinion.

any team with half a brain will stop your powershot

I suggested Powershot because i got/get some really good numbers with it. I think at least in Temple of Kotmogu its a must have and the combo is a almost guaranteed Kill against a 50% Life healer in RBG`s. But thats just "my" opinion.
    I think Powershot is bad because of the knockback. If you play with another melee, if screws his positioning

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play with another melee, if screws his positioning
    I dont play Arenas, only RBG so thats not a problem for me but i always honor a different opinion.

I dont play Arenas, only RBG so thats not a problem for me but i always honor a different opinion.
    Depends on your rbg team then I guess. But even then, you might knockback out of range of your casters, or if you play with a rogue you will knock them out of a smoke bomb.

Well thanks for the tips, but I'm just gonna go back to BM. Not really liking MM, but may or may not switch back when I hit full prideful.

If they don't accept me I'm rbgs as bm/surv well then I wouldn't have any choice after that anyway...